Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:19:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Honest Bob's thread of ponzi ponzi ponzi rustyryan  (Read 1563 times)
finkleshnorts (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 06:01:35 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2012, 06:32:59 AM by honest bob

I'm no professional poker player, but I still like to argue on the internet.

I have different opinions about many long-term offers that I won't share (because I like making friends, not enemies).

But... RustyRyan? Come on...

P.S. I've got a few bitcoins lying around to bet... Rusty defaults by May 2013. Escrowed bets only.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 06:30:26 AM

I guess if you create enough doubt to cause a bank run and the investment scheme survives then its a win  Smiley

PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 07:01:28 AM

A duck floats because it's lighter than wood.  If she burns it means she's made of wood.

(I did actually get some financials from RustyRyan before posting a rating Smiley  )
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 01:19:54 PM

I'd call ponzi if it weren't for the A- credit rating from PatrickHarnett. My money's still staying away, though.

I'm not going to tell anyone what to do with their money, but I'd advise they don't send it to Rusty.

Patrick, do you have his ID?
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 08:05:09 PM

I'd call ponzi if it weren't for the A- credit rating from PatrickHarnett. My money's still staying away, though.

I'm not going to tell anyone what to do with their money, but I'd advise they don't send it to Rusty.

I only have 10BTC with RustyRyan.  The longevity of his deposits is yet to be seen, and that is why the rating is lower than a comparable person that has been around for six months.  Maybe I should have used a 1-10 scale - would that have been better?

ID was not provided.  I received this question a few days ago and I recommended that person seek it directly.  The system can not force of compel deposit takers to provide all of the details, nor is there some third party audit or regulation in place to protect the unwise.  If you want to deposit with him and are unsure - ask RustyRyan the questions - that's what he is there for.

I'll state it again, the WPW thread is a collection of information that provides a starting point for people to do some of their own research.  It saves me answering a lot of questions that I was receiving by pm because I was getting asked for recommendations of where to place funds.  Also, without an attempt by anyone to do this (even if I get called names for doing so), it would be blank, and having an alternative could be quite useful.
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 08:45:45 PM

I only have 10BTC with RustyRyan.  The longevity of his deposits is yet to be seen, and that is why the rating is lower than a comparable person that has been around for six months.  Maybe I should have used a 1-10 scale - would that have been better?

ID was not provided.  I received this question a few days ago and I recommended that person seek it directly.  The system can not force of compel deposit takers to provide all of the details, nor is there some third party audit or regulation in place to protect the unwise.  If you want to deposit with him and are unsure - ask RustyRyan the questions - that's what he is there for.

I'll state it again, the WPW thread is a collection of information that provides a starting point for people to do some of their own research.  It saves me answering a lot of questions that I was receiving by pm because I was getting asked for recommendations of where to place funds.  Also, without an attempt by anyone to do this (even if I get called names for doing so), it would be blank, and having an alternative could be quite useful.

Patrick,

Here is one of your actual credit ratings:

Quote from: PatrickHarnett
   User_name      Weekly      Monthly      Since      Credit Rating      Notes      Link   
   RustyRyan   3.00%      -      28-Jul-12      A-      10 coin/4 week minimum, weekly payout      https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=96163.0   

The fact that you give an "A-" rating to a guy in business for less than 2 months offering to borrow as much money as possible at 3% per week is offensive to any man of science 

Why the mods decide to sticky misinformation like this is beyond me.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 02:11:44 AM

Perhaps I'm taking the ratings wrong; they're not ratings backed by you. "A-" at this point is only relative, and does not state any specific probability of default. "A-" is currently the lowest rating.
Shadow383

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 02:40:25 AM

What would be required for someone to get a B or C credit rating?  Huh
PatrickHarnett

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 03:04:50 AM

Yes, the ratings are relative.  The various metrics that are shown are ranked 0 to 6.  There are some people don't wish to actually do any actual research or reading before they throw their money away so they gloss over all the things they should do before investing, and it is hard to save people from themselves. 

Most of what is over in the WPW thread is copied from the posts of the people concerned.  It's not a particularly subjective process either.  And, having first done some work on it back in May (i.e months ago) and consistently inviting comments and feedback, it seems finally to have actually occurred - although in a rather disjointed and personal attack kind of process.

Back to Honest Bob's OP - yes, it is interesting that people can pop up and ask for loans and/or promise interest on deposits and rake in quite large sums (TheBitMan springs to mind).  I have seen people take 300BTC loans for shonky deals, I even provided some loans that turned into turkeys, but in each case I'll do an assessment first.  Not always perfect, but better than nothing nothing and then bleating about it.  And I'll say it again (because some people simply don't want to hear the message), do your research.
Eisenberg

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 03:10:34 AM

What would be required for someone to get a B or C credit rating?  Huh

Patrick gave this when he first started the credit ratings, don't know if it's been revised since then though.

Financial
Liquid Assets: Those able to be redeemed within 48 hours - includes cash held at an exchange.
Assets: Typically investments in fixed term deposits or extended as loans.
Investments: Stocks, bonds and investments in BTC enterprises that are not necessarily liquid.

Nett Income: Average monthly income for the last 3 months.
Bad debts: Total of bad debts to Assets for the last 3 months. 

Current Liabilities: Payable within 1 month.
Term liabilities: Payable later than one month.

Non-Financial
Identity verification (generally accepted people know who you are in real life)
Length of time in "business" (months)
Operation of limits on accounts.
Disaster recovery procedures (Y/N)
Prior late or missed payments.

Non-Financial
Identity verification (generally accepted people know who you are in real life)
Length of time in "business" (months)
Operation of limits on accounts.
Disaster recovery procedures (Y/N)
Prior late or missed payments within the last six months.

Ratios

-------------------------------AAA   AA   A   BBB   BB   B   C   
Liabilities / monthly income less than   3   6   9   12   18   24   -   
Bad debt ratio less than   0   2   4   6   8   10   -   
Current_liabilities_/_Liquid_Assets_less_than1   1.5   2   2.5   3   5   -   
Liabilities_/_Assets_less_than   0.5   0.75   0.9   1   1.1   1.25   -   
Time in "business" months   12   6   5   4   3   2   1   

Modifiers - to move from one category to another takes three points.
ID verified: +1
Account limits: If current limits maintain or improve ratios, +1, otherwise -1.
Disaster recovery: +1
Prior late/missed payments: -3 per event.
finkleshnorts (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 10:57:42 PM

RustyRyan now claims to have 1090 BTC. So far he has returned pricipal of just over 15 BTC.

Talk is cheap, trust is cheaper.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 11:15:23 PM

If anyone wants to bet, here's my Bet Escrow thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=104494.0

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: