Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:58:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinroll / Luckyhash / Dicecoin - same codebase. What is it?  (Read 772 times)
keepinquiet (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 151

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 02:43:10 PM

Been compiling my list of the quality of the "provably fair" of dice/gamling sites, as well as reviewing code where possible (the coindice script had a bad rap because of bugs in early versions. Newer versions of the script are tight at heck, people need to know that). It's obvious that coinroll.com, luckyhash.com, and dicecoin.io all use the same code base.

I've just spent 20 minutes trying to find ANY reference to it, and can't find a dang thing. So, unless they are all owned by the same person, which makes zero sense given hosting, DNS registration, use of cloudflare, etc, they came from a code base available online, I am assuming for purchase somewhere.

Anyone have any clue what its based off of? The closest I've gotten is an old post somewhere talking about "hash dice gaming" that quotes the provably fair page of those sites, with a link to a dead website, presumably to purchase or download it.

Any clue?
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 02:55:06 PM

Been compiling my list of the quality of the "provably fair" of dice/gamling sites, as well as reviewing code where possible (the coindice script had a bad rap because of bugs in early versions. Newer versions of the script are tight at heck, people need to know that). It's obvious that coinroll.com, luckyhash.com, and dicecoin.io all use the same code base.

I've just spent 20 minutes trying to find ANY reference to it, and can't find a dang thing. So, unless they are all owned by the same person, which makes zero sense given hosting, DNS registration, use of cloudflare, etc, they came from a code base available online, I am assuming for purchase somewhere.

Anyone have any clue what its based off of? The closest I've gotten is an old post somewhere talking about "hash dice gaming" that quotes the provably fair page of those sites, with a link to a dead website, presumably to purchase or download it.

Any clue?

Imo the first reason may be they purchased from the same supplier, and the other guess is that these sites have the same owner behind.  Cheesy

keepinquiet (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 02:56:55 PM

Any clue?

Imo the first reason may be they purchased from the same supplier, and the other guess is that these sites have the same owner behind.  Cheesy

Yep. Exactly what I said in my post. Thanks for almost reading it.
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 06:42:45 PM

I would be careful playing there unless you can find a review or other evidence that it is legit.
keepinquiet (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:40:10 AM

I would be careful playing there unless you can find a review or other evidence that it is legit.

Lesson learned.

Seriously - just curious if anyone actually READS the post before replying to it.
yoloer808

Activity: 288
Merit: 113

Web dev for hire

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:51:56 AM

Lesson learned.

Seriously - just curious if anyone actually READS the post before replying to it.

Hey post counts are not going to get bumped themselves Wink

That's the name of the game Smiley
alwinlinzee

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 08:58:39 PM

This your website needs exposure and not just to keep it in silence like your profile text, try and throw out some campaign.

tsoPANos

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

In math we trust.

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:05:56 PM

Are you serious? Please put some proof so that we can be able to confirm it.
I tested coinroll.com and luckyhash.com and I can't find any script similarities except from menu names
keepinquiet (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 11:19:08 PM

Are you serious? Please put some proof so that we can be able to confirm it.
I tested coinroll.com and luckyhash.com and I can't find any script similarities except from menu names

Um... are YOU? It stuns me that someone can gamble REAL money on a website and never bother to look into if they are being ripped off or not.

Because, if you HAD, you'd notice that those three sites all use the same exact method to generate your roll - a method NO OTHER SITE (that I am aware of) uses. A daily secret, with your txid, and a nonce. No one else does that.

But, sure, there's a good chance that's a coincidence.

Except for the fact the very text on their individual verification pages are identical! It's the SAME EXACT page. Coinroll added some stuff, dicecoin added some stuff about using a mersenne twister.

If you are making your own dice site, I understand copying methods. I understand copying layout. If you're crap, I understand even copying the fonts used in the menus.

But to copy the ENTIRE text of the verification page, word for word, and then in go back and edit it a little? Really? Even using odd terminology like "generate a stream of numbers"?

There's about 100 more things that are identical. That one is the most glaring and the first that I noticed.

flippy

Activity: 117
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 04:17:49 AM

If there is a shared codebase here then I'm also curious what it is, but many sites copy (sometimes inaccurately) or adapt their methods from other sites, including the text to describe it, and I think that's all that happened here. Many older sites used methods involving a daily secret and txid, though there were different ways of handling the nonce.

Twipple

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 05:03:52 PM

Could be that they are using the same script and have made minor changes to the script, which could be the reason they look the same. They could also be all owned by the same person.
keepinquiet (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 05:06:24 PM

Could be that they are using the same script and have made minor changes to the script, which could be the reason they look the same. They could also be all owned by the same person.

Again, all things I already said in my original post.

I was asking if anyone knew WHAT the script WAS.
Twipple

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 05:43:35 PM

Again, all things I already said in my original post.

I was asking if anyone knew WHAT the script WAS.

Sorry I just looked at the title and the pictures and thought that was your question.  Its not necessary that the script was available for sale at any time.
The developer might have simply copied from Coinroll  and might not be selling it. However since the developer for both the sites are still active, you can just send them a message and ask about the script .

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: