Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 04:56:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Legality or Illegality of using other peoples computer to mine coins  (Read 3054 times)
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 08:09:37 AM

There is no problem in mining through regular computers, but the problem is that this may hurt the very potential of the device where (graphics card and processor)
You must warn

he will only use a samll portion of the power of their computer/graphic, it will no use 100 or soemthing, or they computer will slow down too much

using 10% of many computer will cover the mining already

True. I have in my office 8 PCs and we are limited to single port mining (must say that i only found doge and dash pols that support this particular port). All machines work but with no effort so much ass ass think it will be mainly cuz internet is limited. Never the less this may be useful if everything is ok you  dont have to pay electricity and you dont you your machines. Off course this can be only done if all people in office cooperate like in mine case.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 08:26:55 AM

Ofcourse it's illegal if the other party doesn't know about it. But then again what they won't know won't matter to them. So as long as you keep it a secret and don't rape their cpu too hard (so they won't be able to use the pc properly) then sure go ahead if you can do it in secret.

I wouldn't say "illegal." Unethical? Sure. But you could easily just add a ToS (which nobody seems to read) that notifies them, and then even if it DID go to court, I doubt anything would happen.

That said, @OP: even if you had millions of computers mining for 12 hours a day, you'd make almost nothing. You would literally earn MORE off working for $6 an hour than you would off spending the same amount of time trying to write the code to do the mining.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: