Bitcoin Forum
September 27, 2024, 06:13:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Found the phone number of the person who bought stolen Mac w/ BTC info encrypted  (Read 1064 times)
Trance (OP)

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:36:29 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2015, 12:24:59 AM by Trance

help!

what should I do, each time I called he says he doesnt know what I'm talking about and purchased the Macbook on Craigslist. I tried to call the Police and they just took my story down and never contacted me again, when I tried to contact the local Police department again they said the cop that took my report is on vacation and will call me back when he is back (could not tell me when he will be back and it has been 4 weeks and I have received no phone calls) time to hire some experts online!

Paying w/ Bitcoin or whatever payment you prefer (Cash, Gold, Watch, Laptop, iPad, Alt-crypto, prepaid VISA, Western Union!)

I honestly wish I could text bomb him just to feel better but this really sucks! Someone claims they can hack into his cell phone and find his location for $10,000 BTC

(The guy knows something very significant is on the computer but he seems like a wigger that has no knowledge about BTC and hopefully believes that its just great articles I've written and frequencies I paid for to use for my Rife Machine)

(All who leave good info will be tipped via BTC)

All i have is 727 712 6964 (Apparently the name is Matthew)

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:41:15 PM

old brick phone (nokia or some old sony ericcson) + prepayed SIM card = no trace.
dreams is only for ... bankster.

pay the price.
buy bitcoins.

get smart after fail.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 12:05:47 AM

I don't really get this. You mean that your Macbook (which has your BTC info inside) got stolen, then it got sold to someone else, and you found the phone of the buyer? How did you find his phone?

Anyway, what kind of info is in your laptop? does it contain passes, or does it contain actual Bitcoin wallets? If it only contains passes, I assume you already changed all of your passes (including your bitcointalk account, your exchange passes, emails, and potential online wallet passes and brainwallets..)
If you save your BTC locally and the wallets are inside the Macbook along with the wallets.. then you are out of luck. You said your info is encrypted, so if your wallets encrypted as they should, I guess he can do nothing about that, but unless you printed your private keys or uploaded a backup online or elsewhere you can't recover your funds unless you find the laptop.
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 12:20:54 AM

I don't really get this. You mean that your Macbook (which has your BTC info inside) got stolen, then it got sold to someone else, and you found the phone of the buyer? How did you find his phone?

He said it was on Craigslist. People on there give out their phone numbers to meet people locally in parking lots (and usually get robbed).
I assume he found the number, since the buyer posted it, on the ad on Craigslist.

The number that you found, was it a cell phone or landline?

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Trance (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 12:27:16 AM

old brick phone (nokia or some old sony ericcson) + prepayed SIM card = no trace.

pay the price.
buy bitcoins.

get smart after fail.

I don't think you understand how significant getting this Macbook back would be, and I found out that its a Galaxy Note4, doesnt that require a regular service provider, not able to use a TRACFONE or what not.... I will give 15% of the total BTC which would equate to potentially near 15-20k, I will even sign a private investigation promissory note to ensure the person helping will get a payout.

AgentofCoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 12:41:48 AM

pay the price.
buy bitcoins.

get smart after fail.

I don't think you understand how significant getting this Macbook back would be, and I found out that its a Galaxy Note4, doesnt that require a regular service provider, not able to use a TRACFONE or what not.... I will give 15% of the total BTC which would equate to potentially near 15-20k, I will even sign a private investigation promissory note to ensure the person helping will get a payout.

You are going to need a uber-leet haxor. I don't believe that a private investigator can get cellular subscriber information legally.

I got a random idea, don't know if it will work or not. Probably not.

Can you spoof the number online, to call your number, to get the caller id information?
Might trick the phone system into thinking it is him calling you and provide the ID data. You have caller ID?

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Trance (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 01:04:29 AM

pay the price.
buy bitcoins.

get smart after fail.

You are going to need a uber-leet haxor. I don't believe that a private investigator can get cellular subscriber information legally.

I have caller ID, yes. There is a substantial amount of BTC that will be received if this Macbooks recovered! Its costed me alot of money to find where the Macbook went (via using Mac Address, guessing he wasnt smart enough to change that) but the Bitcoin info on the Mac equates to all the World Of Warcraft Gold I traded for Bitcoins many years ago, the Bitcoins went up well well over 100% in value so I'm very eager to get this back. I have the Macbooks box and proof of purchase as well if someone thinks this is me trying to compromise someones wallet.

Can you spoof the number online, to call your number, to get the caller id information?
Might trick the phone system into thinking it is him calling you and provide the ID data. You have caller ID?

Trance (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 02:22:26 AM

Anyway, what kind of info is in your laptop? does it contain passes, or does it contain actual Bitcoin wallets? If it only contains passes, I assume you already changed all of your passes (including your bitcointalk account, your exchange passes, emails, and potential online wallet passes and brainwallets..)
If you save your BTC locally and the wallets are inside the Macbook along with the wallets.. then you are out of luck. You said your info is encrypted, so if your wallets encrypted as they should, I guess he can do nothing about that, but unless you printed your private keys or uploaded a backup online or elsewhere you can't recover your funds unless you find the laptop.

Unfortunately I never got to backup my stuff, at the time I procrastinated because Bitcoin was not my main priority and the amount of Bitcoin back then did not equate to NEARLY as much money as it would be valued at in todays market. I paid an accomplice that stole the Macbook to tell me who it was sold it, that's how I got the name and number. He knows there is something on there, God knows whats going through his head, only I can actually retrieve the Bitcoin's once the Macbook is in my possession. I've already offered a brand new Macbook 15" retina display for the 13" OLD Macbook that I need to obtain, honestly at this point Im ready to Text Bomb his phone until he talks!

Trance (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 02:27:38 AM

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay, direct me to where I can find these uber-leet resources ?! This is the internet for crying out-loud and nobody has any ideas they would like to get paid for!?

ThEmporium

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 02:34:01 AM

help!

what should I do, each time I called he says he doesnt know what I'm talking about and purchased the Macbook on Craigslist. I tried to call the Police and they just took my story down and never contacted me again, when I tried to contact the local Police department again they said the cop that took my report is on vacation and will call me back when he is back (could not tell me when he will be back and it has been 4 weeks and I have received no phone calls) time to hire some experts online!

Sorry to hear that, I found that you are running into a serious problem. However your details reports are still unclear. Why do not you break your lines and write it in uniformly. I have given to understand from your lines that, you bought a Macbook and it got stolen ? If it is, then do you remember it's MAC Address.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:38:56 PM

Have you considered offering this person the $10,000 you are offering here in return for your laptop?

Also, I am pretty sure that this person will go through all files and installed programs.
Sooner or later he will find Bitcoin and/or your wallet.dat (which sounds like something you wanna take a look inside isn't it?).
He will try to access the wallet and because he wont be able to he will look it up in google and eventually (probably) end up here.
That's when he will realize that only you can have access to the funds.

So, there is 2 things I see probably happening:
1) He will call you and accept your offer of $10,000 in return for your laptop.
2) He will be a bitch about it and try and extort more than that from you. How that works out, I don't know.

Either way, it's the only way I see it happening at this point since he knows you want it real bad.
But make sure to offer less at first because there will be a bargain.

You could also go to the police and get them to find this guy through this "accomplice" you mentioned.
I don't know how that is going to work out either.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 03:49:07 PM

The cop is on vacation? screw that. Call the police and tell them you are in front of "Mathew's" house and you are about to confront him. You are requesting the police be there because this is a criminal matter. Watch him pee his pants when you and a cop show up.

You can get that address with a service like this:
https://www.spokeo.com/purchase?q=7277126964&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spokeo.com%2Freverse-phone-lookup%2Fsearch%3Fp%3D%2528727%2529+712-6964&product=phone

also, if you know the BTC has not moved yet then he will be responsible if they do move. Since you have informed him that the laptop is stolen, it would be theft to spend them now. (but never mention BTC to him)

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:26:35 PM

Did you consider checking out the Matthews found here: https://www.facebook.com/DASAUTOBMW/friends?pnref=lhc
MCHouston

Activity: 882

Where am I?

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:38:57 PM

PM'd

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
AgentofCoin
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:46:52 PM

PM'd

MCHouston

Activity: 882

Where am I?

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:51:17 PM

LOL I wish.  Definitely wish I was that good at coding.

Just know PI's that will get the info the OP is requesting.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 06:17:03 PM

Why do people never back their shit up....

My wallet is on a server.. 20 CD's.. 10 USB's and physically printed..  They are also in seperate locations over 60k of each other..

BTC has been over $200 for about 2 years...

I just cannot feel sorry for you OP....
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 06:18:14 PM

If you are reading this and you do not have 10 back ups, stop reading and get 10 back ups or you WILL be the OP.
peligro

Activity: 593

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 10:39:12 AM

Unfortunately I never got to backup my stuff, at the time I procrastinated because Bitcoin was not my main priority and the amount of Bitcoin back then did not equate to NEARLY as much money as it would be valued at in todays market. I paid an accomplice that stole the Macbook to tell me who it was sold it, that's how I got the name and number. He knows there is something on there, God knows whats going through his head, only I can actually retrieve the Bitcoin's once the Macbook is in my possession. I've already offered a brand new Macbook 15" retina display for the 13" OLD Macbook that I need to obtain, honestly at this point Im ready to Text Bomb his phone until he talks!

So you paid the one who stole the macbook. And he probably only gave the info out so that you dont tell the police about him.

The normal way would have been to declare you know the thieve. He would be the one you have a "deal" with and he has to provide the macbook back to you.

So what you have now is a new owner that likes that macbook. And he doesnt care about its being stolen because you cant sue him. So the only solution is that he gives it to you out of free will. Or at least rent it so that you can back up your wallets. If he doesnt do it or dont want then you cant do anything legally except claiming the real thieve being a thieve.
peligro

Activity: 593

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 10:46:25 AM

Some other thoughts... when you paid the "thieve"... where do you know from that he told you the real new owner? Maybe he gave you a random macbook owner and didnt even know the real owner. He only wanted your money?

And did you check if its worth at all? I mean when i get a notebook that was used before i would never ever use it without wiping out all data on the harddisc. It would be way too risky doing online banking or anything on it. The old owner could have installed keyloggers or something. So only if the new owner isnt smart enough you would have a chance to get anything back. Make sure your old data is still there.

I think things like that will happen even more in the future. People dont even care about normal backups because they dont realize things can happen. Now people even hold their own bank account on their pc and they dont realize the risks involved. Or dont want to read it because nothing happened ever. I think these kind of stories will be heard more often in the future.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: