Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:29:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111783 times)
brendanjhwu

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:52:26 PM

Perhaps item 3) is teaching kids about the gambling element and why it's dangerous. Helping a kid realize the swings and how quickly money can vanish could help them a great deal as they grow to have their own money and get lured into the appeal of earning money fast.

Or they win, and get hooked on the fun.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 07:07:09 AM

We must know what things our kids love are, like video game or stuffs e.g shoes, toys, and school tools. Then, we can search the things in bitcoin accepted shop and show the kids how easier it to used than fiat. But imo the best way is introduce bitcoin through a cartoon movie since all kids love it. And if we can't make a cartoon movie, just tell them a fairytale which everyone in the story used bitcoin to buy-sell thing. Its sounds interesting.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 02:04:58 PM

I think that  is not good idea teach kids yet,at least until wait how it goes.......because if you teach about it, they will want use it and yet there are risks about use it like to stolen wallets,etc.....     it is like to banks, peoples must be adults........

And it is dont only of it, is way about use of Internet,Social Networks by them..........
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 03:11:17 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2015, 04:35:13 PM by deisik

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?

What is money management that you want to teach the kids to? Money management should always be applied to some process involving money, right? Usually, this process is an effort to earn money (with a possibility of losing it). Therefore teaching children about bitcoin growth, adoption, and whatnot doesn't make much sense without the primary aim of your children's education being that of earning money (I daresay that would interest both you and them much more). In this manner, bitcoin is just a means for attaining that end, thereby you should focus on it and not on secondary matters (those will organically come along in due time)...

What do you guys think? Is it the right thing to teach children how to earn more and lose less?

jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 09:38:52 PM

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

Bitcoin concepts are so difficult to grasp even for an adult. You can try teaching kids about bitcoin, I doubt they will fully understand the reason for a blockchain. They would see no difference between bitcoin and WoW gold. Cheesy

What do you guys think? Is it the right thing to teach children how to earn more and lose less?

I think teaching children a money management is extremely important. Things include buy only what you need and save up for something you want. Ultimately, that leads to saving and investing for retirement. Earning a lot is important, not spending more than you can earn is more important.
CryptoTrout

Activity: 706

https://twitter.com/CryptoTrout

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 11:51:12 PM

you dont really have to teach them.  kids are so glued to the internet, it wont be long until they are better at bitcoin than adults.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:00:00 AM

I have told my Son about BTC and also why it is good for the future generations. I said if he wants real freedom then BTC is the nearest thing to getting freedom. So I tried to explain it to him in many different ways. He hasn't fully grasped it but once he relaly sees how much it will impact our lives over the next five years as a family I am sure it will get his radar going. I know piggycoin is helping to teach kids about cryptocurrency in general so that's also a good start.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:32:01 AM

well kids like to play, so something that can bring together bitcoin and gaming

like puzzle that when solved reveal a private key for example

it is important that kids start to learn early some basic economy, at least something about income and expenditure

i heard about a new law for some countries that will make it possible(to teach them basic economy) in schools

Yeah, they like to play but they don't like puzzles.
Download bitplay game for them (like Coin Flapper and Coin Crusher) They play the game and earn bitcoins. The kids start to remember the name bitcoin! And then teach them to withdraw the earned bitcoin to buy something! Forget about the boring technical things. Just teach them how to use bitcoin, like how to use fiat money!
jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 05:38:25 AM

I think that  is not good idea teach kids yet,at least until wait how it goes.......because if you teach about it, they will want use it and yet there are risks about use it like to stolen wallets,etc.....     it is like to banks, peoples must be adults........

And it is dont only of it, is way about use of Internet,Social Networks by them..........

We can prepare our kids to face bitcoin development in future, well maybe we don't need to explain any complicated thing to them, just a simple way. We can say to them we don't need real money to buy stuffs anymore, or we don't need save bitcoin to real bank, or we don't need to take much money in our wallet. Just tell them bitcoin is more simple than real money. Atleast they will have little knowledge about bitcoin for now.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
H.W.Z

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:44:39 AM

What is money management that you want to teach the kids to? Money management should always be applied to some process involving money, right? Usually, this process is an effort to earn money (with a possibility of losing it). Therefore teaching children about bitcoin growth, adoption, and whatnot doesn't make much sense without the primary aim of your children's education being that of earning money (I daresay that would interest both you and them much more). In this manner, bitcoin is just a means for attaining that end, thereby you should focus on it and not on secondary matters (those will organically come along in due time)...

When you are doing the things about spending money, earning money, you could show to your kids. They will understand it deeply! Not just the boring theory! Parents are the most important teachers of their kids. Their behaviors and habits will influence their kids for the rest of their lives. 

ThEmporium

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:45:03 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html
...what other ideas come to mind?
Current and future generations kids are very very smarty, I am sure they would come of out of the flying colors in this digital world. Well, regards to the bitcoin teachings and lessons to the kids, keep talking about bitcoins digital gold within our family and friends, then eventually kids around us will pick up very easily and become familiar with bitcoins.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:56:53 AM

I think school should open some courses for bitcoin for the kids, not the technical specifications, just the basic concepts about it, like what it is, how to use it, development process, features etc. It will make the kids to be interested at it from their young age!

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 06:22:34 AM

well kids like to play, so something that can bring together bitcoin and gaming

like puzzle that when solved reveal a private key for example

it is important that kids start to learn early some basic economy, at least something about income and expenditure

i heard about a new law for some countries that will make it possible(to teach them basic economy) in schools

Yeah, they like to play but they don't like puzzles.
Download bitplay game for them (like Coin Flapper and Coin Crusher) They play the game and earn bitcoins. The kids start to remember the name bitcoin! And then teach them to withdraw the earned bitcoin to buy something! Forget about the boring technical things. Just teach them how to use bitcoin, like how to use fiat money!

we are lucky that bitcoin is pretty catchy as a name, it will spread fast between student, if they start get used to it, via gaming

in the elementary school professors should already teach about any financial instrument and any asset(just the base of it), including bitcoin, but i don't think they are doing so
jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 07:04:38 AM

we are lucky that bitcoin is pretty catchy as a name, it will spread fast between student, if they start get used to it, via gaming

in the elementary school professors should already teach about any financial instrument and any asset(just the base of it), including bitcoin, but i don't think they are doing so

I think elementary school students haven't ready yet to get some complicated thing like financial, financial instrument, asset, investment, etc. Yeah I think the teachers won't teach their students about bitcoin since they haven't known about bitcoin and don't have any idea with it. We don't need the school teach our kids about bitcoin, because we don't know whether the teachers say about good or bad to bitcoin since there were many crime news related to it. Just teach kids ourselves, if we feel it needed to them.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 07:44:35 AM

I think elementary school students haven't ready yet to get some complicated thing like financial, financial instrument, asset, investment, etc. Yeah I think the teachers won't teach their students about bitcoin since they haven't known about bitcoin and don't have any idea with it. We don't need the school teach our kids about bitcoin, because we don't know whether the teachers say about good or bad to bitcoin since there were many crime news related to it. Just teach kids ourselves, if we feel it needed to them.

Do we really need to start teaching elementary children about bitcoins, it's pretty difficult for some of the non-technical adults to understand the concept of bitcoins, I say leave the kids alone and let them enjoy their childhood, as it is they have lot on their mind, school homework etc.

I think once they reach their teen years it will be good idea to start telling them about it, by that time they'd know how emails and computers work.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 08:31:03 AM

Do we really need to start teaching elementary children about bitcoins, it's pretty difficult for some of the non-technical adults to understand the concept of bitcoins, I say leave the kids alone and let them enjoy their childhood, as it is they have lot on their mind, school homework etc.

I think once they reach their teen years it will be good idea to start telling them about it, by that time they'd know how emails and computers work.

We just need to teach them by the same concept with how we introduce real money to them. We won't teach them about inflation or exchanging currency rate or something like that. Just show them what we can buy with bitcoin and why we said bitcoin is better than real money. I think nothing is wrong if kids know about bitcoin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 08:42:37 AM

We just need to teach them by the same concept with how we introduce real money to them. We won't teach them about inflation or exchanging currency rate or something like that. Just show them what we can buy with bitcoin and why we said bitcoin is better than real money. I think nothing is wrong if kids know about bitcoin.

yeah just the base stuff, nothing too complicated, it is important that they can acquire knowledges about how base economy work, as soon as possible

with the current crisis it is better for eveyrone if he can learn about this, and handle his economic situation
lahm-44

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 08:45:26 AM

I think teaching about bitcoin to those little kids is not a good idea..as in this open market it can distract them from studies but yes I agree that they can learn basic economics in the lower classes as well as it will help a lot to develop them and economics is more comfertable in jr.classes as because kids can really learn about the money system and about every country too..it will develop a bisness senve in them
BillyBones

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 09:27:02 AM

I think school should open some courses for bitcoin for the kids, not the technical specifications, just the basic concepts about it, like what it is, how to use it, development process, features etc. It will make the kids to be interested at it from their young age!
It is too early to implement the subject of bitcoins for the school kids. But it will be helpful to educate the business college professionals, bank staffs, economists, and stock market share holders. There should be some more documentaries on media channels regards to the subject of Bitcoin Digital gold.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 09:44:33 AM

It is too early to implement the subject of bitcoins for the school kids. But it will be helpful to educate the business college professionals, bank staffs, economists, and stock market share holders. There should be some more documentaries on media channels regards to the subject of Bitcoin Digital gold.
But for the adults, they alreay have their own established mindset and it is difficult for them to accept this new internet money.  I think there are a lot of materials in the internet. They just don't bother to read them. But the kids are different. They are open to new ideas and willing to understand them.  By the teenage, they probaly understand the mechanic of bitcoin a lot!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: