Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:09:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450409 times)
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 01:35:20 PM

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.

well thats truth, but what about to use it only like a hobby? thats whould be good.

I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.

agree is like drugs and most of the things in this life.

Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.

and thats the main problem, maybe education is a nice way to show ppl that violent is not always needed...

What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

stop selling guns, thats would be perfect and just use it like a hobby.

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 01:54:14 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 04:59:35 PM by Beliathon

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.

well thats truth, but what about to use it only like a hobby? thats whould be good.
Guns were a suitable hobby two hundred years ago, when most of the human population was widely spread across many acres of rural farmland, and many dangerous wild animals were still around.
Guns are not such a good hobby now that the majority of the human population has been concentrated in major cities, and most of the dangerous wild animals have been culled or made extinct.

If you live on a farm with few or no nearby neighbors, sure.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 01:59:04 PM

I think in today's world guns are necessary, there are evil people everywhere who don't mind coming to your home to loot, kill, rape, hurt your loved ones, who are you gonna rely on? the Police? Pff

Yeah, maybe for some areas or some country that not safe to our family, but with some regulations surely. But not for all people, because we don't need it in peaceful area right?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Jason

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:06:03 PM

The only kind of weapon I can see reason for to have..
Is a 9mm pistol in the nightstand next to your bed for safety if something should happen at home. (Home invasion or something alike)
Nope, there's no good reason for that either. The data shows that's much more dangerous for you and your family than NOT having that same handgun on the nightstand.

You keep posting this gun control propaganda image over and over again (presumably hoping that if you repeat it enough times, people will somehow overlook the fact that while it claims statistics in support of your beliefs, it does not cite the source(s) for them).

Let me instead cite another source which tells a different message:  https://archive.org/details/MoreGunsLessCrime

In his book, "More Guns, Less Crime," John R. Lott (a former professor of law and economics who has held positions at a number of distinguished universities in the US including Yale, Stanford, UCLA and Wharton) uses statistics collected by the FBI to show that within the US, the more guns in the hands of the people in any region, the lower the crime rate.  Interestingly, the book was originally commissioned by a gun control group (Handgun Control) under the assumption that his conclusion would be the opposite of what he in found.

I'm sure most of you who disagree with this message will ignore the book and continue to cling to whatever evidence you can find to support your own emotionally derived beliefs.  For those of you who are American, crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you.  May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

BM-2D7sazxZugpTgqm3M2MCi5C1t8Du8BN11f
popcorn1
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1027

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:54:04 PM

Let's be honest, some people shouldn't have the right to own a gun.
For example, If you're a violent criminal, you shouldn't have a gun, mentally unstable or deranged, no guns.
2 amendment is a right, however with rights come responsibilities.
so you do agree people should have no guns Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy you have slipped up my friend

MENTALLY UNSTABLE OR DERANGED you say Wink your words not mine Grin

point 1 any human at any stage in his or her life can become mentally unstable or deranged
for loads of reasons
 getting bullied
 loosing a loved 1
getting jilted at the alter
taking drugs
loosing a job
I could go on for ever many many reasons a human can become mentally ill or deranged
 not all are born mentally ill
 life can trigger mental illness and make you become deranged
and it can happen to anybody
So then NO human should have a GUN because any person can turn mental  Wink Wink Wink Wink
So now what you got to say YOU ARE STUMPED  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Now you see why guns should be banned
plus how many you so called responsible gun owners have left there gun out and a 3 year old kid as blasted is little sister or brother
some have hid there guns but you know kids they root around the house when parents are not watching
the young child finds his dads gun looks down the barrel and blow there own heads off
and yes its happened  many times
NO GUNS NO ONE GETS SHOT
young kid gets bullied in school goes in dads draw gets his gun walks in school and shoots every 1
NO GUNS NO ONE GETS SHOT
man walks in house goes in the bed room and wife having sex with another man pulls his gun and shoots them both yes its happened many times and this guy might of been told by your wife she was single
NO GUNS NO ONE GETS SHOT
plus higher jail time if caught carrying a gun BAN THEM
I REST MY CASE Wink Wink Wink Wink
av a nice day all

Ruzka

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:12:17 PM

I want a gun to protect myself and my family from any intruder into our home, it hurts the heart when the young are taken away from us because of guns "in the wrong hands" but so does not being able to protect yourself and your family from the deranged who you may wake upto in your home, to add the young would die from the mad people with a knife or a gun it matters not what the tools is.

I think there is plenty of control govt have over us already and the moment we give up our right to protect ourselves, is the moment we have nothing to fight back against the tyranny that will soon follow. Many died to give us the tools to protect our nation from both foreign and domestic threats because they see what the alternitive is.

Many have forgotten this and look for others to protect them which is a very very bad idea.

If we give up our guns what happens next won't be fun..

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:28:50 PM

Let's be honest, some people shouldn't have the right to own a gun.
For example, If you're a violent criminal, you shouldn't have a gun, mentally unstable or deranged, no guns.
2 amendment is a right, however with rights come responsibilities.
so you do agree people should have no guns Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy you have slipped up my friend

MENTALLY UNSTABLE OR DERANGED you say Wink your words not mine Grin

point 1 any human at any stage in his or her life can become mentally unstable or deranged
for loads of reasons
 getting bullied
 loosing a loved 1
getting jilted at the alter
taking drugs
loosing a job
I could go on for ever many many reasons a human can become mentally ill or deranged
 not all are born mentally ill
 life can trigger mental illness and make you become deranged
and it can happen to anybody
So then NO human should have a GUN because any person can turn mental  Wink Wink Wink Wink
So now what you got to say YOU ARE STUMPED  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Now you see why guns should be banned
plus how many you so called responsible gun owners have left there gun out and a 3 year old kid as blasted is little sister or brother
some have hid there guns but you know kids they root around the house when parents are not watching
the young child finds his dads gun looks down the barrel and blow there own heads off
and yes its happened  many times
NO GUNS NO ONE GETS SHOT
young kid gets bullied in school goes in dads draw gets his gun walks in school and shoots every 1
NO GUNS NO ONE GETS SHOT
man walks in house goes in the bed room and wife having sex with another man pulls his gun and shoots them both yes its happened many times and this guy might of been told by your wife she was single
NO GUNS NO ONE GETS SHOT
plus higher jail time if caught carrying a gun BAN THEM
I REST MY CASE Wink Wink Wink Wink
av a nice day all

I'd much rather take my chances with a few gun-toting mentally deranged people than prohibiting my ability to defend myself, or prohibiting the millions of other responsible, sane folk who also want to retain the ability to defend themselves.  There is almost no difference between a police officer -- a person, like any other -- having a gun, and the average Joe having a gun.  Cops keep crime rates down because they have the means of deterring criminals.  Similarly, crime rates are deterred when higher numbers of civilians have guns.  This is backed statistically when controlling for other variables.

By the way, you really should learn how to write properly.  I can't take you or your views seriously, and that's because I'm assuming your chaotic, unstructured post is a reflection of a chaotic, unstructured mind.
Fuck NWO

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:30:59 PM

They want to steal the guns from US citizens to establish a martial law in US. This is the plan of NWO.
catch.me.if.you.can

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:34:43 PM

I want a bazooka!
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 05:05:34 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2015, 02:52:42 PM by Beliathon

You keep posting this gun control propaganda image over and over again (presumably hoping that if you repeat it enough times, people will somehow overlook the fact that while it claims statistics in support of your beliefs, it does not cite the source(s) for them).
I believe I can address your concern about facts and sources.

The Brady Campaign site about gun violence, a top search result, is fully sourced.

One in three people in the U.S. know someone who has been shot.
On average, 31 Americans are murdered with guns every day and 151 are treated for a gun assault in an emergency room.
Every day on average, 55 people kill themselves with a firearm, and 46 people are shot or killed in an accident with a gun.
The U.S. firearm homicide rate is 20 times higher than the combined rates of 22 countries that are our peers in wealth and population.
A gun in the home is 22 times more likely to be used to kill or injure in a domestic homicide, suicide, or unintentional shooting than to be used in self-defense.

More than one in five U.S. teenagers (ages 14 to 17) report having witnessed a shooting.
An average of seven children and teens under the age of 20 are killed by guns every day.
American children die by guns 11 times as often as children in other high-income countries.
Youth (ages 0 to 19) in the most rural U.S. counties are as likely to die from a gunshot as those living in the most urban counties. Rural children die of more gun suicides and unintentional shooting deaths. Urban children die more often of gun homicides.
Firearm homicide is the second-leading cause of death (after motor vehicle crashes) for young people ages 1-19 in the U.S.
In 2007, more pre-school-aged children (85) were killed by guns than police officers were killed in the line of duty.
Gun Violence is a Drain on U.S. Taxpayers

Medical treatment, criminal justice proceedings, new security precautions, and reductions in quality of life are estimated to cost U.S. citizens $100 billion annually.
The lifetime medical cost for all gun violence victims in the United States is estimated at $2.3 billion, with almost half the costs borne by taxpayers.
Americans Support Universal Background Checks

Nine out of 10 Americans agree that we should have universal background checks, including three out of four NRA members.
Since the Brady Law was initially passed, about 2 million attempts to purchase firearms have been blocked due to a background check. About half of these blocked attempts were by felons.
Unfortunately, our current background check system only applies to about 60% of gun sales, leaving 40% (online sales, purchases at gun shows, etc.) without a background check.

I want a bazooka!
If I can't have my own private arsenal of nukes all this fuss about "rights" is just misguided moralizing bullshit about where everyone draws the line on personal firepower.

We have no rights, only privileges. When push comes to shove rights on a piece of paper don't matter anymore, the only thing that matters is that the government has tanks, Apache helicopters, F16s, and battleships. And you have your shotgun. It's beyond moronic.

If big gubmint really wanted to do you harm, it could. If they really wanted to take your guns, they could already do that right now.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 05:40:51 PM

I'am personally against owning a gun  but with too .
I like it how my country do it basically , please don't take this the wrong way I don't mean that normal citizens with average income have a cheap life .
Well basically here to own a gun you simply to be a Business man or something important on the society , that's all . and to be honest it's better that way
, and killing here is a lot less then countries that allows owning guns .

... But... This is exactly what you are saying. I am not taking it the wrong either. Basically if you have more than an average income you have the right to self defense.

"... Or something important." I guess tough luck for the janitor or the pizza delivery dude or dudess...

Beliathon

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 05:44:15 PM

I'am personally against owning a gun  but with too .
I like it how my country do it basically , please don't take this the wrong way I don't mean that normal citizens with average income have a cheap life .
Well basically here to own a gun you simply to be a Business man or something important on the society , that's all . and to be honest it's better that way
, and killing here is a lot less then countries that allows owning guns .

... But... This is exactly what you are saying. I am not taking it the wrong either. Basically if you have more than an average income you have the right to self defense.

"... Or something important." I guess tough luck for the janitor or the pizza delivery dude or dudess...
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/immigrant-pizza-delivery-man-murdered-boy-20-cops-article-1.2062896

This kind of shit happens all the time, nobody cares, poors are expendable and always have been. It's the default logic of our hierarchal civilization.

Premise Four: Civilization is based on a clearly defined and widely accepted yet often unarticulated hierarchy. Violence done by those higher on the hierarchy to those lower is nearly always invisible, that is, unnoticed. When it is noticed, it is fully rationalized. Violence done by those lower on the hierarchy to those higher is unthinkable, and when it does occur is regarded with shock, horror, and the fetishization of the victims.

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 05:59:28 PM

I want a gun to protect myself and my family from any intruder into our home, it hurts the heart when the young are taken away from us because of guns "in the wrong hands" but so does not being able to protect yourself and your family from the deranged who you may wake upto in your home, to add the young would die from the mad people with a knife or a gun it matters not what the tools is.

I think there is plenty of control govt have over us already and the moment we give up our right to protect ourselves, is the moment we have nothing to fight back against the tyranny that will soon follow. Many died to give us the tools to protect our nation from both foreign and domestic threats because they see what the alternitive is.

Many have forgotten this and look for others to protect them which is a very very bad idea.

If we give up our guns what happens next won't be fun..

i would love a gun to protect my family
 because if anyone tried to rob me or hurt me or my family i could shoot them Undecided Undecided
get a dog and keep a bat besides your bed
if the law in the uk changed and said we can now own guns to protect your self i would buy 1 in a flash
because now no 1 will mess with me
i would never hurt anybody but if you hurt me or my family i would shoot you for sure
if i lived in the USA i would want to own a gun to protect myself too
 because you need 1 in your country because if every 1 else has a gun you need to have 1
take them guns away and you wont need 1 then Wink Wink
I BET ANY MONEY U WANT take the guns away and ban them and USA murder rate will drop
plus how many police  men get trigger happy ban guns then police don,t need them
only special squads should have guns not your every day officer
i do see why you want to own a gun because you know your own country is crazy and that is because of guns and drugs end of
creating a society were people just want to get rich and not worry about the poor is bad
 more richer people become the less money to go around for every body
plus people will loose more and more jobs as time goes on 3 d printers robots no need for human hands so companies make more people jobless and add to the fact the population is growing
its going to get more crazy as time goes on meaning more gun deaths for sure
people get brave with a gun if they never had a gun then most crimes they commit will never happen

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:16:12 PM

I believe I can address your concern about facts and sources.

The Brady Campaign site about gun violence, a top search result, is fully sourced.

One in three people in the U.S. know someone who has been shot.
On average, 31 Americans are murdered with guns every day and 151 are treated for a gun assault in an emergency room.
Every day on average, 55 people kill themselves with a firearm, and 46 people are shot or killed in an accident with a gun.
The U.S. firearm homicide rate is 20 times higher than the combined rates of 22 countries that are our peers in wealth and population.
A gun in the home is 22 times more likely to be used to kill or injure in a domestic homicide, suicide, or unintentional shooting than to be used in self-defense.
Gun Violence Takes a Massive Toll on American Children

More than one in five U.S. teenagers (ages 14 to 17) report having witnessed a shooting.
An average of seven children and teens under the age of 20 are killed by guns every day.
American children die by guns 11 times as often as children in other high-income countries.
Youth (ages 0 to 19) in the most rural U.S. counties are as likely to die from a gunshot as those living in the most urban counties. Rural children die of more gun suicides and unintentional shooting deaths. Urban children die more often of gun homicides.
Firearm homicide is the second-leading cause of death (after motor vehicle crashes) for young people ages 1-19 in the U.S.
In 2007, more pre-school-aged children (85) were killed by guns than police officers were killed in the line of duty.
Gun Violence is a Drain on U.S. Taxpayers

Medical treatment, criminal justice proceedings, new security precautions, and reductions in quality of life are estimated to cost U.S. citizens $100 billion annually.
The lifetime medical cost for all gun violence victims in the United States is estimated at $2.3 billion, with almost half the costs borne by taxpayers.
Americans Support Universal Background Checks

Nine out of 10 Americans agree that we should have universal background checks, including three out of four NRA members.
Since the Brady Law was initially passed, about 2 million attempts to purchase firearms have been blocked due to a background check. About half of these blocked attempts were by felons.
Unfortunately, our current background check system only applies to about 60% of gun sales, leaving 40% (online sales, purchases at gun shows, etc.) without a background check.

I want a bazooka!
If I can't have my own private arsenal of nukes all this fuss about "rights" is just misguided moralizing bullshit about where everyone draws the line on personal firepower.

We have no rights, only privileges. When push comes to shove rights on a piece of paper don't matter anymore, the only thing that matters is that the government has tanks, Apache helicopters, F16s, and battleships. And you have your shotgun. It's beyond moronic.

If big gubmint really wanted to do you harm, it could. If they really wanted to take your guns, they could already do that right now.

HOLY SHIT  never thought it was that bad  I REST MY CASE BAN GUNS wow wow wow
BEST POST EVER FACT NOT FICTION
thanks for the read wow
BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN
so easy to pull the trigger
popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:49:45 PM
Last edit: June 21, 2015, 08:07:22 PM by popcorn1

the joint
Legendary
you own a gun you must do  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
I think the only way your going to learn is when someone shoots you your family or friend
so be careful trigger happy DICK
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
this is you so you think Wink Wink
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQoxsMTkVt4

man buys his kid a riffle to go hunting kid trips over
 the butt of the riffle hits the floor blows kids head off now that guy now wishes he had never introduced his son to guns
 and he weeps everyday because he misses him so much sad sad
and i bet if his kid was still alive today he be saying keep the gun law don,t ban it
he not saying it now tho he saying ban them  Wink Wink
 ONLY DICK SHITBAGS WANT GUNS
USE YOUR FIST YOU SHITHOUSE
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:53:24 PM

the joint
Legendary
I think the only way your going to learn is when someone shoots you your family or friend

Do you wish arm on someone's family or friend so one can learn a lesson?

tyrexs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:57:06 PM

I think gun control is absolutely necessary. Everybody should practice it and The sooner you learn how to control your muzzle the more your going to hit that target

funtotry

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Ever wanted to run your own casino? PM me for info

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 08:01:14 PM

I think gun control is absolutely necessary. Everybody should practice it and The sooner you learn how to control your muzzle the more your going to hit that target
Haha great comment. People should have mandatory training for gun safety though, it would make everyone a lot safer.

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 08:13:34 PM

popcorn1
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 08:32:25 PM

the joint
Legendary

Do you wish arm on someone's family or friend so one can learn a lesson?

No no way i wish you a good life and may you live long and prosper
 but what will it take for you to learn no guns means less death
and why now is the USA starting to ask for gun laws
 so its took someone to shoot a family member before he or she wanted guns banned SO BAN THEM BEFORE IT HAPPENS TO YOU
might never happen but with more poverty brings more crime and people will do mad things to get money Wink

I think ban all guns and you get 25 years for carrying a gun
not saying you cannot have a gun club and shoot at targets just leave your gun in the gun club
you should not be aloud to take it home
plus why not change the gun to a stun gun and you can only keep it in house shock the robber

last post here
if you think guns should be legal you are a sick human
and watch you don,t blow your own toes off i seen you dick yanks do that loads of times on you tube  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: