Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:40:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: double spend from satoshi in multibit  (Read 1991 times)
DanielVG (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 08:52:36 PM

Hi,

I was playing around with satoshi dice and when the change of a bet came back it was confirmed as a double spend.
I have made 4 transactions in the 15 min after the satoshi return and none of them got any confirmation yet (3 hours ago now).
It's really annoying cause i moved a lot of coins from 1 multi bit wallet into another before the "DS" confirmation showed up.
At that moment i was completely ignorant of the double spend cause it came back fast and looked like a loss. nothing suspicious at all.

Does someone have experience with multibit/satoshi and a DS return from satoshi.  Is there a thread that already deals with this problem?

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 10:26:16 PM

Hi,

I was playing around with satoshi dice and when the change of a bet came back it was confirmed as a double spend.
I have made 4 transactions in the 15 min after the satoshi return and none of them got any confirmation yet (3 hours ago now).
It's really annoying cause i moved a lot of coins from 1 multi bit wallet into another before the "DS" confirmation showed up.
At that moment i was completely ignorant of the double spend cause it came back fast and looked like a loss. nothing suspicious at all.

Does someone have experience with multibit/satoshi and a DS return from satoshi.  Is there a thread that already deals with this problem?

If a transaction from SatoshiDICE was a double spend it will either stay at 0/unconfirmed or will revert to 0/unconfirmed if the rare (unseen ?) situation exists that it had at least one confirmation previously.  

SatoshiDICE will then send a replacement payout, though it may not be immediate (many hours or a couple days even, possibly, has been the situation in the past).

I don't know what Multibit does if you happened to spend a coin that ends up later becoming a double spend.  The bitcoin.org client doesn't handle those well, and the solution is to do wallet surgery with pywallet to remove all transactions and rescan.   For Multibit you don't have that option.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

DanielVG (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I want free lunch, i'm gonna go with this guy.

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 11:07:25 PM

solved.

Multibit has an option "restart blockchain and transactions".
After this it was gone.  I have the coins of the unconfirmed transactions back in my multibit wallet.
And the transactions i made after the 'DS' double spend are gone, as if i never made them.

Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 05:17:39 AM

solved.

Multibit has an option "restart blockchain and transactions".
After this it was gone.  I have the coins of the unconfirmed transactions back in my multibit wallet.
And the transactions i made after the 'DS' double spend are gone, as if i never made them.

I'm going to have to check out Multibit pretty soon.  Man, so many good things going on all at once!

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █