Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:10:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [DEV]BMF 0.1 [A RaspPi Project]  (Read 544 times)
Darktongue (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 10:58:24 PM

So a few weeks back I posted that my local Linux club would be talking crypto currency. Sure enough it's been an obsession since. Members have been setting up .bit sites with the namecoin I gave them as a means to demonstrate. Some of these sites I'm sure will wind up being presented here. Durning the whole lecture. The idea of a RaspPi "Hardwallet" was spoken by me... Sure enough  I was challenged to a new project that I will gladly take on.

I've been taken by this little device... The fact that I had 90% of the shit needed to fire it up as an operational computer just brought me to a techno orgasm I haven't felt since i pressed the power button on my NES back in 1988. Seriously who doesn't have the means to cheaply obtain a USB keyboard and mouse for under $15 or even free.. RCA Video cable for ziltch.. Network cable that you can pretty much go down to any phone company and obtain free.. or a micro USB cable and charger adapter for the wall that hey... Most if not all devices use anymore(share the love). And of course the SD card. I have countless SDHC cards between myself and my wife's hardware... It's insane.... Recycle Recycle... It still works!

If you have to buy all that shit you can do so along with the pi for under $75

Now, that does bring us to the OS itself. I've seen many linux distros product by members.. Each one carries something useful not found in the next one. Lets face it to each linux user is own methods. Some are just basic and others are completely fucking bloated to the point it's really a pain in the ass to do anything with them... but again to each is own.

What I'm looking to do is create something for the Pi that can be totally user configured.. a Pre Loader inn a sence. If a user wants to store more then just his bitcoin he or she could during the creation of the SDcard setup decide on alt chain wallets to place within the applications of his or her distro. long with address generation tools. check generation tools. and all the rest of the horseshit we all know and love to hate/use.

The same go's for security tools, along with interweb tools such as tor browser, OpenVPN(or the like) etc.. All options the user can decided before actually placing the card in and  booting the Pi... I'm sure you get the idea.

Here is where I shrug because one way or ANOTHER something will be bloated even if it's the installer.Exactly what we  as unique *nix Os users
can agree to dis agree upon. For you pi owners out there what do you find so far works and what doesn't? May I steal a moment of your time to display some answers here for the "Bad Mother Fucker" project.?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: