Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:01:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets "accidentally" show the bitcoin logo on live TV  (Read 881 times)
ajareselde (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 07:53:06 PM

So, what do you think is the reason there's a bitcoin logo in the background ? Someone trying to tell us something ?

Anyways, heres the link to the actual video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDST9jqEfR8

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3bbdyj/lets_show_the_bitcoin_logo/
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PolarPoint

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 08:06:12 PM

Is this for real? Bitcoin logo on live TV?

I think he is just a bitcoin supporter and did it for the kicks. The Greeks are using Euro now and withdrawing as much Euro as possible form banks. Greeks don't need Bitcoin now.
ajareselde (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 08:14:34 PM

Is this for real? Bitcoin logo on live TV?

I think he is just a bitcoin supporter and did it for the kicks. The Greeks are using Euro now and withdrawing as much Euro as possible form banks. Greeks don't need Bitcoin now.

Yes, it's for real, and there's a link to youtube video in op, so you can see for yourself.

The guy is a trader afaik, so there may be something to that more than just "for the kicks". It's true that they are withdrawing, but there's a limit to that option, and many speculate that
there will be capital controls, which will then lead to riots and god knows what else.

cheers
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 08:31:10 PM

It's cool, he's probably getting more people's attention to Bitcoin with it.

Also Russia Today has always been pretty supportive of Bitcoin, mainly because of Max Keiser I think but who cares.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 06:30:35 AM

I think it is the user in bitcointalk flix

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=5507

https://www.youtube.com/user/gallatinfx

Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 06:48:05 AM

Interesting. He is bitcoin business man? Looks like he is managing some broker. Cmiiw.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 07:16:03 AM

I like this idea and guerilla marketing methods:) and yeah, he is some bitcoin trader and economist..
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 07:59:00 AM

I like this idea and guerilla marketing methods:) and yeah, he is some bitcoin trader and economist..

Its becoming more popular to drop bitcoin into media as if its the natural answer, they dont even need to mention it because obviously right.  The question is how planned the marketing is, in this case it looks pretty planned. Grin
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 08:27:01 AM

this is the definition of bitcoin propaganda, well i don't see somethign wrong with it, as long as people can recognize it

because if he was , maybe, trying to move the attention to bitcoin, no one will care if they don't know what that thing represent
ajareselde (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:15:37 AM

Its becoming more popular to drop bitcoin into media as if its the natural answer, they dont even need to mention it because obviously right.  The question is how planned the marketing is, in this case it looks pretty planned. Grin

Because it may seam to some as natural answer, is exactly why it was placed there imho. But still, many of the general population won't even recognize it's symbol, until
later on, when they see it again in some news that actually talk about related subject.
Given the fact that this guy is a trader, i'm confident how it was planned, like "planting a bug in someones ear" , but i don't mind  Roll Eyes

cheers
Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 05:46:24 AM

I appreciate how he tried to get some attention in the media to bitcoin on the down low, maybe he did it for the kicks, maybe he did it to give a signal that some interesting days are coming... Let's hope it all works in our favor and also saves Greece.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 06:04:35 AM

Well if he did do it on purpose to promote Bitcoin then obviously he didn't think long and hard about it. The vast majority of people will not even know it's the Bitcoin logo, he should have included at the very least the word 'Bitcoin', maybe even a phrase with the words 'crypto currency'. That way curious people who have no clue what the words mean would be able to google them. Having said that, it's nice enough promotion as it is  Smiley
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 08:35:51 AM

I think it's great, for the people who follow this news channel and this program, they would get curious as to what was this logo behind this guy, maybe they'll ask their friends or search online and some of them might get to learn that it's a Bitcoin Logo and they'll try to find out more of it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████