Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:01:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money?  (Read 368843 times)
ubeng07

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:10:41 PM

If we are going to figure out the previous current trend of bitcoin, we can see that it's beneficial for its traders and holders due to fluctiations/volitality. This is a path that that events can happen for future. Thus, we can say that it can be a long time to make money but the risk is always there like other investment programs.
Bitcoin has bring the new millionaire to the world and it is a fact that Google can show to us. The earlier bitcoiners who bought some good amount of it at very cheap rates of 10 to 50 dollars became rich by simply holding on to their asset for a long duration. If someone seeks grand profits out of it, the only way is to keep bitcoin in wallet for few years.
Don't forget about those people who suffering huge lost because of making bad decision on cutloss.
It is sometimes trading on crypto has no difference with money gaming.
Risky close to gambling , i could say like that as i have experienced similar things .
There is a scenario that they hold it but it was stole from them so we dont have assurance if that would be profitable so if you choose to hold it make sure you have more secured on it. dont be comfortable that this is safe way holding. always think positive and negative that can be happen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andarco

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:17:55 PM

I think that technical analysis could help in optimizing trades.
Look here, in example

https://cryptocharting.blogspot.it/2017/10/oct-10-three-tenors-bitcoin-ripple-and.html

In my opinion the similarity underlined on Ethereum chart is surprising...
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:38:23 PM

Basing from some historical data, bitcoin does increase value with time. No one really expected it to have more value than gold. But to generate a good income you should also invest in altcoins not only in bitcoin. Hodling is one of the method to make money but it really is time consuming. There are a lot of ways to earn which give some valuable returns like investment, saving and trading.
Sorry but I will never ever suggest investing into altcoins. They are neither good for long term investment nor short term. Altcoins in my opinion are mere wastage of money and time whereas investing into bitcoin is a guarantee of great profits.

Bitcoin is the only digital currency at the moment that can generate the profit you aspire to have. Holding them for long time is the best method of making money in crypto world.

The altcoin market is sort of a battle field. The weak gets eaten, and the strong ones get the most profits. Right now, the old ICOs of this forum are all down. I guess whales have started to move to a different coin or maybe they have already left long ago and all that's left are just bagholders waiting for a pump that will never happen. So now we are all left holding a lot of shit coins. I'm not really sure if it's a good idea what I did today. I bought multiple coins that just recently got dumped.

With that note, most altcoins are not a good way to make money for holding a long time. One pump and you should go out of the market then invest on another coin. There are only a couple of coins that have followed their roadmap and have made audience and volume for doing so. Others are just there, left to be forgotten.
Well, first, I want to say is that we always rely on the past of Bitcoin to predict its future but we should know that nothing is forever, bitcoin can not increase forever, it will still have a point to stop, maybe today, maybe a year or 10 years later, we can not know the future. So holding the bitcoin for a long time still has many disadvantages and risks, it is not the best way to make money, it's just the safest. Talk about trading, life is never fair, the strong will survive, want more money, you need to rob other people's money, and trading is the way we rob money, it is also the best way to make money, do not complain or say bad things about trading, you do not earn profits because you are not good, simple, do not try to justify

Definitely agree with the "justify" part. In this world, people are basically just taking away something from other people. You do buy and sell but then you take away other people's money by selling the things that you bought low for a much higher price. It's the same thing with trading. Most of the time, the things that you bought low can be bought by the buyer too. The only thing is that they don't have the connection to the person you bought it from. Anyway, we exchange resources in exchange of another resource but then some people are trapped in a loophole where they stay poor for the rest of their lives. They earn some money, a bigger fish gets it from them. And so on. It's an endless loop that's why the poor would always stay poor. They are so low that it has become normal for the rich people to simply take away their resource.

You can think of life differently, of course. But this is another perspective. You can think of life as people trying to help each other or whatever, but I think this story is nearer to the truth.

Ann Impas

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 01:45:42 AM

Yes, because look at it now BTC exploded from $4800 now at $5600 which is a huge jump and now looking to be stable and can hit 7k after the fork.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 11:56:15 AM

Yes, because look at it now BTC exploded from $4800 now at $5600 which is a huge jump and now looking to be stable and can hit 7k after the fork.
Yes, The current prices of bitcoin has made it crystal clear that bitcoin is worth holding for long time. Those who kept holding bitcoin for last few months are on the top of the world at the moment since bitcoin has gone beyond the expected value and most probably it is going to be at 7000 dollars soon or by the end of this year. The best way of making money from bitcoin is holding them for long time.
Cotton Candy

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:30:08 PM

I first got bitcoin from withdrawing from gambling sites.  I deposited with another method but could withdraw bitcoin so i did it.  Around that time bitcoin was around $220 usd or so and when i got it, i would then trade it for poker funds from other person etc because I didn't want to hold the bitcoins due to reading about price fluctuations.  However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?  I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good?  Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon?  I had thought hey if you get bitcoin when its $230 when the price stayed like that for a long time, thats great b/c very hard for it to go below $200 because i haven't seen that.  But even if it does, isn't it almost always going to rebound and go back up?  Last time i had btc and it was $230 or so and now it went up to $260.  So if you have say 100 bitcoins... well... thats a nice $3000 profit or so.

I'm sure there are ppl that have thousands or bitcoins right and just hold on to it?  And many that would sell btc immediately if prices go all the way up?  If someone had say 500 bitcoin... then btc price went up $20 in say a week or so... selling it would net them $10000 minus fees right?  However if they sell it via localbitcoins or other method, they are going to get a higher profit right?  However if they do this, say sold all their 500 btc... then once bitcoin later in the year go up another $50... well that would be $25000 less they would have earned.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?

Yes it is absolutely gonna make you much money, especially before when the price and the value of it is not expensive. Bitcoins at first almost worth nothing, but look at it know, the value reachest 5000$+ so if you hold you bitcoins from the beginning until know you will be an instant millionaire without even doing anything. A lot of people are inspired on that thing because the most famous person who became millionaire because of bitcoins is a kid before and a teenage millionaire today.
DU18

Activity: 1694
Merit: 268

Binance #SWGT dan CERTIK Audited

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 12:42:33 PM

Yes,obviously holding bitcoin is a good way of earning bitcoin.It is a very good way of make your money double in less time.I have bought 5BTC in last year when it's price was 900-1000$.And now bitcoin price has hit 5500$ so you can imagine the big profit I made in a year.Now I sold 3BTC and keep 2 BTC on a paper wallet because I think Bitcoin price will hit $10000 by next year.

Carreuh

Activity: 560
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 01:03:57 PM

We are all optimistic about the future bitcoin. So, money invested in bitcoin very big. That's, of course holding bitcoin is one of the best ways to grow money.

mistanama

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:41:12 AM

I first got bitcoin from withdrawing from gambling sites.  I deposited with another method but could withdraw bitcoin so i did it.  Around that time bitcoin was around $220 usd or so and when i got it, i would then trade it for poker funds from other person etc because I didn't want to hold the bitcoins due to reading about price fluctuations.  However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?  I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good?  Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon?  I had thought hey if you get bitcoin when its $230 when the price stayed like that for a long time, thats great b/c very hard for it to go below $200 because i haven't seen that.  But even if it does, isn't it almost always going to rebound and go back up?  Last time i had btc and it was $230 or so and now it went up to $260.  So if you have say 100 bitcoins... well... thats a nice $3000 profit or so.

I'm sure there are ppl that have thousands or bitcoins right and just hold on to it?  And many that would sell btc immediately if prices go all the way up?  If someone had say 500 bitcoin... then btc price went up $20 in say a week or so... selling it would net them $10000 minus fees right?  However if they sell it via localbitcoins or other method, they are going to get a higher profit right?  However if they do this, say sold all their 500 btc... then once bitcoin later in the year go up another $50... well that would be $25000 less they would have earned.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?

Yes, of course. We have seen what happened to Ethreum, Litecoins and especially Bitcoins. The price has risen a few months later. So if you plan to hold it then do mona. Because there is a real possibility that the Altcoins price we hold may rise.
Finestream

Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:44:13 AM

We are all optimistic about the future bitcoin. So, money invested in bitcoin very big. That's, of course holding bitcoin is one of the best ways to grow money.
Maybe before the volume of users are not really big but now we are increasing that's why bitcoin is getting more popular, with the increasing number of users whales power to manipulate the price will be slowly be lessen and that is good to know the real score in the market. I believe holding is the key for the ultimate success, we are investing for profit therefore we should aim for the ultimate success so we can enjoy our life financially free.

MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:04:09 AM

yes it is but it is to be for long time. Holding your Bitcoin is a nice way to save your money if you want to make money you have to sell it on the right moment and it is hard to make the right choice and patience is also important because it will be bad if you are selling it too early when you cant get profit of it. just wait for the right time to sell.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 04:31:19 PM

yes it is but it is to be for long time. Holding your Bitcoin is a nice way to save your money if you want to make money you have to sell it on the right moment and it is hard to make the right choice and patience is also important because it will be bad if you are selling it too early when you cant get profit of it. just wait for the right time to sell.
There're a number of bitcoiners here who would give their right hand that you're out of touch by suggesting they should sell off their Bitcoin after some reasonable profits and look to buy again at lower prices. What they don't seem to realize is that if every bitcoiner resorts to hodling and no one selling, the market would lose its stability robustness.

Hodling is particular suitable for those, who are not quite versed in how to trade, but it is more profitable to also be able to trade than to just hodl.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 05:26:36 PM

yes if we look at the current position of bitcoin it will say that to hold it for along time it will profitable it can also be said that to make invest your money it is just like a bank deposit many people are waiting foe such a wonderful chance to get the extra money from this. i think we should not keep all money into one currency but it is good if we keep our money into more than one currencies of the same category.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
ankylotic

Activity: 477
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:41:43 PM

Ofcourse it is being the mother of all is the high potential coin and it will not fell down overnight like any other scam coin, the users of bitcoin has great trust on it to grow in future and i think the trust won't be broken because as the time goes it gets more popular among people and its future is bright and in future it will surely rise its price more.
Ultrasound

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 06:01:29 AM

yes if we look at the current position of bitcoin it will say that to hold it for along time it will profitable it can also be said that to make invest your money it is just like a bank deposit many people are waiting foe such a wonderful chance to get the extra money from this. i think we should not keep all money into one currency but it is good if we keep our money into more than one currencies of the same category.

Holding bitcoin is good for making fiat profit, but not for bitcoin profit.
x86Daddy

Activity: 216
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:33:05 AM

This topic started from 2015. And now, we can have the answer. I'm absolutely convinced that Holding Bitcoin a long term is a good way to make money. Wink
oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 08:33:30 AM

This topic started from 2015. And now, we can have the answer. I'm absolutely convinced that Holding Bitcoin a long term is a good way to make money. Wink
By that time I was not aware of bitcoin. Even those days people has the belief that holding of bitcoin is truly profitable unlike the price increase and decrease. Those who have bought during the start of this particular thread if held bitcoins, now most could have been millionaires.
appleffi

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

One of a kind

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 09:19:42 AM

At this point of time, the topic question is now answered with a big YES. Clearly, if your holding bitcoin by the time this topic was posted, then you are lucky enough to witness how bitcoin progress and surely the profit is as large as you have expected it to be. Bitcoin really is the best example of risk taking with a good future.

ghost14k

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:03:50 AM

Many guys style of trading is just trading Bitcoin alone. It saves you from all the hassles of the market. The good thing about this style of trading is that Bitcoin will always rise if you have the patience. Patience is really needed to succeed here.  Though I will advice you keep your Bitcoin off exchange for the temptation of selling off early.
Darmold

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:13:28 AM

Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money?
Yes,yes and yes. Price 6000$ for one Bitcoin is small.
Bitcoin is the main coin of cryptocurrency market which is going to explode in future.
The price will be much higher in future and not just for Bitcoin.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 »
  Print  

Jump to: