Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:28:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ATOMBIT Wallet is available on the App Store!  (Read 882 times)
ATOMBITwallet (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 04:34:21 PM

Hi guys,

We are frequenters of this forum but this is our first time posting. We're a group of developers from Montreal, Canada that have spent the last 10 months creating a one-of-a-kind Bitcoin wallet. It's called ATOMBIT Wallet and it does one very crazy thing: our users delete and recreate their private keys to protect them. Yes, you read that correctly! We do this because our belief is if something doesn't exist, it can't be lost or stolen. We realized that the storage of private keys, encrypted or not, is the fault of all Bitcoin thefts and losses. Our mission is to eliminate this pain while increasing simplicity and ease of use.

The solution we've come up with was to license technology from Zeropasswords, another startup here in Montreal that deals with cyber security. They're a brilliant group of experienced cryptographers that have patented a new approach to securing digital assets, and we saw a perfect fit for Bitcoin. We're able to delete private keys because they've devised a unique mathematical procedure that allows for the recreation of private keys from benign data. To learn more check out their website where they have a ton of information on how they do it.

After many hours of hard work to realize our dream, we're excited to announce that ATOMBIT is finally available for download on the App Store!

You can also use our "Buy Now" feature to purchase a set amount of bitcoins. We think it's a really cool way to facilitate the acquisition of bitcoins.

Try it out and let us know what you think!

- The ATOMBIT team
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 6085

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 04:42:12 PM

I'am just giving my opinion so I hope you don't take any of what I said personally because I've seen that some people do . So I myself don't really like the website design I found it not very professional , It could be simple and still professional .
Also I want to know is this application Open source ? because I'am pretty sure no one will trust a random wallet that claim to be secure and stuff and it's Closed source .

EDIT : One more thing , availalble only for iOS ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ATOMBITwallet (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 04:56:53 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2015, 05:09:40 PM by ATOMBITwallet

I'am just giving my opinion so I hope you don't take any of what I said personally because I've seen that some people do . So I myself don't really like the website design I found it not very professional , It could be simple and still professional .
Also I want to know is this application Open source ? because I'am pretty sure no one will trust a random wallet that claim to be secure and stuff and it's Closed source .

Hi OmegaStarScream,

thank you for your feedback! We're still a young startup so we know there is a long road ahead of us to earn people's trust. Our wallet has not been made open source but the patent of the technology we're using is available online. You can also read about our use of licenses. You should also know that we're incorporated in the province of Quebec and our CEO is an active member of the Bitcoin community, so our company is very transparent.

What it all comes down to really is how we built the wallet. It is 100% in the hands of the users as we are never part of the recreation process. If our server goes down, transactions remain unaffected. Private keys are never stored anywhere. You are always in control, more than any other wallet in fact.

As for the website, we will continue to add information and improve its looks as we move forward. One of the obstacles we're facing is that we're 100% self-funded, which means our resources are limited at this time.

I hope this satisfies your concerns and answers your questions! We're happy to address any else you might have.

- The ATOMBIT team
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 6085

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:03:20 PM

Hi OmegeStarScream,

thank you for your feedback! We're still a young startup so we know there is a long road ahead of us to earn people's trust. Our wallet has not been made open source but the patent of the technology we're using is available online. You can also read about our use of licenses. You should also know that we're incorporated in the province of Quebec and our CEO is an active member of the Bitcoin community, so our company is very transparent.

What it all comes down to really is how we built the wallet. It is 100% in the hands of the users as we are never part of the recreation process. If our server goes down, transactions remain unaffected. Private keys are never stored anywhere. You are always in control, more than any other wallet in fact.

As for the website, we will continue to add information and improve its looks as we move forward. One of the obstacles we're facing is that we're 100% self-funded, which means our resources are limited at this time.

I hope this satisfies your concerns and answers your questions! We're happy to address any else you might have.

- The ATOMBIT team

Thanks for your answer and for clarifing things up , for your CEO you may wanna ask him to post here or he had to make the thread him self I guess , could you link us to him please ? curious who is he .
As for the website , is not that bad but you could just stick to something simple , I guess choosing the right WordPress theme would do the job . nothing too big or fancy

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ATOMBITwallet (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:13:46 PM

Hi OmegeStarScream,

- The ATOMBIT team

Thanks for your answer and for clarifing things up , for your CEO you may wanna ask him to post here or he had to make the thread him self I guess , could you link us to him please ? curious who is he .
As for the website , is not that bad but you could just stick to something simple , I guess choosing the right WordPress theme would do the job . nothing too big or fancy

Hi OmegaStarScream,

My name is Andreas and I'm the CEO of ATOMBIT. I don't have an account on this forum but you can find my LinkedIn here. You can also Google my name and see a couple of interviews I've taken part in to discuss Bitcoin. Here's one for your convenience. Thanks for taking the time to check us out, I'm happy to answer any questions you or others might have!

Best,
Andreas
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: