Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:24:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ParallelCoin - DUO - SHA256 + Scrypt | HardFork Soon!!! We are going Go!  (Read 61079 times)
litecoinricky

Activity: 171
Merit: 3

I need a break!

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 06:29:17 PM

I know what Marcetin do all this time.

He sleep in office, literaly. He don't want do to lose time.

If thats true, that is just awesome, that takes dedication  Smiley

In my last talk with Marcetin a few days ago he did also tell me the same... He is coding all the time, pretty much 24*7, not getting much sleep, working on getting things finished. Hats off for all the work he is doing.

I already saw some of his work he has done, so I can tell it is true. Also soon I will be able to test finished things and report final errors to him, if there are any.

Thanks for that update Smiley
I can't wait to see whats next, im getting really excited about DUO now Smiley

I'll take any freebies on offer Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nier00

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:36:23 PM

In my last talk with Marcetin a few days ago he did also tell me the same... He is coding all the time, pretty much 24*7, not getting much sleep, working on getting things finished. Hats off for all the work he is doing.

I already saw some of his work he has done, so I can tell it is true. Also soon I will be able to test finished things and report final errors to him, if there are any.

Is there any roadmap ?

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
trax0r

Activity: 375
Merit: 103

Coinz-Universe

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:10:09 PM

Is there any roadmap ?

Well, there is no public roadmap I guess.

As this is a community coin, I would say that there are several road maps, on which simultaneously is worked on....
I have my own, Marcetin has it´s own (I would say, big one), and others are also active (and maybe have their own plans, or in other words "roadmap").

Personally I try to add DUO to several services and portals to increase useability of DUO. Also I try to add DUO to new mining pools and to new exchanges.
I am more or less successful in what I am doing, but from time to time I have a success. 
cadoso876

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:55:24 AM

How many coins can be mined?
litecoinricky

I need a break!

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:58:23 PM

How many coins can be mined?

A total of 1 million, with a current supply of 314,719 DUO in circulation.

joes021

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

CEO @ cryptolandscout.com

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 12:47:21 AM

Is there any roadmap ?

As this is a community coin, I would say that there are several road maps, on which simultaneously is worked on....
I have my own, Marcetin has it´s own (I would say, big one), and others are also active (and maybe have their own plans, or in other words "roadmap").

Personally I try to add DUO to several services and portals to increase useability of DUO. Also I try to add DUO to new mining pools and to new exchanges.
I am more or less successful in what I am doing, but from time to time I have a success. 

TraxOr zou doing great job...

https://cryptolandscout.com | Crypto Market Scanner that monitors Price Action, ABCD patterns, Fib, RSI, RSI Divergences, MA, Heikin Ashi Candles, Smoothed Heikin Ashi at all time frames, and all coins on a single display.
trax0r

Coinz-Universe

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:21:54 PM

Is there any roadmap ?

TraxOr zou doing great job...

everyone working on DUO is doing a good job Smiley
JeevanjotSingh

Activity: 22
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:03:17 PM

A simple question can i ask?
How many coins can i mine per day with GTX1050ti in scrypt algo or in sha256(if difficulty is lower)
qwinto

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:56:41 AM

Mining pool SHA256

http://miningpool.pl:7272/

fee-1,5%
cryptokong

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:16:39 PM

Duo is a rare gem!!
I suggest you guys to hold!!
Even if it’s sound hard to believe DUO is a competitor of UNobtanium
And soon will have the same value!!
JeevanjotSingh

Activity: 22
Merit: 8

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 03:43:55 PM

Mining pool SHA256

http://miningpool.pl:7272/

fee-1,5%

I really like to mine scrypt algo which has right now lower difficulty , please suggest me a pool for that.
EMRO CEO

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 07:13:39 PM

Good to see that communities take over and try to revive a coin, wish more communities could do that!
trax0r

Coinz-Universe

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:43:06 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 11:36:14 PM by trax0r

Good to see that communities take over and try to revive a coin, wish more communities could do that!

Yes, really good to see things are moving. I am very excited of all the things to come over the next year.
trax0r

Coinz-Universe

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 03:53:55 PM

The new dev joined today the team... his name is l0k1.
He will be doing the update of DUO wallet and fix latest security issues (and more).

Join Parallelcoin on Slack to see latest developments and news:
https://parallelcoin.slack.com
litecoinricky

I need a break!

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:18:19 PM

The new dev joined today the team... his name is l0k1.
He will be doing the update of DUO wallet and fix latest security issues (and more).

Join Parallelcoin on Slack to see latest developments and news:
https://parallelcoin.slack.com

Great news, the future is looking great for parallelcoin Smiley

litecoinricky

I need a break!

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 12:21:20 PM

Hi Guys
I can't join https://parallelcoin.slack.com It says I need an invitation, can an admin please send me one ?
Thanks
Rick

marcetin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013

ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 01:12:28 PM

Hi Rick,

Glad to see more people show interest in ParallelCoin Smiley

https://join.slack.com/t/parallelcoin/shared_invite/enQtMzYzOTU5OTc0NzkwLTZhZWRmZDUyYjUxNzJkM2UxYjJkODM3Mjk2ODJkNjk1M2E4ZDM5NTkxMTZjODdmMjljNDE2MTkwM2FjMTg3YmM

Hi Guys
I can't join https://parallelcoin.slack.com It says I need an invitation, can an admin please send me one ?
Thanks
Rick

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  PLAN 9   FROM CRYPTO SPACE    PARALLELCOIN 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fellow members, ask not what the community can do for you, ask what you can do for the community. CCW-WebRes-BitStickers-AnonStickers.shop------------------------------ ParallelCoin

The Secret of Success is to find out where people are going.. and get there first! - Mark Twain
Bitrated user: marcetin.
litecoinricky

I need a break!

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 02:04:51 PM

Thank you Marcetin, and good work, it really does look like DUO has a great future, I just cant wait Smiley

trax0r

Coinz-Universe

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 05:49:41 PM

It is now possible to use cloud mining on Parallelcoin - check out this link:

https://www.cryptostar.asia/miner/ParallelCoin

Hint: I have no idea if this service is any good. I just found it on the net. Maybe if someone tries it, please post a review on it.
lokiverloren

Activity: 85

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 06:44:59 PM

I would like to introduce myself, since my boss has been so busy he didn't think of it - I am the new lead blockchain engineer/dev in the project now. My name is Loki.

I have been working on a golang version of Parallelcoin, based on Piotr Narewski's Gocoin, and I had just reached a point where the new client was sucking up blocks from the network, and I became aware there was some kind of problem with the network.

As a result of this bit of edification, I switched over for a couple of days to just messing with the ancient version as on Marcetin's repository, and I explored how the thing works between a couple of machines in my apartment (a slow old laptop and a desktop with an i5) and determined with many experiments and changes and staring at server logs, that there will be a number of pre-go-fork changes that will help encourage people to actually use this coin. I have these changes all ginned up on another repository and I've even worked up the required push but I wasn't given any access yet to the main repo so it's sitting idle on my hard drive.

1. Maximum percentage of difficulty adjustment *will be* doubled.

The reason for this is some lazy-ass bugger has taken to dropping in on the network and spewing blocks at it. The doubling of the difficulty adjustment will reduce the spewiness of their little farm of SHA256D miners a tad, well, by twice as much as it is now, per block. I considered making the adjustment more aggressive but then discovered the chain requires a block to arrive before it recomputes difficulty (more on this in a little). This will raise the cost of their slovenly grasping by about double, over the 10 or so blocks they typically grab, and maybe that will mean they go away. Well, it's not enough to make them go away, I think. The issue is simply that for hours, sometimes half a day afterwards, nobody else wins a block.

(This is partly you all's fault for not mining it with scrypt)

2. Minimum difficulty has been lowered. I dunno how many other blockchain engineers there are reading this, but scrypt is like 10-100x slower than sha256. On my i5, at minimum difficulty (bits=1e00ffff) I find a solution with 4 cores on average about every 3-7 minutes. This is way too high a minimum difficulty, considering nobody is actually mining it with scrypt.  Lowering it to this more reasonable level will mean that even just a few people running the node with -gen turned on will disrupt these long bouts of silence from the network. It's not a change that will affect sha256 mining, unless suddenly everyone turns off their miner, which is unlikely, although it seems like there's not many mining anyway.

3. We can change the chain to have 30 second blocks. Why not? Along with this tenfold reduction in block time, the block reward will also be reduced by the same factor, but you can get the same number of tokens in the same time, just that there will be more blocks involved.

I really wish I could quickly and as easily add a consensus rule that downgrades difficulty after the block window passes, but I am not really a C++ programmer and as a programmer in general, the cryptic nature of C++ is quite repulsive to me (I was hired to code in go, so, as expected). This is a change that will be first cab off the rank when I finish the gocoin fork. I simply had no idea how much of an abandoncoin, exactly, that I was dealing with, and it's amazing, and probably a testament to the loyalty of you all, that it's still not been completely delisted into nonexistence despite the glaring problems with the network.

Anyway, to give a teaser of what is planned other than such dry and dowdy things as the above (which are still pretty cool, really):

1. Masternodes - not staked! Simply, you will be able to get a share of the block reward for keeping the p2p network and make available the blockchain data to anyone who requests it. Anyone caught running a masternode that seems to be alive and serving data within a short time period will be eligible for winning the next block reward share. I am tentatively setting it at 10%, and the network will reject blocks that don't pay a masternode, or try to pay one other than the deterministically selected one (based on a hash of a specific recent block, maybe 20 back, maybe the head, I'm not sure yet).

Marcetin and I both agree that staking is an artificial incentive and market-manipulation attempt, so simply you will get paid to configure one of the new DUOD nodes to serve the chain up.

This is an interim step towards further enhancements, of course. This is a site in the architecture where I see an opportunity to start developing a SporeDB-based BFT type system. After the change is implemented, syncing to a new node will only require selecting a trusted node, and then it will slurp the whole chain directly in the form it is stored by the server (The gocoin fork squashes the data about 30%, btw, so not 128Mb but more like 90Mb right now) and the chain index, and no need to actually replay it. At your option - this is one of the reasons for doing this - you can always just sync the old fashioned way, but with this new feature, after about 150Mb of download, at most, right now, your node is up and running and answering queries. For most of you that means about 10 minutes. Replay takes about 90-120 minutes currently, and if these features make this a desirable cryptocurrency, that's indubitably going to get way worse in the next 2 years.

2. Progressive Web App GUI wallet delivered directly from your node. No more scratching around for a GUI wallet to use. Literally you will be able to point your browser at it, and tell chrome to install it as an app, and it will work also offline. The Gocoin codebase includes a fiddly CLI cold wallet as well, this will be beefed up to become a browser app also, so despite being offline, you will have the convenience of 30 years of WWW experience delivering you cold wallet functionality without forcing you to learn how to type. We likely will think about enhancing this app further to enable it to be the basis of a web wallet, that anyone can spin up in an hour and serve. I personally am wary of foreign code, so you can be sure that I will be making sure you know it's the legit, real version that you can read or pay someone to read the source of to assure you that it's not stealing your keys.

And that's just the beginning. It is Marcetin's plan also to leverage the power of this community towards growing the system to more than just a cryptocurrency. I have been working on a design for over a year now, for an extensible, modular, HARD (ie native) smart contract platform system that will include a democratically monetised forum, messaging system, distributed exchange network (including tools to help people bind in other cryptos), and the thing that is my most favourite, a gitlab type application that runs on the network that lets you get paid to code, and of course, a distributed marketplace. But we don't stop there, next stop after this is an anonymous routing system, the option to get paid for providing anonymous relay service, and eventually, the ability to launch a whole application on the network, that has the smarts to be able to run a multiplayer action game at sub 100ms latency in a massive (probably continent-bound) environment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: