Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:44:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is "Circle" a good place to buy Bitcoin?  (Read 3507 times)
WheatBreadSaid (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 02:53:57 PM

Hello Bitcointalk.org forum. i am new to Bitcoin so i am here to ask all of you a question. Is "Circle" a good website to purchase Bitcoins? Are they legitimate? If i do manage to purchase some Bitcoin where is the best place to keep my shiny new purchased coins?

Thanks everyone
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:08:10 PM

circle is a great place to buy bitcoin, in fact id say its one of the better exchanges. theyve been around a while and can be trusted 100%. as for where to keep them, you can keep them on your circle wallet, but id advise against that; heres a list of HD wallets you can use to store your bitcoin. https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
WheatBreadSaid (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:22:37 PM

circle is a great place to buy bitcoin, in fact id say its one of the better exchanges. theyve been around a while and can be trusted 100%. as for where to keep them, you can keep them on your circle wallet, but id advise against that; heres a list of HD wallets you can use to store your bitcoin. https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet

thank you, i appreciate your feedback. that link has a great list of bitcoin wallets. its hard to choose one lol. have you purchased any bitcoin from "Circle"? if so what was your experience? once again thank you very much for your feedback.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:24:36 PM

thank you, i appreciate your feedback. that link has a great list of bitcoin wallets. its hard to choose one lol. have you purchased any bitcoin from "Circle"? if so what was your experience? once again thank you very much for your feedback.

I have 1 transaction 1 circle for 50 usd, it just takes a few days for the transaction (bank wire) to go through. as for the wallets, just choose one that best suits your needs after reading up on what each wallet has to offer.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
WheatBreadSaid (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:39:42 PM

I have 1 transaction 1 circle for 50 usd, it just takes a few days for the transaction (bank wire) to go through. as for the wallets, just choose one that best suits your needs after reading up on what each wallet has to offer.

ok that sounds great. thank you for your help and time, i have made up my mind. i think i am going to go with Bitcoin Core as my wallet. i am also going to purchase some bitcoin from circle right now. thank you again you have helped out a lot!
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3196

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 04:37:34 PM

I have bought a lot of bitcoins from Circle. They are very convenient. The drawback is that you give them direct access to your bank account.

I cannot recommend Coinbase because they track you and they will ban you if they don't like what you are doing with your bitcoins.

As for a wallet, Bitcoin Core is not a great choice. Before using it, you have to download the block chain (which can take days). And every time you start it up, it has to validate its database and sync the block chain (which takes several minutes).

I recommend Airbitz on your phone because it is very easy to use and very secure, and Electrum on your computer.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:52:25 PM

Hello Bitcointalk.org forum. i am new to Bitcoin so i am here to ask all of you a question. Is "Circle" a good website to purchase Bitcoins? Are they legitimate? If i do manage to purchase some Bitcoin where is the best place to keep my shiny new purchased coins?

Thanks everyone

never used circle myself but I have heard a lot of positive feedback from other users. far as i know it's only for US customers which is a shame, maybe I'll get to try them out one day. like odolvlobo said, Electrum is one of the easiest wallets to use. if you download a wallet app for your phone just make sure you don't keep too much btc on there.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
WheatBreadSaid (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:12:30 PM

I have bought a lot of bitcoins from Circle. They are very convenient. The drawback is that you give them direct access to your bank account.

I cannot recommend Coinbase because they track you and they will ban you if they don't like what you are doing with your bitcoins.

As for a wallet, Bitcoin Core is not a great choice. Before using it, you have to download the block chain (which can take days). And every time you start it up, it has to validate its database and sync the block chain (which takes several minutes).

I recommend Airbitz on your phone because it is very easy to use and very secure, and Electrum on your computer.

Thank you for your feedback. you are very right too. the BlockChain is downloading very slowly for me. i was starting to think i did something wrong but then i read your post and now i know its normal. i will checkout AirBits right now too. thank you for the suggestion and thank you for your time.

WheatBreadSaid (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:25:09 PM

Thanks everyone

never used circle myself but I have heard a lot of positive feedback from other users. far as i know it's only for US customers which is a shame, maybe I'll get to try them out one day. like odolvlobo said, Electrum is one of the easiest wallets to use. if you download a wallet app for your phone just make sure you don't keep too much btc on there.

thanks for the input. are there dangers with storing btc on your phone?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3196

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 08:22:49 PM

There are two dangers particular to mobile devices:

1. Losing your bitcoins when you lose, break, or wipe your phone: You must back up your wallet or wallet seed. If you do, then you can always restore your wallet on another phone.

2. Losing your bitcoins through theft of the phone. If your wallet is not encrypted, then somebody can steal your bitcoins by stealing your phone. The wallet must be encrypted and allow access only with a password. If you do that, then nobody can steal your bitcoins.

Do not use a wallet that does not protect against either of these dangers.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 08:38:20 PM

1. Losing your bitcoins when you lose, break, or wipe your phone: You must back up your wallet or wallet seed. If you do, then you can always restore your wallet on another phone.

2. Losing your bitcoins through theft of the phone. If your wallet is not encrypted, then somebody can steal your bitcoins by stealing your phone. The wallet must be encrypted and allow access only with a password. If you do that, then nobody can steal your bitcoins.

3. If the wallet is encrypted, there are still malwares that target specifically smartphones, that are capable to log keystrokes and send them back in SMS to the bad guy, so be careful with this also.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
WheatBreadSaid (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:07:42 PM

oh ok i understand. thanks for the tips. you guys are a lot of help on this forum!
bitnanigans

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:40:19 PM

Circle is a great service for purchasing bitcoin. With regards to storing bitcoin, it's best to make use of a wallet that offers multisignature (or multisig) addresses for short. This offers the most safety and security.
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 12:38:32 AM

there is greenbits for android; multibit for computer (wallets);

I've bought lots of bitcoins in circle.com in the past few months, feel free to use them and trust them, although always move your bitcoins from there.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 06:14:20 AM
Last edit: June 22, 2015, 02:59:20 PM by Amph

3. If the wallet is encrypted, there are still malwares that target specifically smartphones, that are capable to log keystrokes and send them back in SMS to the bad guy, so be careful with this also.

not to mention that mobile are more susceptible to malware, they are more vulnerable overall in comparison to a desktop

i'll never store more than what i need in a mobile, actually i'm not using them at all for that, i would prefer to pay with some other HW wallet, if there will be ever the option
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 06:20:54 AM

I use circle as a wallet to keep a small amount of coins, tried to add my bank account once, but got a lot of warnings they "might" not support non-US banks. So i stopped at that step.

Anybody from outside the US has added their bank account to circle?

GreenStox

Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 02:39:40 PM

not to mention that mobile are more susceptible to malware, they are more vulnerable overall in comparison to a desktop

i'll never store more than what i need in a mobile, actually i'm not usin them at all for that, i would prefer to pay with some other HW wallet, if there will be ever the option

Well they are already making Bitcoin Debit cards, that are real debit cards but just for bitcoin, so if your average merchant has a card reader and would accept bitcoin.

It could be done eventually.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 04:02:29 PM

Use Circle, Coinbase, Bitstamp or Kraken. All are good.

Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:40:06 PM

Using Circle is a good move. They are competing heavily with coinbase, and in my opinion almost winning. They allow you to instant buy about $100 a week, and their customer service is spot on. Circle is a GREAT place to buy bitcoin!
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 06:12:36 PM

Using Circle is a good move. They are competing heavily with coinbase, and in my opinion almost winning. They allow you to instant buy about $100 a week, and their customer service is spot on. Circle is a GREAT place to buy bitcoin!

I haven't used Circle but i guess people have a lot of good things to talk about them, im not a fan of coinbase at all there image is way to corp at this moment, i usually use a friend, well he became my friend after always buying from him in localbitcoins.

Rmcdermott927
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 04:06:49 AM

Circle is great for BTC but they have a lot of rules.   Be sure to consult their TOS.  Their support also takes a while for certain requests.   However, I use them all the time and really like the service a lot.   Very low fees. 

saturn643

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:42:28 AM

I killed my circle account after waiting 10 days for support to tell me why they could not verify my account.
Habeler876

Activity: 624

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 05:06:50 AM

Thanks everyone

Circle is legit. I prefer Coinbase, but I've heard mostly good things about Circle. Haven't heard any serious allegations against them either. They have some big names behind them.

As for what to do afterwards -- get yourself a good desktop wallet (Bitcoin QT, Electrum, Multibit) and read up on how to keep it safe.

TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:53:16 AM

I killed my circle account after waiting 10 days for support to tell me why they could not verify my account.

perhaps because you're not a usa citizent? there are some restriction if you live outside of usa, they need to implement those yet, this is the case if you'd attached a bank account to your circle account, but i've heard that their support isn't very good

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 11:02:51 AM

perhaps because you're not a usa citizent? there are some restriction if you live outside of usa, they need to implement those yet, this is the case if you'd attached a bank account to your circle account, but i've heard that their support isn't very good

I haven't added a bank account to my cirle account, but they did seem friendly towards non-us users. I managed to profit from their $5 signup bonus, using my EU cellphone...

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: