Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:59:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Pending transaction for most of a day  (Read 474 times)
Biomech (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 01:58:42 AM

Hello, I have a perplexing problem.

I sent a transaction, which has shown as pending since around 10AM this morning. It shows as unconfirmed in the block explorer. It has fees, and shows as high priority. I can see no reason why it's not confirming. I tried restarting electrum, this had no effect.

Is there any way to either stop the transaction or push it somehow? Or???

txid: dbac7ada9882c677760e27c548e761441d489c92e59cdaf4b640fa083e0fcb6e

I saw similar questions while searching, but they all either invovled no fees, or else the client itself and the tx had actually confirmed. This one, it's sitting there, pending, apparently without end.

EDIT: As soon as I posted this, it confirmed. Apparently I just needed to ask.
dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 05:40:29 AM

Hello, I have a perplexing problem.

I sent a transaction, which has shown as pending since around 10AM this morning. It shows as unconfirmed in the block explorer. It has fees, and shows as high priority. I can see no reason why it's not confirming. I tried restarting electrum, this had no effect.

Is there any way to either stop the transaction or push it somehow? Or???

txid: dbac7ada9882c677760e27c548e761441d489c92e59cdaf4b640fa083e0fcb6e

I saw similar questions while searching, but they all either invovled no fees, or else the client itself and the tx had actually confirmed. This one, it's sitting there, pending, apparently without end.

EDIT: As soon as I posted this, it confirmed. Apparently I just needed to ask.

Could be related to this:

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2015/06/30/bitbeat-coinwallet-runs-another-stress-test/?mod=WSJBlog

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
Biomech (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 02:17:58 PM

Off topic, but isn't time to move towards Litecoin, which offers 4X more transactions per hours....  Not a long term solution, but it will help while a permanent solution is implemented on Bitcoin.  

Litecoin network could be used for those "colored coins" and OP_RETURN applications, and Bitcoin for currency/value transactions.  Just a thought!

PS: I doubt that the OP Tx was high priority, as it included only 0.00006 BTC as fees.  A normal transaction has to have a minimum of 0.00010 BTC to have a chance to make it into the next block.  The "Hero member" must have  manually lowered the default Electrum fee schedule to get a 618 bytes Tx go out with only 0.00006 BTC in fee.

Well, Hero member is not exactly truthful is it? I've been here quite a while, but I'm much more familiar with the QT clients. I like electrum, but I don't understand it's mechanics all that well. And no, I did not lower the fee manually. That was what it calculated, apparently. In the past, I had never had this problem with electrum, and the "high priority" was simply what the block explorer reported. I would have actually thought it medium priority. At any rate, it fixed itself. With a fee included, I never had that long a wait before, and maybe it was the stress testing. Then again, yesterday was one of those days where if it could go wrong, it did, and if it couldn't, it still did, so maybe that was the cause Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: