Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:46:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS Pre-ANN] *** “SPaker" HARDWARE ** STAKING APPLIANCE ***  (Read 1111 times)
SpecieCoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 09:03:33 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2015, 01:45:22 PM by SpecieCoin

*** HARDWARE ANNOUNCEMENT ***

Presenting the "SPaker" - Specie Platform for Staking (and Wallets)

We are happy to announce the Specie Raspberry Pi Solution for wallet and staking.

Developed by paolo77 our first SPaker will be based on the Raspberry Pi platform: SPaker-P

Dev screenshot of the interface.

This thread will contain information about the release of this product including ordering information for pre-configured devices as available.
We will not be accepting pre-orders for this product.

Specie ANN thread is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1090724.0

There will be DIY versions in addition to a pre-configured, pre-assembled version for an "out-of-the-box" staking experience designed for new users.

We will also have a referral program for people who wish to support the SPaker series and also make money.

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SpecieCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 01:46:41 PM

New screenshot added to OP.
SpecieCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 03:39:24 AM

Good news for stakers who have a Raspberry Pi!

Tomorrow you will be able to download and try out the SPaker-P image.

This is a pre-release so people can try it out before the start for pre-configured devices.
SpecieCoin (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 08:47:09 PM

SPaker-P image will be available for download in a few hours.

cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 11:49:59 PM

will the raspberry pi SPaker be capable of handling other wallets?
SpecieCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 03:18:30 PM

will the raspberry pi SPaker be capable of handling other wallets?
SPaker-P and SPaker-P1 only support Specie at this time. We will have big news about other currencies coming up.

SpecieCoin (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 03:27:15 PM

Announcing:

The Specie SPAker-P image is now available for download from the Specie website:

http://specie.info/specie-rasp.img.zip

Created by paolo77 the image can be loaded on to a 8GB SD card. Start up your Pi using the image and it will start up with the Specie wallet ready for transactions and staking.

News about the SPaker-P1, videos and SPXcard information to be released very soon.

We also have another announcement about the Specie platform coming up that is VERY exciting.

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 11:57:46 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2015, 12:53:15 AM by jc12345

Why are you making such a big deal about Raspberry Pi wallets? It is hardly anything special apart from it being nice to stake at 5W. Iv been making Pi wallets for tons of other coins and posting them in the respective threads for free in 99% of the cases. Most of those coins have died down in anyways because wallets for a another platform is not a competitive advantage but a commodity. From experience in the repo download history I can tell you that there are max 10 users interested in Pi for a coin and apart from those users it is but a hype factor that speculators use to hype the price of a coin to dump on the back of it. In addition Gorillastake.com for example has been hosting online Pi staking solutions for a long time. Having said this, good luck and it is a nice thing for those 10 odd users and I hope it makes a difference in your case.

You should come up with something special to promote your coin. Devs are not doing other real special things that drive the success of a coin and wallets for other OSes are not it, including mobile wallets Wink
BTC-BTC-BTC
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

www.neutroncoin.com

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:54:28 AM

I have six different wallets running on one computer. so no need for a Pi wallets. but, I do have one Raspberry pi is not being use.
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:57:41 AM

I have six different wallets running on one computer. so no need for a Pi wallets. but, I do have one Raspberry pi is not being use.

Me too. i have about 9 wallets open and staking as I type this. I'm actually logged on and typing from one of them as I speak. This is a cool idea. I'm going to keep an eye on this one.

-Sent from my CIRC wallet-
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: