Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:39:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people are using Bitcoin debit card?  (Read 10561 times)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 05:45:34 PM

I got one, but have not used. The fee is not worth it at the current point in time. We need better solution
Fees is one of the problem behind idea of bitcoin debit cards. People seem to ignore fact, that we really DON'T need bitcoin debit cards.
We should be aiming for direct bitcoin p2p payment, not creating another processor service to rob us from our money while in reality we can use bitcoin on its own.

We DO need bitcoin debit cards, bot as a permanent solution ofcourse, but we still need to use them in this transitional period where there are still not enough
retailers and merchants that accept straight bitcoin payments. Trust me, i would absolutely love it if i could send from my own mobile wallet and pay for my groceries, but for now, debit card will have to do.

cheers

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 05:53:10 PM

There's nothing worse than the feeling of being in debt. I never used regular fiat debit cards and i will not be using BTC debit cards if they become available in the future. I still dont get how it will be done exactly tho. Just like there is a lot of scams with people not paying back loans, there will be lots of scams with people not paying their debt back.. how will they avoid this?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:00:36 PM

There's nothing worse than the feeling of being in debt. I never used regular fiat debit cards and i will not be using BTC debit cards if they become available in the future. I still dont get how it will be done exactly tho. Just like there is a lot of scams with people not paying back loans, there will be lots of scams with people not paying their debt back.. how will they avoid this?

None of them are credit cards or have accounts linked to them with overdrafts. You spend what's in there. Once it's gone, it's gone. They run along the same lines as pre paid cards. You load them up and spend what's on there.
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:14:20 PM

I receive my salaries in fiat and I have more fiat saving than bitcoin. I don't think anyone need a bitcoin debit card. It is more of a trendy thing than a must have. When people buy things with a card and they have a choice between a fiat credit card and a bitcoin debit card, they will choose to use a card that will be cheaper for them - credit card because of lower fees.

I think bitcoin debt card will be a hit when bitcoin price rose to another ATH. That is when their bitcoin is worth a lot more than they bought them for. Users do not care much about the fees any longer, and they want faster bitcoin to fiat conversion. Buy things with bitcoin directly rather than going through the exchange and wire to bank accounts.
Huobi-USD (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 03:32:09 AM

Never really thought of using a card, I have seem a few floating around, BIT-X have one as mentioned, there are costs to using these cards and also restrictions so I would prefer to just not use them although I do understand that it can be useful for everyday purchases.

What kind of restrictions? Would you mind share a few examples?

Huobi Secure and Trustworthy!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:01:49 AM

Never really thought of using a card, I have seem a few floating around, BIT-X have one as mentioned, there are costs to using these cards and also restrictions so I would prefer to just not use them although I do understand that it can be useful for everyday purchases.

What kind of restrictions? Would you mind share a few examples?

1 of them is that they not ship to all country, another one it that you need to verify your identity(ID and residence proof) above 500 per day
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:14:27 AM

I recently used XAPO debit card in Norway which belonged to my uncle.
unfortunately in india we have no such cards leaving BIT-X.

madonnino

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:22:26 AM

I personally do not use the bitcoin cards  , and not even know people who use it . Too many costs associated with these cards , it is more ' convenient sell bitcoins and charge fiat in a prepaid card....just my opinion...
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:24:15 AM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114639/approved-bitcoin-debit-cards-hot-up-as-market-matures

Anyone has used BTC debit card?
Mind share your feelings about it?

I think 7 from 10 people (bitcoin user) will interesting to use debitcard bitcoin
1% fee is enough for it also use api coindesk is better than api his changer (like huobi)
Huobi-USD (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 09:22:59 AM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114639/approved-bitcoin-debit-cards-hot-up-as-market-matures

I think 7 from 10 people (bitcoin user) will interesting to use debitcard bitcoin
1% fee is enough for it also use api coindesk is better than api his changer (like huobi)

Would you mind telling me why do you think api coindesk is better than huobi?

Thank you very much! Wink

BillyBones

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 09:41:14 AM

I haven't used it yet, my country has not still implemented Bitcoin debit card, I would really prefer carrying Bitcoin debit card with me, if they offer some additional features like free airport lounge while waiting time that would be really awesome, looking forward more updates regards to bitcoin debit cards.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 09:47:58 AM

so far not used yet.

Huobi-USD (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 10:09:14 AM

Are there many shops accepting BTC debit card in Norway?

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:10:22 AM

Most of them are mastercards so you can use them anywhere that's accepted. That's a lot of places.
Valanor

Activity: 252

Look My eyes

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:14:37 AM

Most of them are mastercards so you can use them anywhere that's accepted. That's a lot of places.

bitcoin debitcard basicly use mastercard service, if a merchand accept mastercard he can accept debit bitcoin too ?

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 11:28:13 AM
Last edit: June 25, 2015, 02:24:24 PM by Amph

this is a bit ironic, when we all know that mastercard is against bitcoin, yet they are the most prominent in its propaganda  Cheesy

and it is strange that visa isn't involved with bitcoin at all, there are some visa cards that utilize bitcoin? i do not recognize any...
mayflor2

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:43:04 PM

I have friends using bitplastic and xapo, however their use is much less, more flashy. The card is pretty simple but I don't fund much future of them right now but a couple years later. What pisses me odd is that bitplastic still markets their debit cards saying they are the only ones offering bitcoin debit cards but they are so wrong.

I double checked. They say they are the ONLY bitcoin debit card providers, which is false marketing and they can easily be sued by their rivals  Tongue The use of such debit cards will be low because of common use of bitcoin is also comparatively low.

Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:22:18 PM

The fees are often vast and their continuing existence is pretty tenuous. It wouldn't take much for them to be shut down. If I really needed to spend I'd just sell normally if I can't spend them directly.

Instead of using another service with high fees, we should rather aim to create or develop a service with direct payment and zero fee system, which is what will empower bitcoin. It can be a huge SP for bitcoin and might create more space for market. The profit source might change but motive too.
Mehek

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:45:27 PM

I have friends using bitplastic and xapo, however their use is much less, more flashy. The card is pretty simple but I don't fund much future of them right now but a couple years later. What pisses me odd is that bitplastic still markets their debit cards saying they are the only ones offering bitcoin debit cards but they are so wrong.

I double checked. They say they are the ONLY bitcoin debit card providers, which is false marketing and they can easily be sued by their rivals  Tongue The use of such debit cards will be low because of common use of bitcoin is also comparatively low.

This shit doesn't even matter, because nobody is going to use these cards. What'd be the point then? It will defeat the whole purpose of bitcoins. You have your own access to it and with the widespread acceptance of bitcoin, payment will be super easy too. Why use the atm card then?
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:51:03 PM

Any bitcoin debit card that i can pay with in any store?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: