Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:29:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: econnomics  (Read 895 times)
Glaedr (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 04:28:06 PM

is bitcoin more economical in remote areas ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 05:26:05 PM

That is a very vague question. Is Bitcoin more economical than what? There are some areas of the world where Bitcoin is more stable than the local currency (if that's what you are talking about).

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 06:59:10 PM

i think he mean if bitcoin cost less in some area, maybe you can find someone that would sell it under the market price, in the market section, or on localbitcoin

otherwise i can't understand it if he mean something else
melody82

Activity: 378
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:01:20 PM

Maybe he means does it make more sense to own it in some areas?  If the political climate is bad, like in Greece, and there is a threat to bank holdings, then yes it may be better to hold bitcoins.  But in general you need to make the decision for yourself.  Also you can put offers on LBC to buy below market price, but it is not guaranteed that anyone will trade with you.
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:10:31 PM

If your question was directed toward "remote areas" as in less developed areas, then I think it is difficult to say. First of all, you need a computer or phone to use Bitcoins. This needs electricity, which assumes some sort of electrical grid or other power source and internet or cellular network. The question here would be, who do you trade with in the local community?

I would say in such situations it is doubtful. If you would like to use Bitcoin locally, but it is not accepted then it is probably of little use to you.
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 10:35:31 AM

Bitcoin is more economical in every area.

Just last Sunday I bought something on ebay. 20 mins later I get an email from ebay saying they removed the item page because the seller's account had been accessed by an unauthorized 3rd party. So I went to PayPal and cancelled my payment. But a withdrawal still hit by bank account on the following Monday. It took 2 more days (Wed) for the money to finally appear in my PayPal account and another 2 days (Fri) to be transferred back to my bank. And it didn't even earn interest.

Had I paid with Bitcoin instead with a triple-sig escrow address, Paypal could have returned my money to my wallet the same afternoon.

What was the seller's name? The same thing happened with a week back. The only difference in our stories is that the seller sent me his last commodity before shutting down. It was the first time I paid with bitcoin Smiley
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 03:15:59 PM

Bitcoin transactions are nearly cost free! It especially fits for remote area transferring without the middle party.

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
ThEmporium

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 08:12:50 PM

If you clearly mentioned the name of the remote areas, it would be better to understand and suggest accordingly, some of the remote areas are even do not operate their mainstream bank branches, by the way which country part are you talking about ?
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 08:42:24 PM

If you notice places like greece are in a financial situation that needs it the most.

It may not be remote, but its a perfect example of how bitcoin is needed desperately.

Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 12:31:44 PM

If you notice places like greece are in a financial situation that needs it the most.

It may not be remote, but its a perfect example of how bitcoin is needed desperately.

I am not sure if bitcoin is needed the most in Greece or if it would be the solution. On an individual level, yes, maybe. However on a country scale, probably not.

Freezing accounts and such is a consequence of deeper lying things and not the cause of the trouble. If you had Bitcoins, you would be safe (which can be cool yes, although only until the price drops by 100$ overnight and you see your life's earnings halved), but probably not the country as a whole.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 02:37:13 PM

That's a very strange question. If you define economy as giving good value or return in relation to the money, time, or effort expended..What are are you comparing it with? If you mean if it is cheap in some countries, then maybe. There are a lot of countries of in this world and there are a lot of different salary schemes in a country. 'Maybe'. They might be cheap, they might not. Depends on n number of scenarios.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 06:28:37 PM

I think he just means economic in the simple, every day definition which basically means "cheaper". My immediate answer would have been: no, it isn't. I doubt it, people want maximum profit, so most likely they are delivering bitcoin at market price or sightly lower (or sightly higher). Basically what we see in localbitcoins.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 04:18:40 PM

Enigmatic question with enigmatic meaning words in it. Compared to which is more economic? Which are the remote areas. For me a remote area is 2 hours away from my home. If this is true and if we compare the bitcoin with the money of my country the answer will be. Bitcoin is not known at all in my remote areas so have no sense to speak about the problem if it is economical or not.
NoRespect

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 04:31:16 PM

it all depends on the internet connection at their disposal
if they have an internet connection fast enough I guess yes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: