Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:33:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GTX 970 vs R9 280X  (Read 8996 times)
Zitdadast

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

LTC fan 4ever

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 12:10:19 PM

Well I just bought a Gtx 970 used one @very reasonable price it came with all accessories and box . I will try to mine some altcoin and check the hash rate i get . I bought this card for gaming not for mining so i just check the hash rate . However i think that AMD is better then NVIDIA.

Gtx 1080 and 1070 will be release soon .
Price of 1080 will be 600$ at launch and 1070 price will be around 400$. What are your ideas about both card ?

The most profitable coin to mine is the Etheruem at the moment. The miners are not optimised for those cards yet.

Well i have not tried my gtx 970 on mining because i don't want to . I just played games and they work flawlessly .
What do you think how much i can get if i mine Ethereum ? how much a day i get from Ethereum (in $) . Maybe then i will think to mine.

it based on your electricity you can get as a high as a $60 per month mining etheruem with one 970, currenlty, but this with free energy

You mean if i mine 24/7 then i will get 60$ in one month ? Well this amount is too low . However i have free electricity . But i don't wanna burn my GPU which costs 300$ + . Thanks for telling.

well it's not low, because you need to think big, with 6 gpu this is 360 and so on

no one is mining with 1 gpu only, also gpu have two year warranty not like asic, so i see no problem in rma it, besides this i don't think that mining will do anything to your gpu...

I already used the GPU for one month but i bought a used card and it came with no warranty also there is no outlet of Evga in my country so i cannot claim the card .

As long as you do not over clock it and undervolt if possible, then the GPU will last very very long.

He bought the used graphics cards from other users, so there is a possibility that the card was used heavily.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: