Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:48:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL SC / Jally first picture?  (Read 26165 times)
ice_chill

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 08:11:39 PM

I.D.I.O.T.S.   I.N.   T.H.I.S.    T.H.R.E.A.D.

Sorry but no other way to describe it Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 08:14:11 PM

The Bitcoin community has made BFL rich on nothing but words.  It is irrelevant whether or not they develop an ASIC .  BFL has won.  There are even people sucking BFLs balls in their signatures praising them for a product which doesn't even exist yet.

Yeah, this has really been surprising me. Crazyates, are you getting some kick backs for the ad in your sig? Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm just curious.

Also, psy is another one. Any incentive for you?

There's a thread where Josh is soliciting user sig space for ads.

Edit:  Found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105853

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 08:47:11 PM

Yeah, looks to be an ad campaign.  Is BFL not selling as many pre-orders as they hoped?  Wink

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
CJGoodings

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 08:56:31 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 12:03:20 AM by CJGoodings

Finally, good to see theres others on this forum with their eyes open. The long con, raise your reputation with one wave, then when wave #2 comes around; time to break out with all the btc & fgpa trade-ins leaving the customers with dick. The people that are backing BFL are acting exactly the same way people would act when somebody would call pirate out for the douchebag scammer he is before things went south, the channel itself was a total homofest filled with ball guzzling to the max. The only reason somebody would act like this is due to either a payoff, or that they've invested way to much to believe in anything that may differ from what they were told by <insert douche here>.

Before you start complaining about the company being to big, or having to much rep, need i remind you about pirate? Up to 5 million usd stolen, and perfect rep before the payouts died ....
ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 09:12:22 PM

Yeah, looks to be an ad campaign.  Is BFL not selling as many pre-orders as they hoped?  Wink

Where on their website did you see a link to this ad ? or was it a BFL representative that posted it in the forum ?
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 09:12:25 PM

The Bitcoin community has made BFL rich on nothing but words.  It is irrelevant whether or not they develop an ASIC .  BFL has won.  There are even people sucking BFLs balls in their signatures praising them for a product which doesn't even exist yet.
Yeah, this has really been surprising me. Crazyates, are you getting some kick backs for the ad in your sig? Not that there's anything wrong with that, I'm just curious.

Yes, BFL_Josh is buying sig space.

Listen, I have no personal love for BFL. I get why people want to hate them, down with the man and all that. They come into the BTC world, dominate the FPGA market, and now the ASIC market, with the best MHs/$ products. People think they're stifling competition. I understand why people don't want a monopoly, but in a free market, where anything can go, they can sell whatever they want, for whatever price they want. You as a customer can buy, or not buy.

People are boycotting BFL to put their money into someone else's (not BFL's) product, thinking they're encouraging competition. I say that discourages market growth. If BFL offers the best product at the best price, then they get my money. I have ordered from them in the past, have orders with them now, and will order from them again in the future (most likely). If someone else can come along and offer a better product at a better price, then you can bet your ass I'll buy from them. Free market.

I don't know his opinion on BFL, but I also think Graet has a pretty good idea of what BTC needs to better become widely adopted: more businesses accepting Bitcoin. Bit-pay has done leaps and bounds to bridge that gap and start making that possible. I don't want to go through a stock exchange to purchase a pre-order. I want to go to a company's website, make a purchase, and when it comes time to pay for my product, I buy with Bitcoins. BFL does this. Bitcoinasic.com does this. Any other company that offers this in a streamlined fashion will also get more of my business. Can you imagine of Newegg accepted BTC? FrozenCPU? Paypal? Amazon?

In the public's eye, Bitcoin can't be made famous for scandals, cons, and small time forum trades (as much as I love the Marketplace subforum). If every single major bitcoin company turns into a scam/con, what does that say for the average bitcoin user? What does that say to a potential adopter? Pirate's already done enough to the market, both past, present, and future (note: I never got into that pirate business. Always seemed fishy to me).

K I'm done with my little mental vomit. Take care.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
fizzisist

Activity: 720
Merit: 525

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 11:18:30 PM

There's a thread where Josh is soliciting user sig space for ads.

Edit:  Found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=105853

Ah, thank you for this. Felt a little like some political ad where it doesn't have a "paid for by" disclaimer. Smiley

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 12:24:25 AM

Listen, I have no personal love for BFL. I get why people want to hate them, down with the man and all that. They come into the BTC world...

They sell products that do not exist while pretending that they do.
They promise 1000 MH/s @ 20 W and deliver 832 MHs @ 80 W.
They promise 4-6 weeks and can't deliver a single item within that timeframe in 6+ months.

You see, it has nothing to do with "the man", etc. It has everything to do with their shady business practices.

People are boycotting BFL to put their money into someone else's (not BFL's) product, thinking they're encouraging competition. I say that discourages market growth.

I say it encourages better business practices.

Buy & Hold
psilan (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 12:51:40 AM

What addresses do the payments come from?  Cheesy

dip
eldentyrell
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

felonious vagrancy, personified

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 04:17:43 AM

That's just a single.

Look, I am not exactly a BFL cheerleader, but if the SC is an Altera HardCopy then the PCBs will be the same.  Well, technically BFL will have no reason to change the PCB design -- I guess they could change it for fun if they wanted to.

However, the heat pipe doesn't make sense.  They shouldn't need anything remotely close to that if they deliver on the power claims they've made.

The printing press heralded the end of the Dark Ages and made the Enlightenment possible, but it took another three centuries before any country managed to put freedom of the press beyond the reach of legislators.  So it may take a while before cryptocurrencies are free of the AML-NSA-KYC surveillance plague.
davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:20:04 AM

So all those shipped FPGA parts are nothing but words?  I mean, there are certainly questions about BFL's progress with ASIC, but they are a real company that has real products and has been shipping them to consumers.

I agree. Some folks seem to be "hoping" that BFL does not deliver (perhaps it is fear of obsolescence of their FPGA and GPU investments). I think BFL will deliver (perhaps late, perhaps on time). I see no reason to think otherwise.

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:21:43 AM

anyone know why I can order a single with DWOLLA but can't make a pre-order with DWOLLA?

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 08:17:37 AM

Finally, good to see theres others on this forum with their eyes open. The long con, raise your reputation with one wave, then when wave #2 comes around; time to break out with all the btc & fgpa trade-ins leaving the customers with dick. The people that are backing BFL are acting exactly the same way people would act when somebody would call pirate out for the douchebag scammer he is before things went south, the channel itself was a total homofest filled with ball guzzling to the max. The only reason somebody would act like this is due to either a payoff, or that they've invested way to much to believe in anything that may differ from what they were told by <insert douche here>.

Before you start complaining about the company being to big, or having to much rep, need i remind you about pirate? Up to 5 million usd stolen, and perfect rep before the payouts died ....

I think you should bet against that guy who put 50 BTC up for believing in BFL's ability to deliver:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109357.0
http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=665
If you are right that BFL is a scam, you will make money Smiley

New landing page: http://www.butterflylabs.com/landing/

alt="Butterflylabs Great Shot" hah.

Not sure if supposed to be public? :>

Looks like a single?

deceptive marketing

Why is it deceptive? You too take pre-orders for a product of roughly similar performance at a similar price... ?
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 01:57:41 PM

That's just a single.

Look, I am not exactly a BFL cheerleader, but if the SC is an Altera HardCopy then the PCBs will be the same.  Well, technically BFL will have no reason to change the PCB design -- I guess they could change it for fun if they wanted to.

However, the heat pipe doesn't make sense.  They shouldn't need anything remotely close to that if they deliver on the power claims they've made.

If it's a HardCopy it really won't be a SC Single, since the performance won't even be in the same league as the 40GH/s they're advertising. Getting 3.5GH/s out of a bus powered coffee warmer would be a pipe dream.

I think you should bet against that guy who put 50 BTC up for believing in BFL's ability to deliver:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109357.0
http://betsofbitco.in/item?id=665
If you are right that BFL is a scam, you will make money Smiley

BFL has claimed the SC products will use the same or less power than the current equivalent FPGA product. If memory serve the power draw of the MR is under 1200W, so 1TH/s@1200W would be 833MH/J.  I'd hardly consider a bet claiming BFL will reach at least 42% of the power efficiency they promised in the first products some time between now and July 2013 to be BFL delivering. It's actually worse than that since the bet states they'll use the DC power input, not the power at the wall. The Minirig SC could draw 3kW at the wall and still satisfy that bet.
CJGoodings

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 03:54:07 PM

So all those shipped FPGA parts are nothing but words?  I mean, there are certainly questions about BFL's progress with ASIC, but they are a real company that has real products and has been shipping them to consumers.

I agree. Some folks seem to be "hoping" that BFL does not deliver (perhaps it is fear of obsolescence of their FPGA and GPU investments). I think BFL will deliver (perhaps late, perhaps on time). I see no reason to think otherwise.

Not even, i sold all my hardware months ago. I just don't want to see another big dollar hit like pirates $5m  fiasco, btc's future wont be able to take it.
davidspitzer

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 04:14:27 PM

So all those shipped FPGA parts are nothing but words?  I mean, there are certainly questions about BFL's progress with ASIC, but they are a real company that has real products and has been shipping them to consumers.

Not even, i sold all my hardware months ago. I just don't want to see another big dollar hit like pirates $5m  fiasco, btc's future wont be able to take it.

So it is your assertion (theory) that BFL is actively involved in  fraudulent scheme where they produced a working product only to dupe people into buying a more expensive product on preorder that they will not deliver on?
Cergorach

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 05:24:54 PM

If you want insurance against a BFL SC 'scam', buy with Paypal and use a properly insured credit card with that account.
davidspitzer

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 05:38:25 PM

If you want insurance against a BFL SC 'scam', buy with Paypal and use a properly insured credit card with that account.

Just to clarify, I do not believe that BFL is promoting a scam. There does not seem to be any logic in destroying their company in order to make some short term profits. They may be late, but I have no doubt that they will deliver a product that substantially conforms to the one they promised. I am trying to understand the premise for the assertions that that it is a scam. I would like to understand the reasoning behind it and the evidentiary support for the line of reasoning. A "bad feeling", "it is obviously a scam" or the performance seems "to good to be true" seems to lack the substantive weight to support the nay-sayers.

I am trying to understand, in the absence of any evidence, what is fueling the accusations of fraud. Is it fear, is it worry of obsolescence of existing gear or some other type of resentment towards BFL (perhaps competition desire or negative campaigning by competitors)
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:43:47 PM

Considering the new player and their claims of 60GH/s ASIC offering, then perhaps BFL's claims are not that far off?

Just saying Cheesy

"Avalon" ASIC mining machine, announcement & pre-order start.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110090.0;all
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:48:52 PM

Considering the new player and their claims of 60GH/s ASIC offering, then perhaps BFL's claims are not that far off?

Just saying Cheesy

"Avalon" ASIC mining machine, announcement & pre-order start.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=110090.0;all

It was originally quoted (and subsequently removed) that the Avalon would mine at 60GH/s @ 600W. Who knows what the final power draw will be, but it's a far cry from BFL's 40GH/s @ 80W.

Either way, I don't care. GHs/$ is all I care about, and someone finally gave BFL a run for their money!

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: