Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:48:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone ordered Jalapeno / Single SC / Mining Rig SC?  (Read 4271 times)
ragingazn628 (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 09:07:55 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2012, 02:25:57 PM by ragingazn628

Anyone trust Butterfly Lab and pre-ordered? If so do you think it's too late to pre-order now?

How long do I have to wait if I pre-order now? 9/17

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
live627

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 09:22:56 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89685.0
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 10:10:17 PM

They're approaching almost 7000 orders by now. However, BFL_Josh recently said he wants to have all pre-orders shipped before Christmas.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
BobbyJo

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 10:51:32 PM

Does he mean all pre orders or those already ordered now?  If they dont ship till early Nov, they have 6 weeks worth of orders still to come.  That 7k orders could increase dramatically as details start to come out about the hardware!!

Zack

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 10:55:21 PM

Does he mean all pre orders or those already ordered now?  If they dont ship till early Nov, they have 6 weeks worth of orders still to come.  That 7k orders could increase dramatically as details start to come out about the hardware!!

If he stated all, I think it's safe to assume he means all pre-orders.

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 10:41:00 PM

lol so pretty much if u dont get one of these ur out the mining game? difficulty level out the building. everyone w max cards n using max watts gonna have to retire.. hope they broke even. ive been on hiatis last 8 months with some bullshit glad to be back just in time to strike these coinz. Tongue hopefully this is the peak of this technology for a while... im all in.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

- Oscar Wilde
dooferorg

Activity: 163

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 03:34:56 AM

lol so pretty much if u dont get one of these ur out the mining game?

Seems to be about the size of it. I'm going to start small with a Jalepeno, and if it performs well I might get a single for the long-term, hopefully before the ROI is over a year from the difficulty level

BTC: 1dooferoD3vnwgez3Jo1E4bFfgMf81LR2
ZEC: t1gnToN2HZW4GD52kofEVdijhRijWjCNfYi

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 10:58:13 PM

lol im skeptical... i think a u wanna jus go ahead n skip to the 40ghash rigs.. difficulty is gonna spin out of control alot quicker than u think im afraid. 8000+ preorders... things are gonna get ugly real quick.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth.

- Oscar Wilde
Desolator

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 02:44:58 AM

They're approaching almost 7000 orders by now. However, BFL_Josh recently said he wants to have all pre-orders shipped before Christmas.
Oh fuck me, that's 24,500GH/s if they're all Jalapenos, which obviously they're not.  So there goes GPU mining lol.  That puts it, given today's prices, at something like 60% under the cost of electricity.

P.S. sold my two 5830's 6 months ago Cheesy w00t

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 08:28:18 PM

lol right? but im jus sayin be safe n go w a 40ghash rig. jalapenos might not be very profitable. i guess nobody really knows tho but i mean if u sold 2 video cards thro anoth 600$ on it n grab the 1299$ rig. i mean even if THAT rig aint gonna be very profitable, at least u know ur a fuckin boss lol. but ya if u do the math on if all 8000 pre orders are 40ghash rigs... difficulty up23x... keep in mind im jus using that reasoning cuz SOME rich mother F---r gettin those terahash rigs.. id say difficulty 20-25x what it is now by feb. 2013

- Oscar Wilde
Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 08:33:39 PM

I pre ordered a jalapeno with some spare btc I have I do have 2 bfl singles that I'll be upgrading but that wont be until I actually see some actually hardware.

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Desolator

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 10:41:53 PM

lol right? but im jus sayin be safe n go w a 40ghash rig. jalapenos might not be very profitable. i guess nobody really knows tho but i mean if u sold 2 video cards thro anoth 600$ on it n grab the 1299$ rig. i mean even if THAT rig aint gonna be very profitable, at least u know ur a fuckin boss lol. but ya if u do the math on if all 8000 pre orders are 40ghash rigs... difficulty up23x... keep in mind im jus using that reasoning cuz SOME rich mother F---r gettin those terahash rigs.. id say difficulty 20-25x what it is now by feb. 2013
BFL should really release a bit more info but based on past similar devices, the big rigs are just a whole bunch of the same exact chips put together and with better cooling.  40GH/s vs 3.5 strangely divides out to 11.42 chips, but it's likely 12 with some overhead to make it show up as 1 device and split the work up between the chips.

So hey, guess what that means?  Buy a bigger rig, get less MH/s per watt most likely.  The initial hardware price vs MH/s performance is a pretty decent discount though if I remember correctly.  I don't see any sort of potential efficiency boost from putting more chips in it so it's probably less efficient.  I just don't think that it's like 4 chips that happen to be 3x the speed because why wouldn't they release a super jalapeno with 1 of those chips?  And there's just no way in hell it's 1 chip going at 40GH/s.  I don't know the exact data size of hash results and data being fed in but that sounds a hard bus speed to get on something other than a modern computer motherboard.  The results could be held and compared in onboard CPU memory and then tossed with just boolean values coming back out but I don't have any idea what the chip architecture actually looks like so who knows.

RELEASE MOAR INFO, BUTTERFLY LABZ!
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 11:35:03 PM

lol so pretty much if u dont get one of these ur out the mining game? difficulty level out the building. everyone w max cards n using max watts gonna have to retire.. hope they broke even. ive been on hiatis last 8 months with some bullshit glad to be back just in time to strike these coinz. Tongue hopefully this is the peak of this technology for a while... im all in.
Not really, there's a bunch of other ASIC manufacturers coming on stream, I'll have 87Gh/s of capacity ordered by monday  Wink
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 11:42:48 PM

Not really, there's a bunch of other ASIC manufacturers coming on stream, I'll have 87Gh/s of capacity ordered by monday  Wink

You could maybe add 30% more to that 87Gh/s by the time those 2 devices get to you.
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 11:44:51 PM

You could maybe add 30% more to that 87Gh/s by the time those 2 devices get to you.
Based on what exactly? Cablepair's bASICs are predicting November (just like BFL) and the Avalons are due February but are cheap and effective.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 12:30:00 AM

Based on what exactly? Cablepair's bASICs are predicting November (just like BFL) and the Avalons are due February but are cheap and effective.

Cablepair's bASIC's are 27Gh/s min so you could expect a little more output from them. Maybe 20% by the time you get them.

As for Avalon's if they go for power conservation then it may lower the guaranteed 60Gh/s however if they opt to increase the speed over the guaranteed 60Gh/s at the cost of power efficiency then + 10% more.
psilan

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 01:43:11 AM

Oh fuck me, that's 24,500GH/s if they're all Jalapenos, which obviously they're not.  So there goes GPU mining lol.  That puts it, given today's prices, at something like 60% under the cost of electricity.

People need to stop thinking every order number is a paid order.
I had 2 unsuccessful orders before I got my ASIC. Then had another 2 ASIC orders that failed after that before I gave up.

1/5th of my orders are paid!

dip
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 03:26:03 AM

People need to stop thinking every order number is a paid order.
I had 2 unsuccessful orders before I got my ASIC. Then had another 2 ASIC orders that failed after that before I gave up.

1/5th of my orders are paid!
1/7 for me. Bit-pay wasn't working for me. Wink

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
R04dRunn3r

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 05:43:49 PM

I pre-ordered one Jalepeno, order 3617  Smiley
GernMiester

Activity: 285

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 11:17:23 PM

Put all that power in the hands of less than 7000 people.  Way to decentralize BTC..  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: