Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:52:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way to buy a lot of bitcoins?  (Read 10220 times)
darewaller

Activity: 2800
Merit: 634

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 04:59:30 PM

You can try the exchange available in my signature.They are most reputable and many people including myself frequently buy sell bitcoin there
But it is showing as “Buy and sell Bitcoin is India”.
Will the OP be able to buy in their own country? I mean that exchange is only for india or other countries are also allowed to buy and sell their coins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TommyBitcoin

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Interested in the Power of Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2016, 06:43:19 PM

You can try the exchange available in my signature.They are most reputable and many people including myself frequently buy sell bitcoin there
But it is showing as “Buy and sell Bitcoin is India”.
Will the OP be able to buy in their own country? I mean that exchange is only for india or other countries are also allowed to buy and sell their coins?

Good point!

As others have mentioned, use reputable exchanges, and make sure they can take trades from your country.

For example, I use itbit, but I am in the U.S.  I don't know if I would use it otherwise.

Also, bitstamp was just in the news for being the first nationally licensed bitcoin exchange.

Lastly, as other people have mentioned, you can often rely on localbitcoins.

The fee structures depend on the situation.  For example, you are going to be likely paying some bank transfer fee for the bigger exchanges.  For localbitcoins, the cost per btc might be higher, but the fees can be lower.

There are so many new exchanges popping up.  Whatever exchange or platform you use, don't be the pioneer.  Let others test drive them and read up in the  forums or reddit before you make your decision.

*********BUY OR SELL YOUR BITCOIN TO A TRUSTED TRADER********
***I want to buy and sell you bitcoins***(eight )-(eight)-4 85-TOMMY
BlackMarketKarma

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Cyclical economic ebb and flow.

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 07:45:46 PM

Lots of sound advice in the aforementioned replies, an equal or more amount of silly, inexperienced advice though too..here's my personal opinion on the best (economically as well as logically) way to procure the amount of BTCTC you're talking about. First localbitcoins.com is a great source for buying coin up until you're spending more than $9500 or so..spending more than this it becomes much more economically viable to deal with an exchange or reputable company that caters towards OTC purchases - generally reserving their services for these very situations - those interested in spending $50k-100k and up. Using localbitcoins, particularly in person, regardless of where you meet for anything above $6-9k is just not smart. That's too much money to meet someone you haven't transacted with prior, regardless of their feedback percentage and/or how public the place you're meeting is..using this method for a couple grand worth of coin is absolutely fine though, I've done it many many times buying and selling.

One advantage of using an OTC service if you're going to be spending a decent amount of money you definitely do not want to be dealing with incrementally different rates while trying to procure as much coin as you can (attempting to make such a large purchase via localbitcoins.com you would almost certainly be dealing with this, very unlikely that one vendor/merchant is going to be able to satisfy a buy order that large and they're all going to have different rates), a traditional bid/ask order-book formatted exchange (maker/taker market) would also work but you're almost certainly going to be dealing with some slippage while filling you're order.

TL;DR - Look into OTC options for the amount you're interesting in purchasing... https://itBit.com, the U.S. based exchange has a very good OTC offering for those clients who are trying to spend $100k+.. another option is https://genesistrading.com formerly secondmarket..they cater toward providing accredited investors a hassle-free way of obtaining large blocks of digital currency without the potential aforementioned uncertainty/inconsistency etc..that should, hopefully, help provide some guidance in right direction from someone who's done what you're interested in - the wrong way and, eventually, better way.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2016, 11:39:24 PM

You could go onto localbitcoins. But most people who actually trade at good prices all require ID, if you're the kind of guy who'd rather not give away their ID.

I also think this is one of the best thing you can do and that is using localbitcoins because its easy and mostly also trustable, you can look at the reviews.
The most providers also have a nice amount of bitcoins in stock with low buy fees.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 07:42:25 AM

I buy bitcoin BTC-e. is priced at BTC-e is more expensive than others. but in security and trust BTC-e is very reliable. I recommend this. I have bought many bitcoin and I feel it is very profitable.
Yes, BTC-e is really reliable to buy some bitcoin at there, you should have to buy at there, and if you are newbie to BTC-e then do not try with a big amount, but first try with some small amount and after that when you learn there buy big.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 07:08:03 PM

Definitely use local bitcoin and meet in person

Just meet in a public place like a local coffee shop like starbucks thats
safe and bring someone with you for safety
Yes, that is a good suggestion for buying bitcoin with a big amount but I will say that it is time consuming procedure as a lot of other gateways are also available on internet where he can buy big amount of bitcoin while at home with safety.
tn211

Activity: 778

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 09:50:36 PM

You could go onto localbitcoins. But most people who actually trade at good prices all require ID, if you're the kind of guy who'd rather not give away their ID.

I also think this is one of the best thing you can do and that is using localbitcoins because its easy and mostly also trustable, you can look at the reviews.
The most providers also have a nice amount of bitcoins in stock with low buy fees.

Meeting people in person by localbitcoins is indeed the best option because its secure and you can really see the person and you can almost not get scammed because of this.
The most also have a large stock of bitcoins on localbitcoins so that is also pretty nice.
Bitcoinbee

Activity: 84

www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 05:40:27 AM

I have btc but never had to buy bitcoins.  I get bitcoins because i play poker at certain sites that allow you to cashout in bitcoin.  Thus if i deposit another method, they allow me to withdraw bitcoin.

But if i wanted to buy a lot of bitcoin... say at least 20 bitcoin... what would be the best method?  Coinbase and circle the limits are very small right where you have to wait at least 1 month?  Even if so, you could only buy 3k max worth of bitcoin?  I also wouldn't want to pay a premium for bitcoin and want to buy bitcoin at the current price. 

What about those that want $10000+ worth of bitcoin and more and don't want to pay premium fees?
[/quote

know your local bitcoin trader better if its a trading company legally authorized to offer transactions such as buying and selling bitcoins if you need it right away. but if you want to have btc the cheapest way, then you have to buy it to sources you may definitely know. you have to build trust to traders who trade btc's to you.  Wink Smiley

The world's best bitcoin sports betting site!
https://www.lunarbets.eu/
Lunarbets.eu - Bitcoin Sports Betting $ Bet on your favorite sports team against other players $
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 02:10:34 PM

localbitcoins all the way if u planning to get in with fiat at first.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 03:07:19 PM

I have btc but never had to buy bitcoins.  I get bitcoins because i play poker at certain sites that allow you to cashout in bitcoin.  Thus if i deposit another method, they allow me to withdraw bitcoin.

But if i wanted to buy a lot of bitcoin... say at least 20 bitcoin... what would be the best method?  Coinbase and circle the limits are very small right where you have to wait at least 1 month?  Even if so, you could only buy 3k max worth of bitcoin?  I also wouldn't want to pay a premium for bitcoin and want to buy bitcoin at the current price. 

What about those that want $10000+ worth of bitcoin and more and don't want to pay premium fees?
Couple questions, answer these in your mind:
1. Where do you live, what is your primary currency dollars, euro, other? Every country has different bitcoin exchanges and selling platforms.
2. Do you care about using regulated exchange, registering with your ID etc?
3. Are you afraid to trade with people p2p?
4. Do you mind using your credit/debit card for buying bitcoins?
5. Do you want to buy large sum of BTC in one go or can you wait and split your transactions? 
ArafaA

View Profile
May 08, 2016, 03:44:42 PM

localbitcoins is the best place to buy bitcoin but you have to buy in cash if you are going to buy large a mount
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 10:49:02 AM

Localbitcoins has a lot of advantages indeed compared with other methods, no doubt about that for sure.
You can meet in real and that makes it so safe..
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 12:33:07 PM

The best thing you can use is indeed buying it with localbitcoins because its the safest way to do that, you cannot almost not get scammed.
moviebuff777

Activity: 378

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:16:17 PM

If you don't mind giving out a lot of information and using a bank account, you can use coinbase. I've used them and it is pretty easy.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆

Hero/Legendary

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 09, 2016, 06:19:16 PM

The best thing you can use is indeed buying it with localbitcoins because its the safest way to do that, you cannot almost not get scammed.

This is sort of half true.

Yes, the odds are likely lower but that doesnt mean you wont get scammed. There are people out there using fake money when doing a in person transaction esp if it works once, they will continue.

Safety measures outside from escrow- you should have some self education on how spot counterfeit money as well w. bringing a pen test, or something similar.
Bitcoinbee

www.lunarbets.eu Bitcoin*Sports*Betting

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 03:01:57 AM

there are individual traders or companies that has a good reputation in trading bitcoins.  try to find one in your locality or region and have a meet up transaction in doing the trade if its a bulk.  you can also trade in an institution where cash transactions are processed like banks. if it takes time to complete a bulk transaction try breaking it down and according to how many recipients will there be.   Grin

The world's best bitcoin sports betting site!
https://www.lunarbets.eu/
Lunarbets.eu - Bitcoin Sports Betting $ Bet on your favorite sports team against other players $
AsaroUk

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 10, 2016, 08:03:48 AM

Before you are making an investment you have to know that it will be risky because the value can also reduce and that would be bad for you if that happens to you.
And you need to be almost for sure that you can earn profit with it otherwise it will be sin for you.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 12:19:14 AM

Using localbitcoins is indeed the best option, a lot of people are already telling you to do it on that way and they are right because its safe, you can almost not get scammed and you can trust the person 99%.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 09:37:42 PM

The best way is indeed localbitcoins because its very safe and can be done fast and in person(real life).
It would even be difficult to get scammed in real if you ask me and that is why its so safe and good to do it with localbitcoins..

AlBTross

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 04:55:58 PM

You can buy from individuals on this forum.  Be sure to use someone that has a positive trust score and is a more veteran member of the forum.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: