Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:05:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitInstant's Trip to Brazil - Global Payments Forum  (Read 6080 times)
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 02:05:12 AM

As some of you know, Charlie and I were in Rio this week for NACHA's Global Payments Forum. NACHA is the organization that sets rules for the US ACH system. Our presentation went very well, and we made some great connections with those in the "traditional banking" world.

I prepared a (fairly long) blog post about the trip, enjoy!

http://blog.bitinstant.com/blog/2012/9/15/brazil-and-the-global-payments-forum.html

If anyone would like a copy of our powerpoint presentation (feel free to use it in your own endeavors - please credit us if appropriate): https://www.dropbox.com/s/lm3oojd7aalbnvl/BitInstant_NACHA_Presentation.ppt

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 02:18:31 AM

Wow very interesting story, you guys are doing a great job!

Severian

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 02:50:57 AM

In other words, BitInstant was processing 1/5th of the monthly payments of Chile’s internal payment.

Brain exploded.
dissipate

Activity: 288

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 02:58:21 AM

Great story! I have a bad feeling that once these bankers and regulators find out more about Bitcoin, they may become a lot less friendly. Keep up the good work!  Grin
dancingnancy

Activity: 661
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 03:11:32 AM

This was really cool, thanks for sharing.  If you don't mind I may use some of this information for my presentation for class (see here .. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109315.0)

If you have anything that you think may be interesting to add, please let me know.

Thanks-
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 03:12:27 AM

Great story! I have a bad feeling that once these bankers and regulators find out more about Bitcoin, they may become a lot less friendly. Keep up the good work!  Grin

It will take a long time before they ever take Bitcoin seriously. During that time, we need to work, build, and develop.
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 03:13:26 AM

This was really cool, thanks for sharing.  If you don't mind I may use some of this information for my presentation for class (see here .. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109315.0)

If you have anything that you think may be interesting to add, please let me know.

Thanks-

Use whatever you'd like!
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 03:16:50 AM

“well, then it’s likely the regulators will go after the infrastructure – they’ll go after the server farms.”  To this, Charlie held up his laptop, and said, “but this is the farm!” Clearly the speaker didn’t yet comprehend the awesome power of Bitcoin. He didn’t realize there are no farms to seize, and this is one of the top legal counsels to The Federal Reserve.

This is why bitcoin will crush them. They don't even understand what they're up against. They won't understand it until it's running over them. I'm envious as hell that you two got to do that. Is there video?
dancingnancy

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 03:19:25 AM

This was really cool, thanks for sharing.  If you don't mind I may use some of this information for my presentation for class (see here .. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109315.0)

Thanks-

Use whatever you'd like!

Can you elaborate more on what you did to transfer those coins to people that sent you an E-Mail?

I wanted to do something like that for the class, but was going to pass out USB sticks with individual wallets on each.  Then send them coins in real time after the presentation is finishing up.

Thanks
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 03:21:12 AM

This was really cool, thanks for sharing.  If you don't mind I may use some of this information for my presentation for class (see here .. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109315.0)

Thanks-

Use whatever you'd like!

Can you elaborate more on what you did to transfer those coins to people that sent you an E-Mail?

I wanted to do something like that for the class, but was going to pass out USB sticks with individual wallets on each.  Then send them coins in real time after the presentation is finishing up.

Thanks

To every attendee who sent us an email, we emailed back 0.1 BTC via Coinapult.com
dancingnancy

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 03:39:10 AM

Thanks-

Use whatever you'd like!

I wanted to do something like that for the class, but was going to pass out USB sticks with individual wallets on each.  Then send them coins in real time after the presentation is finishing up.

Thanks

To every attendee who sent us an email, we emailed back 0.1 BTC via Coinapult.com

OK.  I checked out that website - when you performed this action, I am assuming you had to fill out this form individually every time?  Or a unique one for each E-Mail address given?  Is there a way that you know of to put let's say 20 unique addresses, separated by commas or something, and then instantly send them out that way?

This coinapult is pretty nice though, I must say.  I'll have to play around with it a little more.
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 03:41:23 AM

Thanks-

Use whatever you'd like!

I wanted to do something like that for the class, but was going to pass out USB sticks with individual wallets on each.  Then send them coins in real time after the presentation is finishing up.

Thanks

OK.  I checked out that website - when you performed this action, I am assuming you had to fill out this form individually every time?  Or a unique one for each E-Mail address given?  Is there a way that you know of to put let's say 20 unique addresses, separated by commas or something, and then instantly send them out that way?

This coinapult is pretty nice though, I must say.  I'll have to play around with it a little more.

You can set something up with Coinapult's API:  http://coinapult.com/api
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 07:14:17 AM

This was a super fun trip.

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 09:12:34 AM

"The absurd puritan tyranny of America is made all too clear when travelling abroad."

Having been in Thailand for more than a decade now I can't help roll my eyes when I hear an American acting like they invented freedom.

Very interesting writeup on your trip. Thx.

evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 04:23:32 PM

"The absurd puritan tyranny of America is made all too clear when travelling abroad."

Having been in Thailand for more than a decade now I can't help roll my eyes when I hear an American acting like they invented freedom.

Very interesting writeup on your trip. Thx.

Astoundingly, only 25% of Americans even have a passport, meaning the majority have never left the country... not once. Yet, without observing for themselves, they assume they live in a bastion of freedom when a trip in almost any direction would show them the absurdity of that notion.
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 04:59:43 PM

You're brave, good at writing and just awesome. I'm now officially a fan of yours!

This was refreshing.
evoorhees (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 05:03:10 PM

You're brave, good at writing and just awesome. I'm now officially a fan of yours!

This was refreshing.

Thanks, I write good whenever I can Wink
dissipate

Activity: 288

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 05:07:38 PM

This was refreshing.

Thanks, I write well whenever I can Wink

Fixed. Wink
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 05:24:39 PM

This was refreshing.

Thanks, I write well whenever I can Wink

Fixed. Wink

That whoosh you hear is the sound of something going over your head  Grin
Domrada

Activity: 254

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 06:17:59 PM

Now you've kicked the hornets nest. Awakened the sleeping giant. Yanked the tail of the tiger.

Keep up the good work!

DataTrading
TRADE FORECASTING BY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
¦
PRE-SALE SPECIAL  30%  BONUS   
Pre sale starts on 11.20.2017 9:00 UTC
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: