Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:19:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I just can't understand trust system  (Read 879 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6099

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:15:44 PM

I'am the only one who don't understand this system ? is a unique system or used in every Simple machines forum software ?

Anyway ... I don't get it :
It says : 0: -0 / +1 (I got one trusted feedback)
Amph(hope you don't have problem for using you as example) : 10: -0 / +1 (He got two trusted feedbacks)

So how come he have that "10" & +1 (and he have two trusted feedbacks) and I have 0 & +1 (while I have one feedback) I don't understand anything , for each user it's different ..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 01:25:44 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2015, 01:37:26 PM by shorena

I'am the only one who don't understand this system ? is a unique system or used in every Simple machines forum software ?

Amph(hope you don't have problem for using you as example) : 10: -0 / +1 (He got two trusted feedbacks)

So how come he have that "10" & +1 (and he have two trusted feedbacks) and I have 0 & +1 (while I have one feedback) I don't understand anything , for each user it's different ..

The "ten" (or your "zero") will grow over time (10 months), thus older ratings have more weight.

Edit: fixed error.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:29:03 PM

The "ten" (or your "one") will grow over time (10 months), thus older ratings have more weight.

Got even more confused , why you are comparing his "ten" with my "+1" instead of comparing "+1" with "+1" or "ten" with "zero" I have

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:35:26 PM

The first number is your trust score.

The second number is the number of unique scam reports (number of people that have sent you a negative rating). The negative ratings that all the scam reports are worth is equal to 2^n with n being the number of scam reports.

The third number is the number of positive ratings the user has received. Each rating is worth a maximum of 10 points and adds one point to the user's trust score for each month since the rating was left.

If you have any negative ratings, then in order to have a positive rating then all your ratings prior to the first negative rating will be ignored and the net number of points must be positive.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 01:36:39 PM

The "ten" (or your "one") will grow over time (10 months), thus older ratings have more weight.

Got even more confused , why you are comparing his "ten" with my "+1" instead of comparing "+1" with "+1" or "ten" with "zero" I have

Sorry, I meant your 0. The number in the first place is your overal score. The number in the middle indicates negative ratings and the number to the right positive ratings. A single positive rating adds up to 10 points to your overal score.

Hexcoin

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:36:43 PM

0: -0 / +1
This is the number of trusted positive feedback

10: -0 / +1
This number increases by 1 each month per trusted feedback you have so if you have 2 trusted feedback you will have an increase of 2 per month
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:41:36 PM

All i know about trust system is:

2nd one depicts the number of negative feedback you received and are valid.
3rd one depicts the number of positive feedback you received.

And you asked that Amph got 10 rating how?
the answer from my view is that the positive feedback grows at maximum 10 with time , for ach month +1 from the date it was added.
your feedback will also grow to 2 with next month and so on.

OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:42:45 PM

Thanks for all of you Grin
Now and after months of using this forum I understood how it works, feels good not to be a newbie Grin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hayabusa911

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:41:27 PM

The thing I don't like about the trust system is it allows any "trusted" member to harm the reputation of another user with the click of a button.
I understand why (on this site) it is necessary but It would be nice if we just used "karma" or whatever to judge each other for being helpful/stand up member of the forum. Now that you can just buy other peoples accounts makes the trust thing even more sketchy.
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 02:56:37 PM

I don't understand how the numbers come about either but it's due to my laziness. I didn't care to read up on it because the more time I am here, the more I feel the score is kind of distorted.

The thing I don't like about the trust system is it allows any "trusted" member to harm the reputation of another user with the click of a button.

This is partly the reason I believe it is distorted. Make enemies with a trusted member and your account is stained, not even mods can help you.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 03:13:49 PM

One more question since I see thread still active , How much should I wait to become green ? 1 month from now I will have 1: -0/+1 , correct?
(tell me if it's corerct pls) , also when it becomes green I mean .. I guess trust score = 1 should still black , right ? then green then green bold or something

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 07:02:52 PM

One more question since I see thread still active , How much should I wait to become green ? 1 month from now I will have 1: -0/+1 , correct?
(tell me if it's corerct pls) , also when it becomes green I mean .. I guess trust score = 1 should still black , right ? then green then green bold or something

1 is black, yes.

5 is green[1], but Im not entirely sure if 4 is still black or green already. IIRC a score of 5 is the first to be light green.

[1] e.g. -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=223182 (at least on my list)

olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:08:16 PM

10 is his Trust Score. You may read this topic if you want to understand how trust score is compute.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=337207.0
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 08:23:14 AM

1 is black, yes.

5 is green[1], but Im not entirely sure if 4 is still black or green already. IIRC a score of 5 is the first to be light green.

[1] e.g. -> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=223182 (at least on my list)

Yes I see him green too , speaking about lists what does that list where there is "defaultTrust" does exactly ? isn't that useless because you can put any name ... when he give you it become trusted feedback , right ? but no body else sees it Shocked so how that list help on anything ?
or when you get added by several persons , theymos add you to defaultTrust ? if not people get added on defaulttrust based on what

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 08:39:18 AM

1 is black, yes.

Yes I see him green too , speaking about lists what does that list where there is "defaultTrust" does exactly ? isn't that useless because you can put any name ... when he give you it become trusted feedback , right ? but no body else sees it Shocked so how that list help on anything ?
or when you get added by several persons , theymos add you to defaultTrust ? if not people get added on defaulttrust based on what

Im not entirely sure how people end up on the DefaultTrust (DT) list to be honest. I was added by BadBear a while back, but we never talked about why. My assumption is that I was either suggested or BadBear directly thinks my feedbacks are valueable.

Besides beeing on DT or not you can still modify your personal list. It is indeed not seen by others so it makes no sense to add people that gave you a positive rating in order to boost your own rating.

It makes sense however to add people that have either a good trust list or directly post feedback valuable to you. E.g. if you consider the trust ratings of Bob (just an example) helpful, but they are not on DT it makes sense for you to add Bob to your personal list, because now Bobs ratings will show under trusted and directly influence the trust score you see if Bob left a rating.

You can also explicitly remove someone from your personal list. E.g. if you consider the ratings of Alice (another example) not helpful, but Alice is on the DT list, you can remove her with ~Alice from your personal list. Alice raings will still show, but not as "trusted" and they will not influence the trust score you see.

Another thing - as said above - is that, e.g. Eve might maintain a good personal trust list with plenty people you think give helpful ratings. You could now do some research and figure out who exactly is on Eve's list every week or you just add Eve to your list. Since the default setting is "Depth 2". Now not only Eve was added to your list, but also transitive everyone that is also on Eve's list. You also inherit the exclusions from Eve AFAIK.

If you go to the trust settings page[1] you will see by default a depth view, but you can change it at the bottom to a "Hierarchical view" which will show you who is trusted or excluded by whom in your personal trust network.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust

OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 08:53:53 AM

1 is black, yes.

Im not entirely sure how people end up on the DefaultTrust (DT) list to be honest. I was added by BadBear a while back, but we never talked about why. My assumption is that I was either suggested or BadBear directly thinks my feedbacks are valueable.

Besides beeing on DT or not you can still modify your personal list. It is indeed not seen by others so it makes no sense to add people that gave you a positive rating in order to boost your own rating.

It makes sense however to add people that have either a good trust list or directly post feedback valuable to you. E.g. if you consider the trust ratings of Bob (just an example) helpful, but they are not on DT it makes sense for you to add Bob to your personal list, because now Bobs ratings will show under trusted and directly influence the trust score you see if Bob left a rating.

You can also explicitly remove someone from your personal list. E.g. if you consider the ratings of Alice (another example) not helpful, but Alice is on the DT list, you can remove her with ~Alice from your personal list. Alice raings will still show, but not as "trusted" and they will not influence the trust score you see.

Another thing - as said above - is that, e.g. Eve might maintain a good personal trust list with plenty people you think give helpful ratings. You could now do some research and figure out who exactly is on Eve's list every week or you just add Eve to your list. Since the default setting is "Depth 2". Now not only Eve was added to your list, but also transitive everyone that is also on Eve's list. You also inherit the exclusions from Eve AFAIK.

If you go to the trust settings page[1] you will see by default a depth view, but you can change it at the bottom to a "Hierarchical view" which will show you who is trusted or excluded by whom in your personal trust network.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust

Now that was a long text Shocked But it worth it I finally understood how it works for the first time , I still have to say that Bitcointalk trust system is the most complicated system on the whole web , most of the other forums have a simple vouch/reputation system .
thank you shorena & sorry for wastin' your time

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 09:04:52 AM

-snip-
Now that was a long text Shocked But it worth it I finally understood how it works for the first time , I still have to say that Bitcointalk trust system is the most complicated system on the whole web , most of the other forums have a simple vouch/reputation system .
thank you shorena & sorry for wastin' your time

Its my decision to "waste" my time here, dont worry about it. Smiley

photon_coin

Activity: 310
Merit: 256

Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 09:38:01 AM

The trust system is honestly quite complex , I think I understand the btc source code better than the trust system but a few of you here did a good job of outlining it !!

mmmaybe

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 01:46:27 AM

The trust system is not a "trust system". It's simple the admin's fun with the site, to create something no-one understands and ask constant questions about.

And tell very little about the member's trust.

Wink

Looking forward to when we see they will keep it the new software being developed.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: