Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:24:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do with a million dollars worth of customer data?  (Read 2817 times)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:53:41 PM

Are you trying to sell it here? Couldn't understand from your post...
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:57:34 PM

how could i possibly be risking jail time?

One of the nasty side-effects of stealing.

you guys are really looking at this the wrong way...

Its due to people like you that I get tons of shit in my physical mailbox because I wasn't careful who I left my mailing address with.

Its due to people like me that you will be caught eventually, and will pay the price.
Cm5xng

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 03:41:23 PM

You could keep your sources "unknown" resell the data to advertising/cpa companies, of course you will need to filter all this data; take out all financial sums and other confidential information before attempting to sell.
ryann

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 05:26:48 PM

Possibly ruin many families lives so you can profit. You sound like scum to me if you do anything with this data. It is also illegal. IDentity theft etc
underminer

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 07:37:38 PM

If this is true and not an attempt to make bitcoin look bad (or who knows what else you are hoping to do with this post) I think the best thing you could do to try to make a profit off of it is to post your actual workplace to see if you can find some potential buyers for your product.  Until then its just a guy making a big claim...

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
reeses
Donator

Activity: 151

Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 08:24:14 PM

Possibly ruin many families lives so you can profit. You sound like scum to me if you do anything with this data. It is also illegal. IDentity theft etc

He's criminal scum even if he doesn't to anything with it.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 01:37:19 PM

Removed? No. It should be kept as a testament to stupidity at least until the OP starts his vacation in Hotel "pound me in the ass"
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 01:42:27 PM

If you are lucky, the police will catch you. If the cassino's "associates" catch you...  Embarrassed

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
jquiroga

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 01:52:37 PM

Now we know why they fired you.
underminer

Activity: 210

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 01:56:51 PM

Looks like the poster didn't like the attention after all, no more posts...

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 02:02:08 PM

Start a competitor to your past employer with the data as seed data. Never sell it. Never share it.

People are getting worked up over the ethics of this data. Every sales person in the world takes their client list with them when they leave or are fired from their employer. Sales people are poached by competitors solely because they have know the client list of the competition. Sales, biz dev, press officers, CxOs are all poached by competitors for their data and connections. The business world is a brutal place when you see it from the executive level. Ethics quickly go out the window when you deal with 8+ figure revenues and profits.

Take them across the street and sell them to Jerry Graff.

I need the Glengarry leads!

The Glengarry leads would be wasted on someone like you!

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 02:07:20 PM

It's a mailing list right? Name, Address, Contact info? If you manage to sell it, fly out of London immediately and go live in a third world country. You can come to mine. Then I can help you get set up with a new identity and have armed body guards and your own house in your own island.

After that, we never see each other again (maybe once in awhile) and you take care of yourself from now on.

My commission is very low, like less than 1%. And of course, I accept bitcoin. (Everything else must be paid in cash in fiat money.)

A million dollars (USD) isn't much though.

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 02:10:18 PM

It's a mailing list right? Name, Address, Contact info? If you manage to sell it, fly out of London immediately and go live in a third world country. You can come to mine. Then I can help you get set up with a new identity and have armed body guards and your own house in your own island.

Will his new name be Big Boss and the island house is named Outer Heaven?
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 02:24:10 PM

Metal Gear?

I was thinking it would be somewhere in Scarborough Shoal. But watch out, China is set to invade us anytime. (No offense to anyone Chinese.)

Seriously, you don't need your own island. A home in a gated compound or in a subdivision / village is more than enough. Most of our politicians just stay in similar places and employ only a couple of armed guards. Only the President is armed with a small battalion and 3 (or more) vehicles in his convoy.

Our gambling lords and drug lords just have bomb proof Chevy Suburbans for traveling, and pet tigers as home defense.

Borzoi

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 07:45:03 PM

Start a competitor to your past employer with the data as seed data. Never sell it. Never share it.

People are getting worked up over the ethics of this data. Every sales person in the world takes their client list with them when they leave or are fired from their employer. Sales people are poached by competitors solely because they have know the client list of the competition. Sales, biz dev, press officers, CxOs are all poached by competitors for their data and connections. The business world is a brutal place when you see it from the executive level. Ethics quickly go out the window when you deal with 8+ figure revenues and profits.

Take them across the street and sell them to Jerry Graff.

I need the Glengarry leads!

The Glengarry leads would be wasted on someone like you!

Love this movie.  I watched to learn speaking English.  Did not help as you can tell, but good time anyway.

Fuck you, that's my name!  Is priceless.
Deafboy

Activity: 482
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 08:49:47 PM

It's immoral and illegal.
But... people giving out personal information to strangers on the internet who doesn't really need them for their business... They kind of deserve it.
Borzoi

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:02:23 PM

It's immoral and illegal.
But... people giving out personal information to strangers on the internet who doesn't really need them for their business... They kind of deserve it.

Woman walking down street when she not need to deserve robbed or raped?

Why you to blame victims?  You know circumstances?
SEC agent

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

America, land of the free

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 09:19:30 PM

You should send me the list, I know exactly what to do with it. Send me your personal info as well.

"It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a Free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even of his personal services to the defense of it." -George Washington
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: