Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:51:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryce Weiner attempted to tip ISIS!?  (Read 6531 times)
litecamel

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:14:04 AM

Here's a link to the audio interview with Bryce I mentioned where he discusses the tipping incident:

https://www.mixcloud.com/dogedradio/bryce-weiner-guest-host-commenting-on-tipping-mechanisms-in-crypto-currencies/

So basically he's trying to shift the blame from himself to Twitter.
He should just man up, admit he was wrong and stop acting like a child in my opinion.
that's like blaming the gun for killing someone. When you pulled the trigger.

Good analogy Smiley - I like it.
Anyway let's see what the pro-Weiner guys have to say about it.

Agreed, I don't understand why someone would try to do this and expect zero repercussions or whiplash.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 11:18:51 AM

As an acquaintance of Bryce, I felt very uneasy about this. I haven't spoken to him since the incident. Attempting to fund terrorism to prove a point is pretty ignorant in my opinion. It just seems like blatant attention whoring to me

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2015, 12:16:53 PM

Things would be nice and neat if we could just boil this down to football game, eh? 2 sides. Go Blues!  Go Reds!!   Grin

Alas, its rarely that simple. I dont think anyone is contesting that what this guy did was stupid. But should he be vilified to the degree that is being advocated in this thread? Of course not. If you want to be angry with something, then get angry at real issues. Guy did something stupid. It has zero impact on global terrorism. At least anyone else trying to setup ISIL/ISIS faucets will find it more difficult now. Lets be thankful for that.

Also, I hear what you say about rules and stuff - nobody wants complete anarchy. But by the same token, we expect those charged with enforcing those rules on us to abide by them with equal vigour.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
AT101ET (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:14:10 PM

Things would be nice and neat if we could just boil this down to football game, eh? 2 sides. Go Blues!  Go Reds!!   Grin

Alas, its rarely that simple. I dont think anyone is contesting that what this guy did was stupid. But should he be vilified to the degree that is being advocated in this thread? Of course not. If you want to be angry with something, then get angry at real issues. Guy did something stupid. It has zero impact on global terrorism. At least anyone else trying to setup ISIL/ISIS faucets will find it more difficult now. Lets be thankful for that.

Also, I hear what you say about rules and stuff - nobody wants complete anarchy. But by the same token, we expect those charged with enforcing those rules on us to abide by them with equal vigour.

Well based on your initial comment, we're entitled to. We are entitled to our views as much as anyone in this thread.
Yes there are plenty of issues to get angry at including ISIS. I actually think that they're a real threat and I think the world aren't doing enough to stop them.
We can't have members of the public supporting terror in any shape or form.

Also, I hear what you say about rules and stuff - nobody wants complete anarchy. But by the same token, we expect those charged with enforcing those rules on us to abide by them with equal vigour. - I've re-posted this because I think its completely true. I believe in some government. That doesn't mean I believe and agree with everything they do. In fact, I actually believe that they get lots of things wrong an can deal with many issues in other ways, however, without them or some form of power, all will be lost. 

abyrnes81

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 08:19:11 PM

Things would be nice and neat if we could just boil this down to football game, eh? 2 sides. Go Blues!  Go Reds!!   Grin

Well based on your initial comment, we're entitled to. We are entitled to our views as much as anyone in this thread.
Yes there are plenty of issues to get angry at including ISIS. I actually think that they're a real threat and I think the world aren't doing enough to stop them.

Also, I hear what you say about rules and stuff - nobody wants complete anarchy. But by the same token, we expect those charged with enforcing those rules on us to abide by them with equal vigour. - I've re-posted this because I think its completely true. I believe in some government. That doesn't mean I believe and agree with everything they do. In fact, I actually believe that they get lots of things wrong an can deal with many issues in other ways, however, without them or some form of power, all will be lost. 

It is not a question of politically not correct , it is a question of "ethic". Will you give or donate 1 cent to a terrorist/killer? I hope you will reply : No, I will not donate 1 cent do any killer. The future is not the democracy, also it has failed and we are moving to another form of government.
krigger

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Presale is live!

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:00:50 PM

Well he just donated 1$, and probably wanted to just test it.
Can you make a bomb from 1$?
Terror institutions are best way for marketing.

▄▄█████████▄▄      █████████████▄▄       █████████████▄▄        █████     █████        █████   ███████████████████    ██▄                ▄██
   ███████████████▄    ████████████████▄     ████████████████▄      █████     ██████       █████   ███████████████████    ████▄            ▄████
  █████▀     ▀▀███▀    █████     ▀▀█████▄    █████     ▀▀█████▄     █████     ███████      █████          █████           ██████▄        ▄██████
 █████          ▀      █████        ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀██     █████     ████████     █████          █████           ████████▄    ▄████████
 █████▄                ███▀▀                                          ▀▀█     █████████    █████          █████            ▀██████▀    ▀██████▀
 ▀██████▄▄               ▄▄▄        ▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄       ▄         ██████████   █████          █████              ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀
  ▀█████████▄▄         █████     ▄▄█████▀    █████     ▄▄█████▀     ███▄▄       ▀▀█ █████  █████          █████                  ▄██████▄
     ▀▀█████▀  ▄▄▄     ████████████████▀     ████████████████▀      █████     ▄▄     ▀▀▀██ █████          █████                ▄██████████▄
         ▀▀ ▄█████▄    █████████████▀▀       ██████████████▀        █████     ████▄       ▀▀▀███          █████              ▄██████████████▄
             ▀█████    █████                 █████     █████        █████     █████    ▄▄▄                █████            ▄████████▀▀████████▄
 ▄█▄          █████    █████                 █████      █████       █████     █████     █████▄▄▄
          █████           ████████▀    ▀████████
▄████▄▄     ▄█████     █████                 █████       █████      █████     █████      ███████
          ▀████           ██████▀        ▀██████
▀████████████████      █████                 █████        █████     █████     █████       ██████
            ▀██           ████▀            ▀████
  ▀▀██████████▀▀       █████                 █████         █████    █████     █████        █████
              ▀           ██▀                ▀██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
Whitepaper
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ANN Thread

██
 ██
  ██
   ██
    ██
     ██
    ██
   ██
  ██
 ██
██

Telegram
Facebook
Twitter
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
MegaFall

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 06:04:24 PM

I think he shouldn't be able to and it is good that it was blocked!  It is a fast track to getting a service shut down, funding terrorism!
I'm not a huge fan of the whole tipping idea as a whole, but this kind of thing just adds to the negative press around bitcoin.

Ironically the biggest funder of terrorism on the planet is the US government.

It is not a question of politically not correct , it is a question of "ethic". Will you give or donate 1 cent to a terrorist/killer? I hope you will reply : No, I will not donate 1 cent do any killer.

So then you don't pay taxes to fund the military?
sAt0sHiFanClub

Activity: 546

Warning: Confrmed Gavinista

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2015, 11:31:45 AM

I never said you arent entitled to your views. Hence we are having a discussion.

What I find funny is the way some poeple will get their knickers in a bunch over this guy, yet will not for one minute discuss the REAL issue.

Who are ISIS? Where did they come from? Who backed them?

If you look into this, I guarantee you wont be so angry at this Bryce guy ( and, YES, I agree, what he did was wrong)

ISIS is essentially Al-Qaeda Iraq. They are fighting a sectarian war against the US approved, but Shia majority government in Iraq. They are Sunni extremists, in the Wahhabist tradition of Saudi Arabia, and since the Syrian Civil War, have been openly backed by Saudi Arabia. The US are also keen to overthrow Assad, so US money has gone to the "rebels". However the rebels have largely been taken over by ISIS in the last 2 years, so all US and Saudi "aid" has been gracefully accepted by ISIS!

In essense, the US is supporting a terror organisation who are fighting against them in Iraq. Go Figure.  Remember the joy when the Marines took Fallujah in 2004?  Bet you didnt see as much fanfare when those bastard ISIS thugs took it back, using US supplied weapons and Hummers?

So you still pissed at this guy and his buck? You should get down to the Saudi Embassy and ask why do they support sectarian extremists in Syria and Iraq. And then ask your congressman why the US is still alligning itself with Saudi's who are openly hostile to anyone who is not a strict fundamentalist Sunni. ( that includes Shia, Alawites, Christians, Jews, etc.

We must make money worse as a commodity if we wish to make it better as a medium of exchange
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:39:11 AM

I never said you arent entitled to your views. Hence we are having a discussion.

What I find funny is the way some poeple will get their knickers in a bunch over this guy, yet will not for one minute discuss the REAL issue.

If you look into this, I guarantee you wont be so angry at this Bryce guy ( and, YES, I agree, what he did was wrong)

ISIS is essentially Al-Qaeda Iraq. They are fighting a sectarian war against the US approved, but Shia majority government in Iraq. They are Sunni extremists, in the Wahhabist tradition of Saudi Arabia, and since the Syrian Civil War, have been openly backed by Saudi Arabia. The US are also keen to overthrow Assad, so US money has gone to the "rebels". However the rebels have largely been taken over by ISIS in the last 2 years, so all US and Saudi "aid" has been gracefully accepted by ISIS!

In essense, the US is supporting a terror organisation who are fighting against them in Iraq. Go Figure.  Remember the joy when the Marines took Fallujah in 2004?  Bet you didnt see as much fanfare when those bastard ISIS thugs took it back, using US supplied weapons and Hummers?

So you still pissed at this guy and his buck? You should get down to the Saudi Embassy and ask why do they support sectarian extremists in Syria and Iraq. And then ask your congressman why the US is still alligning itself with Saudi's who are openly hostile to anyone who is not a strict fundamentalist Sunni. ( that includes Shia, Alawites, Christians, Jews, etc.

Awesome Post!

Cue crickets!!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:02:34 PM

Yeah, this is a very informative post. I don't know that much about the whole Iraq / Iran / U.S. manipulation thing. I probably should read up on it more to be a good world citizen (bla bla) but, like most Americans, I really don't care that much about their struggles beyond the belief that we shouldn't be messing in their internal affairs. If they nuclear carpet bombed each other in a triangle from Yemen to Pakistan to Turkey I doubt most Americans that didn't emigrate from that region would lose any sleep.

bitnanigans

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:23:11 PM

Well, he could have sent the bitcoins directly, if he absolutely wanted to. The great thing about bitcoin is there is no gate/wall to access, so you don't need to make use of services to transfer funds.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: