Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:06:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for retrieving 3 Icarus from Wildemagic in Lightning Ridge Australia  (Read 3411 times)
Pipesnake (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:02:03 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2013, 09:49:05 PM by Pipesnake

I sent Wildemagic 102btc for 3 Icarus.  He never sent anything and instead PM'd a fake tracking number.

This is the info I have for him:

Jon Allison
PO Box 1847
Lightning Ridge NSW
Australia

From what I understand it is a relatively tiny place established solely for the purpose of mining Opals.  It is way up in the north west of New South Wales.  It's probably so small that nearly everybody knows everybody else.  It would be a trivial matter for somebody that lives close by to go have a talk with him.  Just camp out at the Post Office until he shows up or just ask around.

(Bounty outdated and removed.  PM if interested.)

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JMAHH

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:11:32 AM

Pipesnake, how do you know the address is legitimate?
Pipesnake (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2012, 02:22:03 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2012, 03:01:40 AM by Pipesnake

I asked the people in his signature whom he had successful transactions with.  Luckily one had kept the box from him and that was the return address.  The box was postmarked from Lightning Ridge so even if the name and box number is fake he is in that area.  I am following up on whatever lead I can.

(I filed a police report but doubt they are going to do anything.)

Relevant posts:

I have a 1.7Kw offgrid solar power setup, where I am its a remote mining town in lightning ridge Australia.

I run 4x icarus and a 5850 from my array.

Its not a cheap option, but it works, the array cost about 6-7K but I needed it for power in the first place, so now I just 'sell' my excess power through bitcoin mining.

You couldnt run a GPU farm economically but fpgas work fine.  I get 1.5GH/sec @ 100w from the fpgas and 350MH/sec @ 100w from the GPU.

I also have wireless internet, so im not connected to any form of power or land line internet.

kind regards

Offgrid mining pictures (where he lives?)

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 04:15:57 AM

If he's actually a Lightning Ridge local, you're not going to get anywhere.  It's the kind of place where locals close ranks against outsiders and someone going there to "have a talk" with him is likely to be leaving very quickly.  "Close by" would be Walgett, but it might as well be Mars - like most mining towns, it's a world unto itself.

And yeah, a police report is unlikely to achieve anything as it's a consumer matter.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 11:36:19 PM

If he's actually a Lightning Ridge local, you're not going to get anywhere.  It's the kind of place where locals close ranks against outsiders and someone going there to "have a talk" with him is likely to be leaving very quickly.  

Or they end up in the bottom of the mine. 

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 05:13:14 AM

If he's actually a Lightning Ridge local, you're not going to get anywhere.  It's the kind of place where locals close ranks against outsiders and someone going there to "have a talk" with him is likely to be leaving very quickly.  

I grew up in NSW and there are some pretty fucked up people in some of the county towns up there. The movie Wolf Creek isnt that far off the mark.

Pipesnake (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 07:27:24 PM

Well from the posts here he seemed like a pretty reasonable, responsible person.  That's why I trusted him.   I almost never go first and the one time I do...boom, scammed.

Humanity is gone.  Fuck all of you.

Nousplatform Youtube     
Pipesnake (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 07:36:10 PM

I asked the people in his signature whom he had successful transactions with.  Luckily one had kept the box from him and that was the return address.  The box was postmarked from Lightning Ridge so even if the name and box number is fake he is in that area.  I am following up on whatever lead I can.

(I filed a police report but doubt they are going to do anything.)

Relevant posts:

I have a 1.7Kw offgrid solar power setup, where I am its a remote mining town in lightning ridge Australia.

I run 4x icarus and a 5850 from my array.

Its not a cheap option, but it works, the array cost about 6-7K but I needed it for power in the first place, so now I just 'sell' my excess power through bitcoin mining.

You couldnt run a GPU farm economically but fpgas work fine.  I get 1.5GH/sec @ 100w from the fpgas and 350MH/sec @ 100w from the GPU.

I also have wireless internet, so im not connected to any form of power or land line internet.

kind regards

Offgrid mining pictures (where he lives?)

He's clearly reading this thread since he took down his pics.  Jon I am an elephant.   I will never forget or forgive.  I WILL pursue this until I get justice, even if it takes decades.  You have scammed the wrong person.  Please send my btc back and let's end this.

Nousplatform Youtube     
irritant

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 10:24:03 AM

I grew up in NSW and there are some pretty fucked up people in some of the county towns up there. The movie Wolf Creek isnt that far off the mark.

or like Scarce (2008) ?  Wink
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 01:49:21 PM

Dude lives in some old ass shack completely off grid... I really hate how many scams are going on here.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
repentance

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 08:15:35 AM

Changing reward to very early bASIC order for 2 54gh/s units (early 300s).  You get my place in line but will still have to reimburse me for the actual hardware cost.  If you prefer the 2 X6500s that offer is still on the table as well.  I just want some justice.

The Icarus don't have much value anymore so I want my 103btc back from Jon Allison (or $1250 if he has spent them as that was the value of BTC at the time).  If you live close to Lightning Ridge, and want the opportunity to be one of the early ASIC adopters, now is your chance.  I'm not asking you to be a vigilante just somebody on my behalf to go in person and talk to the local police and explain why/how he is a thief.  Judging by his posts he seems like a reasonable person and is only able to get away with this because I am halfway across the world and am unable to confront him about this in person (for now).

If you're interested please PM me.

It's not "theft".  The local police would be more than happy to tell you that non-payment for goods/services is a civil issue and that you need to pursue payment through small claims.  Even if it was a criminal issue, the complaint would have to come from the aggrieved party or their legal representative - the police would need to take the details from you.

Lightning Ridge is a small place, but it has a very transient population.  You'd be able to locate him if he's still there but it's not the kind of place where the locals are going to give a shit that someone didn't pay for something and it's the kind of place where confrontation with a local can quickly turn ugly.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 12:50:48 PM

Where's crocodile dundee when you need him Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 08:31:08 PM

Where's crocodile dundee when you need him Smiley

My brother camps along the stock routes up in NSW and has a pack of dogs that hunt wild pigs. If I didn't have any responsibilities here I'd be going on a little trip with him out to LR lol.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 08:34:20 PM

Well from the posts here he seemed like a pretty reasonable, responsible person.  That's why I trusted him.   I almost never go first and the one time I do...boom, scammed.

Humanity is gone.  Fuck all of you.

I dont know wtf this is.

AndrewBUD

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2012, 04:36:35 PM

Probably a picture from his roof showing the graves of all the dogs he's screwed to death...

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
repentance

View Profile
October 28, 2012, 03:27:24 AM

I dont know wtf this is.

Probably where he buried the last person who showed up chasing him for money.

btcANGEL

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2012, 06:07:44 AM

I dont know wtf this is.

Probably where he buried the last person who showed up chasing him for money.

Don't be silly, repentance, that's clearly a love bower full of faux-stone pillows.  Wink

Wildemagic, if you're reading this, the OP sounds like he's almost finished working up enough courage to leave the family basement and come looking for you. If you haven't ordered the rose petals yet, you should probably spend the extra money on rush shipping.

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
yamaka

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2013, 04:16:43 AM

Hi, i paid him for 1 icarus board to the btc address 1G6VNXffopg2gCZ9UjFDiPrKq1ZFF83Zsn

maybe this can help find him..

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 02, 2013, 02:09:13 PM

Hi, i paid him for 1 icarus board to the btc address 1G6VNXffopg2gCZ9UjFDiPrKq1ZFF83Zsn

maybe this can help find him..

Totally.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: