Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:21:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many people are using Bitcoin debit card?  (Read 10561 times)
lahm-44

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 01:27:58 PM

maybe 10-20% of the bitcoiners are using bitcoin debit card and so on...even many of my friends are using it too..but most of the bitcoiners are now days avoiding it due to its high fees

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 05:22:14 PM

maybe 10-20% of the bitcoiners are using bitcoin debit card and so on...even many of my friends are using it too..but most of the bitcoiners are now days avoiding it due to its high fees
Yes man, their fees are very high.
They will kill me.
But you are a senior member, so there will not be that much problem to you to earn those back, because of the bit-x signature.

HarHarHar9965

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 05:28:57 PM

They will kill me.
But you are a senior member, so there will not be that much problem to you to earn those back, because of the bit-x signature.

Doing signature campaigns is often not so easy as people think, you need to write significant content in the provided word limit with other limitations in order for the post to qualify as a valid post, if the post does not meet the required quota, it is not counted as a post for the sig campaign. Most of the posts are often not considered, making it hard for people to earn that btc. Legendary & Hero Members get 0.0012BTC per post, Senior Members get 0.0010BTC and Full Members are paid 0.0007BTC per post
SimpleIn

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 06:32:28 PM

I do not know how many of them use the card. Personally, I'm not her crawling Smiley
aakashsangwan

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 02:44:44 PM

They will kill me.

Doing signature campaigns is often not so easy as people think, you need to write significant content in the provided word limit with other limitations in order for the post to qualify as a valid post, if the post does not meet the required quota, it is not counted as a post for the sig campaign. Most of the posts are often not considered, making it hard for people to earn that btc. Legendary & Hero Members get 0.0012BTC per post, Senior Members get 0.0010BTC and Full Members are paid 0.0007BTC per post
But at least there are no limitations on the boards to post, just the meta and off-topic are not counted and also there is no limit on posting.
So provided the whole forum, around 150 posts a week is not big deal.
BTW there is a question coming in my mind, is there a daily limit to post on the forum before our account gets banned for posting.  Huh
I've seen many people complaining about it in the meta forum.

mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:17:55 PM

They will kill me.

But at least there are no limitations on the boards to post, just the meta and off-topic are not counted and also there is no limit on posting.
So provided the whole forum, around 150 posts a week is not big deal.
BTW there is a question coming in my mind, is there a daily limit to post on the forum before our account gets banned for posting.  Huh
I've seen many people complaining about it in the meta forum.

Theses questions of limitation on posts should be ask on another topic thread such as begginers and help area.

But to answer your question there isnt a daily limit, but if we see it to very spam like, I hit the tab on the bottom right "report to moderator" and if the moderator deletes your posts more then 2 times, you`ll see a banned account in red.
ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 05:34:38 PM

I was thinking to get a XAPO debit card but the fees are too high in my opinion. I will just wait until a better alternative with lower fees arrives.
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 06:03:50 AM

I dont understand this ,what is the benefit of the ATM'sand debit cards when the point of bitcoins is an easy alternative transaction ...
why would people go back to cards again.

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
███████████████████████████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent
HarHarHar9965

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 08:08:36 AM

I dont understand this ,what is the benefit of the ATM'sand debit cards when the point of bitcoins is an easy alternative transaction ...

I think very few people opt for such services, cashing out your investments to buy groceries could possibly the worst case scenario for investors man. The transaction fees is much more than debit/credit when using the btc debit card, I understand that because exchange rates are also calculated. Bitcoin could be a payment gatweway to pay for goods and services online but the logic of buying btc from fiat, then withdrawing btc just to treat it like fiat. WHAT'S DAH POINT?
RustyNomad

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 09:15:25 AM

Easy, in the past I had to cash out my bitcoins on an exchange and after the conversion had to have the funds transferred to my bank account. All of this involve fees and time. The bank transfer part can easily take 2 or more days depending on the exchange.

With a debit card I no longer need to do this. All I do is swipe my card. Everything happens in the background and it works out cheaper. Also, my bitcoins is available instantly, no need to transfer it anywhere first and or to cash it out or anything like that, I just take my card out and swipe it. As easy as that.

Just a note: The above only work if you are with somebody like Xapo or Bit-X where your bitcoin wallet is directly linked to your card. The preloaded cards do not work like this and often its easier to just cash out than getting funds onto those cards.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 03:34:44 PM

Recently we can see many debit cards, also one of them is from coinomat, it's also the bit-x, but we must check the fees. It's not bad to have one, i think to get one in future
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 03:38:21 PM

I am also interested in debit card but too much high fees and most of companies are not sending in our country just because of this I am unable to take this one but hope in near future I will try one
tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 03:39:32 PM

I have never understood the point of Bitcoin debit cards myself either. Bitcoin has the technology to make transactions from your phone to phone or various other devices. I think Bitcoin debit cards are only here for now while the technology is still in its pre-adaptation phase.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 03:54:55 PM

I am also interested in debit card but too much high fees and most of companies are not sending in our country just because of this I am unable to take this one but hope in near future I will try one

The fees yeah are very high if we don't earn too much. Which country are you in? There are many services that you send to them and they can send you the card to you country.
andysbizz

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 04:44:39 PM

I have a btc debit card but haven't used because the price are so high...
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 04:59:53 PM

Since my country still under develop so many of them still not interest on bitcoin. So it means if they not know bitcoin , they will know bitcoin debit card neither. But honestly I don't like bitcoin debit card since we can transfer everywhere and everytime with single device.

Just a note: The above only work if you are with somebody like Xapo or Bit-X where your bitcoin wallet is directly linked to your card. The preloaded cards do not work like this and often its easier to just cash out than getting funds onto those cards.

So only  Xapo or Bit-X that implement with debit card ?
lorylore
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:05:59 PM

I have a btc debit card but haven't used because the price are so high...

Can we know which bitcoin debit card are you using? How was the process until getting/receiving it?

Since my country still under develop so many of them still not interest on bitcoin. So it means if they not know bitcoin , they will know bitcoin debit card neither. But honestly I don't like bitcoin debit card since we can transfer everywhere and everytime with single device.

It's not just about spreading the bitcoin in the country you are in, but making purchases with you btc, i understand in this way.
Auxi

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:07:29 PM

Too expensive for the moment, i prefer wait
RustyNomad

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 11:53:54 AM

No there are others who also offer debit cards but they work on a pre-load basis. This means that you have to send bitcoin to them and they then sell it to convert it to say US$ which they then load onto the card. So the debit card actually works like a prepaid card. There are also fees involved for this loading of the card which makes it more expensive.

With Bit-x and Xapo you do not need to send bitcoins to anyone. The debit cards they have are directly linked to your wallet. So each time you make a purchase on the card the value of that transaction is taken directly off your wallet. So no need to first convert the bitcoin to fiat, it all happens in the background when you make a transaction.
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:13:01 PM

Coinjar has also released a bitcoin debit card, although i belive its only availble for Australian customers.
I've had mine for a few months now and it comes in handy.
It does have a $2 AUD fee when used at any ATM which is a bit anoying but i guess you pay for the convenience.

Could you explain the whole functioning and procedure of the bitcoin debit card? I find it very hard to understand how it comes handly unless you're using it for trading/exchange with someone who accepts bitcoins and to what I know the whole bitcoin system is not very out other/popular in the world. Seems impractical to me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: