Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:25:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450409 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 03:29:45 AM

I strongly support those who demand that gun control laws be enacted, look at the number of persons that have been killed by gunshot in recent times in America and even in some other countries in the world. Enough of all these killings.

I demand old-age control. Way more people die of old age than of guns.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:28:12 PM

MSNBC makes their most INSANE claim ever (teachers want to kill!?)

When a crazed student goes on a shooting rampage inside a school, President Donald Trump wants the teachers to be able to shoot back. But MSNBC believes they, and the children in their classrooms, should be sitting ducks – because armed Republican teachers would use it as an excuse to murder children of color.

Trump's secretary of education, Betsy DeVos, is considering giving federal grants to states so they can buy guns – and give teachers firearms training – to stop school shooters, the New York Times reported this week.

Nine states already gave teachers guns, or have firearms on campus, in case of a tragedy like the back-to-back school slaughters in Parkland, Florida, or Santa Fe, Texas.

A total of 27 kids died between the two – and in Parkland, a deputy stood outside and did nothing as he heard the shotgun blasts echo.

Trump says waiting for the police isn't enough to keep our kids safe and called for arming teachers in the aftermath. But in typical fashion, the suggestion has MSNBC and their Democratic allies freaking out.

Educators asked for that right, as well. The Texas Education Agency "sought clarification" from the Department of Education about whether it could use the grants to fund its "school marshal" program, which arms teachers.

That's good for children. After all, two Democratic presidential administrations found that law-abiding citizens used guns to defend themselves 1,138,534 times over 20 years.

But Congressional Democrats, and their supporters on the loony left, say the biggest danger facing students isn't school gunmen: It's Trump and racist Republicans.

"Let's spike this hare-brained idea before it gets off the ground," said Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

The idea that threatened students won't be hiding under their desks has Democrats shaking in their boots. Not only would this stop their party's insane gun control agenda, but MSNBC worries the guns will somehow be used to further "racism."

Radical left-wing activists are "very worried about the racial impacts this will have, if you start arming teachers," contributor Yamiche Alcindor told an MSNBC panel.

Read more at https://thehornnews.com/msnbc-republican-teachers-kill-children/.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 10:51:33 PM

Antifa Calls For 'Sea Of Armed Masses, Militant Escalation' And 'Revolutionary Violence

By Susan Duclos - All News PipeLine

With the recent arrest of 16 Antifa members in Philadelphia where they showed up to protest a Blue Lives Matter rally, after clashing with police and chanting about killing officers, we note a couple of other disturbing bits of Antifa news that the liberal establishment media seems to determine to either ignore or downplay.

ANTIFA BRUTALLY ATTACKS ONE OF THEIR OWN FOR HOLDING AN AMERICAN FLAG

First let's start with an update to the August 4, 2018 rally and Antifa counter-protest in Portland, Oregon, because this is an example of how Antifa calls themselves "anti-fascists," but uses fascist tactics, even against their own supporters.

In our August 4th updates, via the comment section, we posted a very short clip showing Antifa members trying to take an American flag from a man, with one Antifa thug hitting the man with what appeared to be a club of some sort, then nailing him in the head, which is where that particular video ended.

The video below is a slightly longer clip, showing that the man that got hit in the head ended up falling to the ground, curled up and holding his head.

Portland antifa attack fellow counter-protester carrying American flag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwE620VkaD0

Read more at http://allnewspipeline.com/Antifa_Calls_For_Sea_Of_Armed_Masses_Revolutionary_Violence.php.

Cool

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:05:26 AM

WTF is this?  Some 'Spanish Inquisition' Monty Python sketch where they poke the old lady with a soft pillow?

This shit looks fake as hell to me.  I say there is a very good chance that this whole 'antifa' thing is a stage show.  It is clear that 'they' _want_ to get a big hoo-ha going between different 'factions' for social engineering purposes (e.g., and excuse to further dis-arm 'citizens' and further arm the paramilitaries), and I suspect that all manners of subterfuge would be used to achieve these goals.  Every time I see one of these types of videos the whole ambiance screams 'fake' to me somehow.  Not to say that some of the meth-heads recruited for these things won't do violent things on occasion, but the whole thing seems staged and engineered.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
J-fly

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:56:44 AM

WTF is this?  Some 'Spanish Inquisition' Monty Python sketch where they poke the old lady with a soft pillow?

This shit looks fake as hell to me.  I say there is a very good chance that this whole 'antifa' thing is a stage show.  It is clear that 'they' _want_ to get a big hoo-ha going between different 'factions' for social engineering purposes (e.g., and excuse to further dis-arm 'citizens' and further arm the paramilitaries), and I suspect that all manners of subterfuge would be used to achieve these goals.  Every time I see one of these types of videos the whole ambiance screams 'fake' to me somehow.  Not to say that some of the meth-heads recruited for these things won't do violent things on occasion, but the whole thing seems staged and engineered.

according to me, gun control is like having switch context or situation. formerly, gun control can be useful for everybody, especially he/she who were feeling threatened. but at the present, knowing that many terrorists appear, leading to judgment that government should rearrange the regulation about gun control. moreover, there are many gun control abuses that is worried for many people too.
Douglas_Rhoades

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:42:50 AM

It is really appalling; the popular opinion here. I really can't seem to fathom how many of you are persuaded this way. Guns honestly should have no room in our society. It makes the country look like a war zone. If the sole purpose of a gun is to kill, then I do not consider that it is everyone's right to own one. If you're not in state defense, you really shouldn't own one. The idea of self-defense is just taking laws into your hands. Time has shown us that we can trust people with the capacity to kill their fellow human. In spite of the disaster even in recent times, our politicians are still adamant and upholding a weak stance concerning gun laws. It's really devastating.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:05:48 PM

Guns are the best thing that ever happened to society. Why? Before guns, any 90 pound granny had to fear for her life every time a 250 pound muscleman bully was near her. The bully was king. He could kill or maim at will. But when Granny got a gun, she had a chance.

A 250 pound muscleman bully can easily kill or maim a 90 pound granny. But if Granny has a gun, she has a chance.

When you consider that the bully term might be applied to a bunch of people in government, the safety of all people is to have guns in the hands of all people, so that all people can protect themselves from bully government.

Cool

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:09:39 PM

Cody Wilson on Liberty, the State, and Open Source Gun Designs

The media went berserk recently over Cody Wilson and his Stoic defense of the publication of open-source gun designs suitable for 3D printing. We go beneath the surface and talk social media deplatforming, free speech, and Cody's ideological influences.

MP3 > https://tomwoods.com/ep-1224-cody-wilson-on-liberty-the-state-and-open-source-gun-designs/

Read more at https://www.lewrockwell.com/2018/08/thomas-woods/cody-wilson-on-liberty-the-state-and-open-source-gun-designs/.

Cool

hotforblockchain

Activity: 266
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 04:04:29 PM

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?
What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

OMG.
YEs, the gun control wont stop people being violent but it WILL STOP THEM KILLING PEOPLE WITH ASSAULT RIFFLES!
There is no place for discussion. The lives of others outweighs your perverse presumption of your gun rights every fuckin day.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:30:59 PM

OMG.
YEs, the gun control wont stop people being violent but it WILL STOP THEM KILLING PEOPLE WITH ASSAULT RIFFLES!
There is no place for discussion. The lives of others outweighs your perverse presumption of your gun rights every fuckin day.

Doubt it.  The 'war on drugs' had pretty much only the effect of making profit margins for drug trafficers very high.  It actually didn't seem to have much impact on the availability of drugs.  I don't see any practical way to keep so-called 'assault rifles' out of the hands of those who want to have them, and especially since the U.S. and others are flooding certain regions with them in order to try to provoke 'regime change.'  There is also a strong push for 'open borders' which cannot help but induce extra channels for illegal goods of all sorts.

I read somewhere (this board?) that more people are killed in the U.S. with hammers than with 'assault rifles'.  I would not doubt it.  Most fatalities are probably accomplished with handguns.  Rifles and shotguns not so much.  So why the big push against 'assault rifles'?  Could it be that the paramilitaries see what is on the horizon and do not wish to be packing the extra body armor?  Are they anticipating a desire to throw a certain class of people in prison (or a 'gulag') and want an excuse to round up this certain class of people?  Basically from the perspective of 'protecting the peeps from harm' there are a lot of much more practical things to do that would save a lot more suffering than trying to confiscate all 'assault rifles'.  Clearly something else is going on.  What exactly it is isn't clear.  Yet.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
hotforblockchain

Activity: 266
Merit: 26

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 08:49:52 PM
Merited by Flying Hellfish (5)

OMG.

Doubt it.  The 'war on drugs' had pretty much only the effect of making profit margins for drug trafficers very high.  It actually didn't seem to have much impact on the availability of drugs.  I don't see any practical way to keep so-called 'assault rifles' out of the hands of those who want to have them, and especially since the U.S. and others are flooding certain regions with them in order to try to provoke 'regime change.'  There is also a strong push for 'open borders' which cannot help but induce extra channels for illegal goods of all sorts.

I read somewhere (this board?) that more people are killed in the U.S. with hammers than with 'assault rifles'.  I would not doubt it.  Most fatalities are probably accomplished with handguns.  Rifles and shotguns not so much.  So why the big push against 'assault rifles'?  Could it be that the paramilitaries see what is on the horizon and do not wish to be packing the extra body armor?  Are they anticipating a desire to throw a certain class of people in prison (or a 'gulag') and want an excuse to round up this certain class of people?  Basically from the perspective of 'protecting the peeps from harm' there are a lot of much more practical things to do that would save a lot more suffering than trying to confiscate all 'assault rifles'.  Clearly something else is going on.  What exactly it is isn't clear.  Yet.

Why are you trying to  compare drugs with guns? This is completely and utterly different. Drug use as craving for intoxication is consequences of human mind, the lack of coping mechanisms  in most people . This is why war on drugs will never work until the war on drugs would mean completely something else not trying to kill the drug traffic and selling.

Guns on the other hand is something completely different. I was using ' assault riffles" as the most extreme example of guns which are ' normally" owned by US citizens. It does not matter which gun, riffle ,small big or shotgun, i dont know how they all are called and I dont care and it does not matter.
US has sick definition of freedom if the freedom involves free market of any kind of guns. And dont give me this shit that  a lot more people die in other type of deaths.

I agree that there would be bigger black market if the guns would be banned in US, but guns are much harder to smuggle than drugs. And the problem is also in the society which thinks that it is normal to have such lethal weapons in their possessions. Why the rest of the civilized world does not have a problem with mass shootings? For example Europe? Because people in Europe does not think that they need fucking gun or 10 guns, if they need to protect themselves they buy tear gas.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:17:51 AM

Why are you trying to  compare drugs with guns? This is completely and utterly different. Drug use as craving for intoxication is consequences of human mind, the lack of coping mechanisms  in most people . This is why war on drugs will never work until the war on drugs would mean completely something else not trying to kill the drug traffic and selling.

Actually guns and drugs have some remarkable psychological similarities.  A lot of people are 'gun nuts' who derive a good deal of pleasure out of owning, collecting, and shooting their guns.  It seems to give them an adrenalin rush.  More power to them as far as I'm concerned.  Almost zero lawful gun owners are a threat to me, and the fact that 75% of the households in my area own firearms for home defense is a giant benefit to me.

Vastly more people feel vulnerable and feel a lot more security knowing that they can defend themselves against the threats that are out there.  Older people and females who are by nature more weak than most of their attackers are especially prone to feel this sense of security, and with good reason.  It takes a special kind of dirtbag to want to deprive a person of this sense of security and leave them to the tender mercy of the local rapists and/or meth-heads.

Guns on the other hand is something completely different. I was using ' assault riffles" as the most extreme example of guns which are ' normally" owned by US citizens. It does not matter which gun, riffle ,small big or shotgun, i dont know how they all are called and I dont care and it does not matter.

So you are saying that 'assault rifles' are simply the first step for the gun-grabbers?  I mean, who knew???

US has sick definition of freedom if the freedom involves free market of any kind of guns. And dont give me this shit that  a lot more people die in other type of deaths.

I feel aligned with the founding fathers and their concepts of 'freedom.'  And they did make it the 2nd amendment after all.  If that makes us 'sick', then so be it.  A lot of people in a lot of countries have derived inspiration from our brand of 'freedom' over the last several centuries...and a lot of political leaderships have worked hard to undo some of 'damage.'

If you _really_ want the low hanging fruit in so far as protecting the kiddies, outlaw bicycles.  They are quite unnecessary and result in vastly more injury and death than do guns.  For an extra kick, throw in snowboards and similar demonstrably dangerous sports.  Maybe you should ask yourself why the gun-grabber propaganda doesn't ever mention this and why nobody has their panties in a bunch about it.  Hint:  it isn't about saftey for the plebs and the kiddies.  It's about something else entirely.

I agree that there would be bigger black market if the guns would be banned in US, but guns are much harder to smuggle than drugs. And the problem is also in the society which thinks that it is normal to have such lethal weapons in their possessions. Why the rest of the civilized world does not have a problem with mass shootings? For example Europe? Because people in Europe does not think that they need fucking gun or 10 guns, if they need to protect themselves they buy tear gas.

A metric ton of contraband is a metric ton of contraband.  One is not much more difficult to smuggle than then next.  People have a simplistic understanding of how 'smuggling' is typically accomplished and who the big players in the industry are.

I've no interest whatsoever in the U.S. becoming anything like Europe in any way.  It is the last 1/4 of a turd disappearing down the toilet as far as I'm concerned.  In engineering a 'backup option' for my own ass, the thought of setting up shop in any part of the EU never even crossed my mind.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:19:13 PM

Well "I'll be dipped in shit and rolled in rock-salt!"  NPR is about the last place I expected to see some of the bullshit that the gun-grabbers are generating be actually called out:

https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018/08/27/640323347/the-school-shootings-that-werent

I wonder how much longer this 'Anya Kamenetz' chick will have her job?

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 01:01:11 AM

Guns were created to protect and not to harm. It's okay to own one but it should be acquired legally and for the right purposes. The government has every right to order gun control since they're the ones who runs and takes care of the society. Right now, there are plenty of reports for smuggled guns and ammunitions being sold in the black market away from the governments radar, and it could possess a grave threat to the society if those persons who owns the said guns will use it to their own evil cause and intentions.

Ummm...given that it is trivial for a law abiding citizen to buy guns and ammo legally, the only people who are doing so on the black market are criminals.  WTF do you think they are going to use the guns for?

It should go without saying that outlawing firearm ownership will drive the black market profits to near infinity in a place where people are as attached to their guns and the idea of self-defence as we are here in the U.S..  Maybe you are a wanna-be black market gun dealer?

Except for crime ridden inner cities the U.S. basically has little real problem with gun crimes, and what we do have has been dropping for several decades as a result of the common-sense policy of 'throwing the book at' people who are caught using firearms in the commission of a crime.

A lot of the problems that people perceive are a result of falsified data used in a massive anti-gun propaganda drive.  As per the link I posted above.

Also, a person should not be licensed to carry a gun if he/she has a criminal record or has some mental issues.

They are not only not allowed to carry them, they are not allowed to own them.  You are fighting a non-problem and advocating a solution which has existed for a long time.  Ask yourself why?

No serious person on either side of the debate advocates changing this basic policy with respect to convicted criminals.  I personally am leery about the 'mental health' aspect.  It's as plain as day that a lot of the gun-grabber types would be willing and happy to define wishing to own a gun as a 'mental issue' in and of itself.  Or basically any thought pattern which conflicts with what the current political leadership wants.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 08:49:01 PM

A Brief History Of Repressive Regimes And Their Gun Laws

Although gun control laws are not created equally in terms of overall impact, gun confiscation holds a special place in the halls of political repression. A trip down memory lane will give us a refresher of how gun confiscation has helped consolidate government power.

The Soviet Union and Its Satellite States

The Soviet Union left its mark as one of the deadliest political regimes in the history of mankind. However, it could not get away with such atrocities without having a complete monopoly on the use of force.

Ironically, the famous Soviet leader Vladimir Lenin called for a proletarian militia in his essay Letters From Afar. Lenin charted out his vision in the following passage:

What kind of militia do we need, the proletariat, all the toiling people? A genuine people's militia, i.e., one that, first, consists of the entire population, of all adult citizens of both sexes; and, second, one that combines the functions of a people's army with police functions, with the functions of the chief and fundamental organ of public order and public administration.

Read more at https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-09-13/brief-history-repressive-regimes-and-their-gun-laws.

Cool

gadimbrut

Activity: 418
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 01:32:29 PM

I think it's good to control the use of weapons, because weapons can be misused if those who hold are children, and there has been a lot of news about weapons abuse that has happened lately, in my country only certain people can have weapons
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 11:57:21 PM

I think it's good to control the use of weapons, because weapons can be misused if those who hold are children, and there has been a lot of news about weapons abuse that has happened lately, in my country only certain people can have weapons

How much of this 'news' is utter bullshit?  As per the link above, when one of the very few real reports left looked into things she found that out of some 230-ish reported 'school shootings', only 11 were found an actual basis in reality.  Now why would that be do you suppose?

Again:  https://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2018/08/27/640323347/the-school-shootings-that-werent

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 12:29:23 AM

Actually, I see little news about somebody not controlling his guns. There are few people who leave them lying around for the kids to attempt to control. Most gun folks control their kids as well as they control their guns.

Some of the biggest and best gun controllers are the shooters going into the schools, etc., and killing people with their guns. If they didn't have good control of their guns, they would have missed. So, you are in favor of gun control so that more people get killed?

Cool

BLAST2MARS

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 02:30:35 AM

Guns should really be prohibited. I'm so angry when young teenagers shoots video on youtube where they are holding a real gun. People should have a taser gun or a gun that shoots only tranquilizers so there are no more shooting incidents that will ever happen in schools again.
jayawchaminda

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 03:48:56 PM

Gun control. first, we need to knows why people make the gun.we go our history that people make some tools for killing animals for the food. but now why people make weapons killing for people.thts not good. anybody can see the most of country have a civil war. some country weapon using under 18 kids.should need all countries to make one rules for what age limit people can use a weapon.
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: