Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:55:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Blockchain.Info wallet for IOS 6 or Kindle Fire  (Read 1787 times)
d4n13 (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 05:05:50 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2015, 09:47:32 PM by d4n13

I have an IOS 6 devices, a Kindle Fire and a chromebook.

Only place I can get blockchain.info wallet to load is chromebook.

Any hopes of getting the Blockchain.info wallet app running on IOS 6 or Kindle Fire.

I did see a Jailbreak Howto for hacking the meta-info file in an IOS app archive, but seems like the dev's could just publish support for IOS 6.  Is Apple forcing all apps to IOS 7 and freezing updates to older devices (#bigbrother).

Thx.
Transaction Rescue Bounty Campaign, ... Charitable Transaction Rescue Service

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 11:08:57 AM

Even though recent bug* was related to Android, Blockchain.info developers did a stupid thing. I suggest you to use wallets such as Bither, GreenAddress and Mycelium.

* https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1085983.0

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 05:42:16 PM

Apple is discouraging updates for iOS 6 apps and is enforcing iOS 7 minimum on all apps. And I wouldn't be surprised if they enforced iOS 8 minimum by then end of the year...

Can't blockchain load through Safari? I don't think there are iOS 6 wallets... Unfortunately you'll have to upgrade your device to have apps.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 06:09:23 PM

-snip-
Can't blockchain load through Safari?
 -snip-

Yes.

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:00:19 PM

-snip-
Can't blockchain load through Safari?
 -snip-

Yes.

Well, then there's this solution, blockchain via web interface on iOS 6's Safari...

Apple is discouraging updates for iOS 6 apps and is enforcing iOS 7 minimum on all apps. And I wouldn't be surprised if they enforced iOS 8 minimum by then end of the year...
Heavy downer.... I got my kids some IPhone 3Ses on sale many many years ago.  Seing grade school kids spending $1000 / yr on cell phone devices, service, and plan upgrades was just too insane (spelled C-O-S-T-L-Y) for me.  Since Apple has effectively made used IPhones worthless, I'll junk them for Android come Christmas

Thx Apple.

PS. I'll try safari, hope it has PW memory.

I don't know for how much you got them, but if you did so a bit after their release, you also spent quite a bit of money, as there are no "free lunches" in what concerns Apple devices. Apple enforces updates because they want all their users to be secure. If that's the best policy or not... I'm not sure Smiley But it works for them (they're not winning any money if you keep their old devices, so might as well make you buy a newer one or switch). As for kids with expensive devices, I also don't think it makes much sense, but whatever...

If you're looking for devices with long term support from their maker, switching to Android will make everything worse for you Wink If you value and don't mind using community updates, then awesome choice.

Anyways, back on topic Cheesy I don't think Safari on iOS 6 had PW memory.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: