Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:37:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maker of Puzzle Finds Few Wanting to Try It  (Read 1162 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 01:59:41 PM

This Is Amazing: Maker of Puzzle Finds Few Wanting to Try It
Creating the Largest Hand-Drawn Maze Presents Challenges; Dead Ends, Pancakes

What if a handful of bitcoiners donning Bitcoin shirts took up the challenge? That would make fun copy for the local (possible national/world) news. The headline would read (and this is not far-fetched): Bitcoiners Solve World's Largest Hand-Drawn Maze.

Here's the easy part: All that would have to be done is to contact Mr. Wos, the creator of said maze, expressing to him that the challenge is accepted. As an added bonus, Bitcoin100 would donate 100 BTC to a charity of his choice provided the charity acknowledges the donation in an acceptable way, preferably to the current guidelines, but a little latitude would be given.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 02:15:50 PM

Wouldn't be fair if we could get a jpeg of it, with black lines on a white background its easy to write a solver that just tries every option until it completes it. If that could be avoided then it could be fun Smiley

The goal would be to do this long-hand, in public, and where Mr. Wos decides to display it. Remember, he'll also want to bring awareness to his brand as well, and we wouldn't want to disrupt that.

~Bruno~
Etlase2

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 02:47:57 PM

Does he print out a new one every time you screw up? Grin

evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 02:54:20 PM

I think if we could figure out how to dedicate all our 25 terahashes/sec to this challenge, it'd be solved before the creator even had time to say, "start!" Smiley
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 03:09:56 PM

I'm pretty sure he could be commissioned to create a maze based on the global banking cartel with the Bitcoin logo being the finish line, but that would be a different project altogether.

To get back on track, I believe Joe Wos is based in Pittsburgh, PA, and it's probably safe to say that that's were the maze will be displayed. That said, it would take a handful of bitcoiners from that area, coupled with a few more arriving from elsewhere, to pull off this stunt I'm envisioning. If I read the copy correctly, the maze is scheduled to be finished by the end of September, so it would be best to express our intentions to Mr. Wos ASAP.

Simply working on the puzzle donning Bitcoin logo shirts would most certainly spark questions about Bitcoin, thus bringing awareness passively. I'm sure Joe would welcome more press via Bitcoin to further his brand.

Most of his characters already seem to be part of this forum.  Grin

~Bruno~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 03:16:38 PM

http://toonseum.blogspot.com/

Imagine: Toonseum proudly serves BitBrew.

Toonseum Rent-A-Room!

If you didn't know it by now the Toonseum is now the hottest rental facility in Downtown Pittsburgh! With the perfect intimate, eclectic setting your next event can be the social event of the year. In the past year, the Toonseum has booked weddings, anniversaries, book signings, film screenings, birthday parties and even a baby shower and we are open to your craziest suggestions!
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 04:44:35 PM

Wow,

I'm glad I read the Wallstreet Journal today!  This article was on the front page.

As some know, I'm in Cleveland, Ohio.  I've reached out to my co-workers in Pittsburgh. If I can find some time, I just might be able to lead the charge on getting a group together to go attempt this.

However, it is estimated that 30-40 hours will be needed to solve.  I'll have to lobby with my wife to see if we can make this a weekend trip... oh wait, I have a friend in Pitt!  Woot!

If I start on Saturday morning, we'll see if we can finish in time to enjoy some football on Sunday... if not, there's always Monday.

I wonder if we should reach out to Mr. Wos to see if he wants to include a bitcoin of a bitcoin or something as well.

Hmmm.. gotta get back to work, but will add this to my to-do list for tonight.

Getting excited!!!!! Woot!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 04:48:26 PM

I dont see Meth addict aardvark, or Crackhead cougar in that picture...

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
giszmo
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1105

WalletScrutiny.com

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 09:29:41 PM

Hmm … evil plan … get hands on some google glass that rules out less obvious dead ends in real time and allows you to semi-greedy draw the solution on the fly. Smiley Writing such an app would be fun when the app gains knowledge of the maze gradually and you have to maybe follow more than one option until the person holding the pen and the glasses approaches the area where the options get resolved.

ɃɃWalletScrutiny.comIs your wallet secure?(Methodology)
WalletScrutiny checks if wallet builds are reproducible, a precondition for code audits to be of value.
ɃɃ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: