Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:26:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL SC / Jally first picture?  (Read 26165 times)
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 02:26:13 AM

*crickets*
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 03:30:56 AM

Sonny Vleisides is associated with BFL and it's the same Sonny listed in the case documents.  He was involved in off shore gaming in the capacity of selling and providing software engineering to companies that did the actual offshore gaming (there is even a US patent application for the process). The industry came under attack (as we all remember) around that time, and Mr. Vleisides was caught up in the process as well as a good portion of the industry based in Costa Rica.

Although this may be cause for concern to some, the fact is that we're a robust company with 22 employees.  One of them has a colorful background in offshore libertarianism.  If I thought there was even the possibility of something unsavory going on within BFL, you can rest assured I would a) not be part of it and b) would let everyone know it.

The reality is, we are legitimate, we have released revolutionary products and we are going to release more revolutionary products.  I was made aware of this back story prior to my employment and I evaluated it and concluded that it was immaterial to the business at hand and thus joined BFL.  There was nothing hidden from me and Sonny has always answered questions and been completely open about his past, but I think we can all agree that it's not something you just announce to the world.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
psilan (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:34:11 AM

Eek, no wonder this was a big secret.

dip
Zara

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:36:20 AM

Ok. Now it's out. Does this mean my Jalapeno won't do 3.5 gh/s?
psilan (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:37:43 AM

Ok. Now it's out. Does this mean my Jalapeno won't do 3.5 gh/s?

Well he did get 14 months in prison for mail fraud. Yours is in the mail Wink.

dip

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:58:34 AM

Now i want a BFL product

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 03:59:28 AM

Now i want some hash

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 03:59:59 AM

I want your sig to be shorter

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 04:02:49 AM

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:12:33 AM

Sonny Vleisides is associated with BFL and it's the same Sonny listed in the case documents.  He was involved in off shore gaming in the capacity of selling and providing software engineering to companies that did the actual offshore gaming (there is even a US patent application for the process). The industry came under attack (as we all remember) around that time, and Mr. Vleisides was caught up in the process as well as a good portion of the industry based in Costa Rica.

Although this may be cause for concern to some, the fact is that we're a robust company with 22 employees.  One of them has a colorful background in offshore libertarianism.  If I thought there was even the possibility of something unsavory going on within BFL, you can rest assured I would a) not be part of it and b) would let everyone know it.

The reality is, we are legitimate, we have released revolutionary products and we are going to release more revolutionary products.  I was made aware of this back story prior to my employment and I evaluated it and concluded that it was immaterial to the business at hand and thus joined BFL.  There was nothing hidden from me and Sonny has always answered questions and been completely open about his past, but I think we can all agree that it's not something you just announce to the world.
Thanks for replying. You've been around for quite a while and from what I've seen you post, I'd feel much more confident investing in BFL hardware now than if you hadn't started working there. I hope you'll continue to post updates, however trivial they might seem.
psilan (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:16:58 AM

Would the business really have suffered if this wasn't kept a secret from the beginning? I guess this is the reason for all the names being secrets across the company?

If you deliver products, like you have, I see no reason to not buy your gear!
Everyone has done something bad in their lives. Maybe not prison worthy, but it's not the end of the world.

dip
freeAgent

Activity: 240

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:18:09 AM

I guess that's good to know.  It would have been better if Sonny was upfront about his history in the first place, but I can understand that's not something anyone would be proud to be associated with.  Since you are vouching for him, I won't be trying to cancel my preorder.  Sonny would have to be incredibly stupid to try and pull a scam while on probation or whatever status he has right now anyway.  The details of his involvement aren't entirely clear from what I found, but it doesn't look like he was the main guy behind the scam.  It still makes me nervous, but at least we know exactly who we're dealing with.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:22:14 AM

Although this may be cause for concern to some, the fact is that we're a robust company with 22 employees.  One of them has a colorful background in offshore libertarianism.

Offshore gaming and libertarianism? I would love to hear more about this, since the news report from the US Postal Inspector sounds a little more like a Ponzi than Sonny and his group providing access to foreign lotteries or running a poker room.

According to the indictment the victims were purchasing “positions” in tickets for lotteries that would be grouped together or “pooled” to buy larger blocks of tickets thereby increasing their chances of winning. Funds received from victims were not used to purchase tickets, but to pay “winnings” to other victims, to fund the scheme and to benefit the defendants. Victims were sent checks falsely represented as lottery “winnings,” however the amount of the alleged “winnings” was far less than the amount the victim had sent in.

The indictment alleges that over one million solicitations were sent throughout the United States, offering chances of winning foreign and domestic lotteries such as “The Australian Lottery,” “The International Irish Sweepstakes,” “The El Gordo,” and others. The solicitation packet contained envelopes preaddressed to mail drops in the Netherlands, Ireland and other international locations under the control of the defendants. The defendants established numerous bank accounts in names which sounded similar to official lotteries like Shamrock Agency, World Expert, Old Amsterdam, and German Swiss.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 04:26:55 AM

Also, could BFL comment on the following condition of Sonny's probation?
3. The defendant shall not engage, as whole or partial owner, employee or otherwise, in any business involving loan programs, gambling or gaming activities, telemarketing activities, investment programs or any other business involving the solicitation of funds or cold-calls to customers without the express approval of the Probation Officer prior to engagement in such employment. Further, the defendant shall provide the Probation Officer with access to any and all business records, client lists and other records pertaining to the operation of any business owned, in whole or in part, by the defendant, as directed by the Probation Officer

Has Sonny turned over any client lists or business records pertaining to BFL to his probation officer?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 05:00:20 AM

Also, could BFL comment on the following condition of Sonny's probation?
3. The defendant shall not engage, as whole or partial owner, employee or otherwise, in any business involving loan programs, gambling or gaming activities, telemarketing activities, investment programs or any other business involving the solicitation of funds or cold-calls to customers without the express approval of the Probation Officer prior to engagement in such employment. Further, the defendant shall provide the Probation Officer with access to any and all business records, client lists and other records pertaining to the operation of any business owned, in whole or in part, by the defendant, as directed by the Probation Officer

Has Sonny turned over any client lists or business records pertaining to BFL to his probation officer?

+1

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
psilan (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 05:16:28 AM

Gets worse...This really sucks...

I hope there is a way for BFL to continue as per normal.
You need to address this quickly I think.

The defendant shall not transfer, sell, give away, or otherwise convey any asset with a fair market value in excess of $500 without approval of the Probation Officer until all financial obligations imposed by the Court have been satisfied in full.

dip

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 06:19:13 AM

Would the business really have suffered if this wasn't kept a secret from the beginning? I guess this is the reason for all the names being secrets across the company?

If you deliver products, like you have, I see no reason to not buy your gear!
Everyone has done something bad in their lives. Maybe not prison worthy, but it's not the end of the world.

I'm a bad, bad boy

dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 09:57:51 AM

Gets worse...This really sucks...

I hope there is a way for BFL to continue as per normal.
You need to address this quickly I think.

The defendant shall not transfer, sell, give away, or otherwise convey any asset with a fair market value in excess of $500 without approval of the Probation Officer until all financial obligations imposed by the Court have been satisfied in full.
I think the key here is "until all financial obligations imposed by the Court have been satisfied in full".  If he paid all of the fines owed, this restriction would be lifted.

Inaba, thanks for the explanation. My research has pointed more to involvement with a ponzi than online gambling software, which is concerning to me.  Can you provide any public sources to support your statement?

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 10:42:28 AM

Wow.. I think that is the first real answer BFL has given the masses ... Smiley

I would like some hash too

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
TheSeven

Activity: 504

FPGA Mining LLC

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2012, 10:55:04 AM

The reality is, we are legitimate, we have released revolutionary products and we are going to release more revolutionary products.

Is it just me, or could that have been said by an apple employee? Grin

My tip jar: 13kwqR7B4WcSAJCYJH1eXQcxG5vVUwKAqY
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: