Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:00:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to buy bitcoin by cash deposit/bank transfer to UK account  (Read 160 times)
Sasfsafd (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 01:41:53 AM

Hi. I am looking for somebody who has a large amount of bitcoins to sell. I have clients who will pay directly to your account by cash deposit or by bank transfer.  And in exchange I would like to be paid in bitcoin. So that you can be sure the payments you receive are legit, I can instruct my clients to do a cash deposit into your account, instead of a bank transfer. I am looking for somebody with an account in the UK. If you require cash deposits only, then your bank would need to be one of the major high street banks that accepts cash deposit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 03:36:53 AM
Merited by premiumproductss (1)

Hi. I am looking for somebody who has a large amount of bitcoins to sell. I have clients who will pay directly to your account by cash deposit or by bank transfer.  And in exchange I would like to be paid in bitcoin. So that you can be sure the payments you receive are legit, I can instruct my clients to do a cash deposit into your account, instead of a bank transfer. I am looking for somebody with an account in the UK. If you require cash deposits only, then your bank would need to be one of the major high street banks that accepts cash deposit.

This is difficult and risky. The instructing of clients part is the riskiest because this is how MITM scams are perpetrated. Scammers put up sale ads for cars, boats, laptops, phones etc and if someone offers to buy, the scammer instructs the buyer to deposit money into the account of the bitcoin trader. The victim thinks the bank account belongs to the person they are dealing with. The scammer identifies himself as the owner of the bank account.

While the above is happening, the scammer offers to buy bitcoins and pay for them by cash deposit. The person paying for the bitcoins is the buyer responding to the ad for a car or something else and has no idea he is depositing money for bitcoins. The coin seller thinks the person paying is the same person offering to buy coins. It's an elaborate scam which is why "instructing clients to do a cash deposit" is a risky scenario and should be dealt with carefully.

Good luck with this but I feel it is fair to inform and advise members of this forum about the risks.

Thfulted

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 08:03:42 AM

How much btc were you looking for?
shegazy82

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:33:22 AM

What's your rate?
I accept transfers only and work through escrow

Bitrated user: saherhegazy.
Sasfsafd (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:59:02 AM

Hi. I am looking for somebody who has a large amount of bitcoins to sell. I have clients who will pay directly to your account by cash deposit or by bank transfer.  And in exchange I would like to be paid in bitcoin. So that you can be sure the payments you receive are legit, I can instruct my clients to do a cash deposit into your account, instead of a bank transfer. I am looking for somebody with an account in the UK. If you require cash deposits only, then your bank would need to be one of the major high street banks that accepts cash deposit.

This is difficult and risky. The instructing of clients part is the riskiest because this is how MITM scams are perpetrated. Scammers put up sale ads for cars, boats, laptops, phones etc and if someone offers to buy, the scammer instructs the buyer to deposit money into the account of the bitcoin trader. The victim thinks the bank account belongs to the person they are dealing with. The scammer identifies himself as the owner of the bank account.

While the above is happening, the scammer offers to buy bitcoins and pay for them by cash deposit. The person paying for the bitcoins is the buyer responding to the ad for a car or something else and has no idea he is depositing money for bitcoins. The coin seller thinks the person paying is the same person offering to buy coins. It's an elaborate scam which is why "instructing clients to do a cash deposit" is a risky scenario and should be dealt with carefully.

Good luck with this but I feel it is fair to inform and advise members of this forum about the risks.

Hi. I would understand your point if it was for large amounts at once. But the amounts I will be dealing with are around £30-200 at a time.

How much btc were you looking for?

Depends on how many clients I get. I would start slow at the beginning. Maybe only around £1000 a week.

What's your rate?
I accept transfers only and work through escrow

Bank transfers are okay too as long as its a UK account. We can discuss the rate
shegazy82

Activity: 125
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:05:01 AM

EU account
They are all under SEPA

Bitrated user: saherhegazy.
premiumproductss

Activity: 560
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 08:50:28 AM

This is interesting and very scary in the same time. Do you know any example or any precedent?

Sasfsafd (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 12:46:55 PM

EU account
They are all under SEPA

Thanks but I would be needing a UK account only.
ripplehd1

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:24:13 PM

I have a uk bank account
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: