Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:38:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbies, how much bitcoin do you have, and how did you get it?  (Read 2208 times)
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 05:13:29 PM

I started with alts... LTC and DOGE mining with my Mac.  My very first BTC transaction was a purchase of 0.1BTC.  I've obtained quite a bit since then through mining, purchases and services.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 05:46:15 PM

Ok please answer me clearly .

-You have no resources to buy bitcoin
-You have no skill to offered to be paid by bitcoin
-You have no digital goods to offered
-You didnt know the bitcointalk forum

As in zero..zero option..

Where you will get bitcoin "FOR THE MEANTIME" I WILL REPEAT "FOR THE MEANTIME".

In the UK we have a place named Cex that pay you for your old dvds, cds, games, phones, etc. I assume most people on here have at least some old crap they can get rid of via similar means or Ebay or the local newspaper.

Declutter and suddenly you've just saved yourself several months of clicking with your eyes hanging out of your head.

If you're in a country with no exchange, no buying service and no localbitcoins activity then I can see why people would do it but otherwise they really should place more value on their time.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 05:48:41 PM

I started with alts... LTC and DOGE mining with my Mac.  My very first BTC transaction was a purchase of 0.1BTC.  I've obtained quite a bit since then through mining, purchases and services.

it is not dumb to have some LTC  Wink  (but forget about all other alts...)

subSTRATA (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 06:00:42 PM

LTC just had a huge jump in price, but doge did too, maybe you shouldnt disregard all the other alts  Wink

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
sana9821

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:54:11 PM

LTC just had a huge jump in price, but doge did too, maybe you shouldnt disregard all the other alts  Wink
most of the price jumps are only because of pumps, i dont think that its worth investing in it too because the price can fall really fast

snappa4ever

Activity: 374

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:55:11 PM

Since mining is hard now, the best option to get BTC is by trading.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
meganburke

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 09:38:41 PM

i have zero bitcoin so far Cheesy but i am working on getting some...

Hey get earn more bitcoin easy following the top bitcoin provider list.
Visit http://fountrain.com/top-faucet/ The Best FAUCETBOX Faucets for Maximum Earning
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 01:40:06 AM

i have zero bitcoin so far Cheesy but i am working on getting some...

Check out some nice faucets, perhaps those in my signature, they pay alot i promise.

I havent saw any other means of earning bitcoin other then faucets!  Smiley

subSTRATA (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:23:17 AM

Since mining is hard now, the best option to get BTC is by trading.

i was thinking about getting into trading at some point; how much are you making monthly with how much capital? also, any good resources to recommend to start reading up on trading?

tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:33:14 AM

I got about a few dollars in my wallet. This is mainly from trading, gambling winnings and mining profits. I'm putting together my portfolio and start offering my skills in exchange for bitcoin (IE getting a job).

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
subSTRATA (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 03:37:37 AM

I got about a few dollars in my wallet. This is mainly from trading, gambling winnings and mining profits. I'm putting together my portfolio and start offering my skills in exchange for bitcoin (IE getting a job).

you might want to consider selling your signature space to a site as well; there are several sites that pay quite well for junior members, take a look at this thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615953.0

LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 04:49:47 PM

doge is and was always a joke. Litecoin and maybe Namecoin are okay and have some value.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 05:38:10 PM

am i a newbie? i guess so... now i dont have too much bitcoin only about 0.1 and now i started to participate in a signature campaign i hope i will get paid for it

i was looking for answers from newbies and junior members, but of course answers from anyone are welcomed, thats what this forum is for. I just want to see how involved people are getting in bitcoin and to what extent.
Can I talk about the time WHEN I was a newbie?

First few days I was just posting on coinchat.org (before TF went rouge) and made a couple bitcents.  After that I started purchasing bitcoins with paypal (the second week) and bought a couple of bitcoin.  Bitcoin was only ~$70 at the time.
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 06:21:00 PM

i have 0.001 bitcoin and i have earned it from using faucets.

0.0004 atm but hopefully will reach to 0.002 by doing faucets
and currently doing sign campaign too

should earn more next week Grin

See . Faucets are not that bad. I hate those people who are bullying faucets. We know its time consuming but this is for the meantime only. After that we can upgrade our ways of earning bitcoins.

Agree with you, faucet is not really bad, although is wasted time. Honestly when i know bitcoin for the first time, i just earn from faucet, until i found another way for earn btc, through trading, doing small task, join sig campaign and more. Time goes by you will find your passion, just doing your passion you will not regret anything.

~iki
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 06:50:32 PM

doge is and was always a joke. Litecoin and maybe Namecoin are okay and have some value.
It was (and is), but I found the community to be mostly pleasant and it was a nice way to get into crypto.  The vast majority of the coins I mined, I sent towards the charitable projects they are always running.  For example, there was some "get water to some poor African village" thing that I donated to early last year.  Also, they had a DOGE NASCAR... that was a pretty fun thing to send coin to as well (although I'm not a NASCAR fan by any stretch of the imagination, I thought it was funny to see DOGE sponsoring the car).

I've long since stopped mining the alts... even at the end of 2013 and early 2014 I wasn't making much of anything just using my Mac's CPU/GPU to mine... then when the scrypt ASICs came out, I stopped altogether.  Instead, I purchased BTC mining hardware (very first ASIC was one of the little Antminer USB sticks - that I've still got plugged in and pointed towards -ck's solo pool) and have been mining BTC ever since.  I've gone through a bunch of hardware (S1s, S2s, S3s, SP10), and have also played around with some cloud mining services.  All told (including my current hardware and mining contracts), I've got ~12TH/s of BTC mining.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 08:34:42 AM

...how much are you making monthly with how much capital? ....
you sound like IRS Cool

i was thinking about getting into trading at some point; .... also, any good resources to recommend to start reading up on trading?
there was a website, don't remember exactly the name but something like trading school or academy, you can learn the basic stuff there. i mostly used google, by searching different stuff and reading a lot. also hanging around in the altcoin/speculation/... places to get the hang of some stuff.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 09:25:24 AM

you sound like IRS Cool

i was thinking about getting into trading at some point; .... also, any good resources to recommend to start reading up on trading?
there was a website, don't remember exactly the name but something like trading school or academy, you can learn the basic stuff there. i mostly used google, by searching different stuff and reading a lot. also hanging around in the altcoin/speculation/... places to get the hang of some stuff.

I think he is just greedy, he wants to know how much you earn.

I think its called KhanAcademy, they teach nice economic lessons there. Its a nonprofit organization all for free.

subSTRATA (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 10:21:14 AM

you sound like IRS Cool

I think its called KhanAcademy, they teach nice economic lessons there. Its a nonprofit organization all for free.

im asking him because profit from trading, I would assume, largely depends on the amount traded as well, if youre trading with 5 dollars, you'd be making a lot less than if you were trading multiple currencies with $1000. im asking because I want to know how much I should set aside if I were to get into trading for an expected income. why are you assuming everyone on here is some sort of bitcoin kleptomaniac?

also, its good to see khan academy expanding into su many subjects, last time I checked out the site I was still in high school and was just using it to learn calculus.

Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 04:38:18 AM

you sound like IRS Cool

im asking him because profit from trading, I would assume, largely depends on the amount traded as well, if youre trading with 5 dollars, you'd be making a lot less than if you were trading multiple currencies with $1000. im asking because I want to know how much I should set aside if I were to get into trading for an expected income. why are you assuming everyone on here is some sort of bitcoin kleptomaniac?

also, its good to see khan academy expanding into su many subjects, last time I checked out the site I was still in high school and was just using it to learn calculus.
i was just kidding about the IRS thing Cheesy
but if you want to start trading and haven't done that before i'd say you start with the minimum amount possible. because if you start big then your losses will be big too and that will cause you to give up.
after a while that you get comfortable enough, you can increase the investment.
the amount you invest totally depends on you and how you can profit from the market, it can be from 0.1BTC to 100BTC for profiting.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pips

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

If life gives you lemons, make orange juice.

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 05:21:20 AM

Alts are pretty much ignored and shunned, but they're actually pretty good.

If life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave them wondering how you did it.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: