Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:31:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (Parody?) Elmer FUD: You MUST read this if you are holding any Bitcoins!!!  (Read 1444 times)
amiryaqot
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 08:37:14 AM

well that thread is like a joke and OP tried to make it more funny and good to read that kind of stuff when someone feeling stress and need a funny thing than i am sure this post will help him to get relax by reading this thread, i don't care about this FUD because i don't think OP is serious by saying this or maybe he was drunk to post it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elisa9825

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:54:37 AM

I think what he is saying is.... Governments and FUD spreaders are talking down Bitcoin, but at the same time, they cash in on the Tax and Capital gains.

The Chinese are saying, they are banning Bitcoin, but at the same time, their citizens are building the strongest Bitcoin mining operations in the world.

People are saying one thing and doing the exact oposite. If Bitcoin was only a toy for Libetarians... Why are Banks interrested and Why are millions of dollars being pumped into VC investments?

That is my take on this.  Wink
According my knowledge, Chinese gov is just soft banning bitcoin and giving out warning of the potential risks associated with bitcoin. They didn't made some legislations to ban the bitcoin like Russia.
Chinese ppl are just attracted by the profits generated from bitcoin mining.
Off course bitcoin has a lot of potential and already attract a lot of VC.
lockshop11

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:01:20 AM

well that thread is like a joke and OP tried to make it more funny and good to read that kind of stuff when someone feeling stress and need a funny thing than i am sure this post will help him to get relax by reading this thread, i don't care about this FUD because i don't think OP is serious by saying this or maybe he was drunk to post it.
cant not understand a Legendary member is spreading fud here! He should be one of the early bitcoin adopters and hold many bitcoin! But he is spreading the rumors. Probably he is trying to lower the buy and buy more!
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:11:04 AM

mostly i can see these kinds of stuff from brand new users with 0 activities. but to see this from a legendary member...
what has happened to the community ...

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:07:57 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 03:52:13 PM by johnyj

Many countries eliminates VAT For Bitcoin Transactions, like UK, Switzerland etc. It implies bitcoin is seen a payment method, not property any more by more and more countries. Although they haven't recognized bitcoin as currency yet. If some countries are still charging "capital gain" from Bitcoin, it will impact the development of bitcoin there. Business will remove from there, ppl will be reluctant to hold this useless internet money.

Even if you trade foreign currencies, you still need to pay capital gain tax

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 01:36:20 PM

The OP is actually technically correct about the tax law, however,
there's at least one wallet software that ALREADY tracks your capital gains for you, based
on price fluctuation, should you wish to report that to the IRS.

Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 01:45:00 PM

Parody or not, it's a good discussion to have.

This reality you propose is just more reason to keep involvement in Bitcoin in bitcoin. As the market grows fiat becomes less relevant once one has some bitcoin to use for their purchases.

Think of this example, If you sold your car last year for cash did you report that sale on your income tax return? I didn't think so...

scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:00:57 PM

Parody or not, it's a good discussion to have.

This reality you propose is just more reason to keep involvement in Bitcoin in bitcoin. As the market grows fiat becomes less relevant once one has some bitcoin to use for their purchases.

Think of this example, If you sold your car last year for cash did you report that sale on your income tax return? I didn't think so...

Actually its parody or not, do we want this tax law makers that dont know anything about bitcoin, they just want to tax the new comer that adopted bitcoin early to tax him has much possible to make him feel he still has no control over his life.

Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:18:41 PM

Governments and FUD spreaders are talking down Bitcoin, but at the same time, they cash in on the Tax and Capital gains.

This.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:06:35 PM

Wouldn't it have been easier to just say America Sucks in bold print?

America sucks?  Is that why 100s of thousands immigrate to The United States for a better life.  Sure, America has its problem but so does any country.  I personally am very grateful to be a citizen of this fine county.

Also, funny use of words OP.  Cheesy

It seems like OP is saying America sucks to me.

One million people immigrate to the U.S. each year.  On average 2.25 million people are incarcerated in the U.S. and about a half million are deported. Maybe immigrants are being jailed or deported? lol

You don't travel much do you?

America is the finest country anyone ever stole. ~Bobcat Goldthwaite

Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 05:27:16 PM

Can I buy Elmer's glue with Bitcoins, and what happens when I do?

If I am an American taxpayer, then I just traded "property" for a small bottle of white glue, and now I have to track and report the "capital gains" on my huge pile of Magic Internet Money, and when America successfully spreads their special form of "freedom" throughout the whole world, then everyone will have to report capital gains for even the smallest transactions, and people will see that Bitcoins are useless, and the world will find great value in the "Blockchain technology", but not BTC as money, and China will finally break Bitcoins' neck with a hard ban, not this "soft ban" that seems to have the worlds largest mining farms growing throughout the Red Empire, and once BTC falls to ZERO you will not be able to get even 20 cents for your "digital gold".

Now do you understand why Bitcoin is/was and always will be, just a silly toy for "libertarians" and wanna-be economic terrorists?  Tongue

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: