Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:53:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Singularity and the machine age  (Read 1236 times)
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 07:55:17 PM

Singularity is an instance of hyper-exponential evolution on a conscious level.  Around the world, scientists have been researching methods to create AI, artificial intelligence, many with the goal of creating a conscious being.  In terms of science, singularity will occur when a computer becomes self aware.

Technological singularity would bring about the downfall of the world.  We are approaching singularity in the wrong manner.  Creating a quantum computer or machine with an intellectual capacity surpassing human consciousness is a dangerous road to walk.  No matter how much work a human puts into the program, intelligence, it will never replicate the human consciousness and it's capacity to feel, to love.  Man is imperfect, man's creations are imperfect.  We are playing god with this planet, altering life in ways that will forever effect our current ecological system.

The threat of a machine takeover is very real, though I do not believe imminent on this planet.  There are, without a doubt, planets within our universe that encountered a technological singularity before a spiritual singularity.  If machines were to reach the point of singularity, with the ability to build or replicate their selves, a hostile takeover of robots becomes a very real threat.  This is illustrated in many movies and novels, including The Matrix and iRobot.

An intelligent machine lacks what makes us humans.  It lacks the capacity to perceive morality.  No matter how intelligent it becomes, it lacks awareness, that which makes us human.  Machines react to a code, they react to physical energies, they do not have freewill.  Their entire existence is confined by whatever form of logic they were created with and evolved from thereafter.

Instead of looking for technology to reach evolved forms of intelligence, why don't we look at our own technology to do the same?  Your mind is more powerful than any computer in the world when used to it's full extent.  Throughout this last century, we have been seeking answers by examining the material world, yet every discover brings more questions than it answers.  We are in an endless search for the answer because we are looking in the wrong spot.  The answer was there all along, though our minds have strayed far from our true state of existence.

Anything we seek to accomplish with technology, we can accomplish with our own mind.  Technology is but a replication of natural processes in a synthetic and imperfect manner.  It's time that we stopped looking for matter to solve our problems, as all matter and all actions resonate from within the human consciousness, the soul.

We have the potential to tap into our own consciousness and incur our own collective singularity, onsetting the beginning of the fifth dimensional state of being, where your mind controls your reality beyond bodily limitations.  We have a choice to make as a collective society, as we have already begun heavy integration of robotic infrastructure into our lives.  We can continue our path of technological advancements until the point we are no longer human, possibly extinct, or we can collectively change our perceptions of how we perceive life until the point we evolve to higher dimensional beings, disbanding the necessity for external technology and embarking the age of creation, manifestation.

There is a mathematical equation necessary to bring forth the ascension into higher dimensions as a collective, and I hold the answers.  A synchronized positive feedback loop between a large amount of people has the capacity to become infinite.  Love has no ends.  There is no limit as to how much peace we can feel.  We can continue this game of ego and living in the past indefinitely, or we can live as beings in this singular moment and open our minds to the true state of existence.

The past is the past.  Whatever you thought in the past does not matter.  What matters is now, now is all that has ever mattered.  Focus on growing now and you'll be strong forever to come.

One thing is certain, singularity will be reached with our linear timescale of exponential evolution.  Will it be you?

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdamSmith

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:20:30 PM

Bitcoin is as close as it can get with singularity with today technology.

The forum itself is supported by people with diverse background. Another form of singularity on product discussion.
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 08:41:53 PM

Today's technology is yesterday's firmware.  The military is decades before us.

Bitcoin pertained with the mind of greed does follow machine logic, to proliferate and grow at increasing rates.  While bitcoin helped transfer the wealth form the status quo into new hands, it has not changed the exchange of energy.  It is still a form of greed and will continue to manifest greed into society.  Bitcoin actually poses a risk of machine integration and dependence upon connected systems with the potential of transhuman integration.

It will not be long before the system convinces people to microchip their selves.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 12:23:43 AM

Bitcoin is as close as it can get with singularity with today technology.

The forum itself is supported by people with diverse background. Another form of singularity on product discussion.

A singularity of money. 

Well, were that to happen it would of necessity not be money from a state or even an organization of states, such as the UN.

Is the Internet a singularity of communications? 

It certainly is moving that way, as TV and home phone service are now really "internet apps."

A more penetrating question would be what changes - if any - to bitcoin might occur either of blockchain necessity or by way of some twisted, perverted interaction with diverse authorities, before the singularity of money arose?
Victorius

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

...math, you can trust math.

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 02:47:30 PM

are here any extropians? Grin

I personaly plan to upload my mind on some HQ hardware....

LISK    Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
Bit-Gods

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:41:52 AM

Singularity is an instance of hyper-exponential evolution on a conscious level.  Around the world, scientists have been researching methods to create AI, artificial intelligence, many with the goal of creating a conscious being.  In terms of science, singularity will occur when a computer becomes self aware.

Technological singularity would bring about the downfall of the world.  We are approaching singularity in the wrong manner.  Creating a quantum computer or machine with an intellectual capacity surpassing human consciousness is a dangerous road to walk.  No matter how much work a human puts into the program, intelligence, it will never replicate the human consciousness and it's capacity to feel, to love.  Man is imperfect, man's creations are imperfect.  We are playing god with this planet, altering life in ways that will forever effect our current ecological system.

The threat of a machine takeover is very real, though I do not believe imminent on this planet.  There are, without a doubt, planets within our universe that encountered a technological singularity before a spiritual singularity.  If machines were to reach the point of singularity, with the ability to build or replicate their selves, a hostile takeover of robots becomes a very real threat.  This is illustrated in many movies and novels, including The Matrix and iRobot.

An intelligent machine lacks what makes us humans.  It lacks the capacity to perceive morality.  No matter how intelligent it becomes, it lacks awareness, that which makes us human.  Machines react to a code, they react to physical energies, they do not have freewill.  Their entire existence is confined by whatever form of logic they were created with and evolved from thereafter.

Instead of looking for technology to reach evolved forms of intelligence, why don't we look at our own technology to do the same?  Your mind is more powerful than any computer in the world when used to it's full extent.  Throughout this last century, we have been seeking answers by examining the material world, yet every discover brings more questions than it answers.  We are in an endless search for the answer because we are looking in the wrong spot.  The answer was there all along, though our minds have strayed far from our true state of existence.

Anything we seek to accomplish with technology, we can accomplish with our own mind.  Technology is but a replication of natural processes in a synthetic and imperfect manner.  It's time that we stopped looking for matter to solve our problems, as all matter and all actions resonate from within the human consciousness, the soul.

We have the potential to tap into our own consciousness and incur our own collective singularity, onsetting the beginning of the fifth dimensional state of being, where your mind controls your reality beyond bodily limitations.  We have a choice to make as a collective society, as we have already begun heavy integration of robotic infrastructure into our lives.  We can continue our path of technological advancements until the point we are no longer human, possibly extinct, or we can collectively change our perceptions of how we perceive life until the point we evolve to higher dimensional beings, disbanding the necessity for external technology and embarking the age of creation, manifestation.

There is a mathematical equation necessary to bring forth the ascension into higher dimensions as a collective, and I hold the answers.  A synchronized positive feedback loop between a large amount of people has the capacity to become infinite.  Love has no ends.  There is no limit as to how much peace we can feel.  We can continue this game of ego and living in the past indefinitely, or we can live as beings in this singular moment and open our minds to the true state of existence.

The past is the past.  Whatever you thought in the past does not matter.  What matters is now, now is all that has ever mattered.  Focus on growing now and you'll be strong forever to come.

One thing is certain, singularity will be reached with our linear timescale of exponential evolution.  Will it be you?

As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide. For want of anything better to do, we became fans of collisions. Sometimes I wrote well about collisions, which meant I was a writing machine in good repair. Sometimes I wrote badly, which meant I was a writing machine in bad repair. I no more harbored sacredness than did a Pontiac, a mousetrap, or a South Bend Lathe.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 11:00:17 AM

I thought Dank was back for a second... xD
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 12:11:36 PM

Today's technology is yesterday's firmware.  The military is decades before us.

Bitcoin pertained with the mind of greed does follow machine logic, to proliferate and grow at increasing rates.  While bitcoin helped transfer the wealth form the status quo into new hands, it has not changed the exchange of energy.  It is still a form of greed and will continue to manifest greed into society.  Bitcoin actually poses a risk of machine integration and dependence upon connected systems with the potential of transhuman integration.

It will not be long before the system convinces people to microchip their selves.

Haha, those are some dark thoughts. However I don't completely agree with your opinions, I think it would be a great book to read, haha. No offence! Yes, bitcoin is an electronic currency, another essential daily requirement over which humans will depend on machines, but how can this system convince people to chip themselves? Please tell me it was sarcasm.
TrianglePythagoras

Activity: 274

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 11:24:11 AM

I thought Dank was back for a second... xD

I got excited as well Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: