Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:21:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 156
  Print  
Author Topic: Tell me your predictions about Bitcoin  (Read 234778 times)
bachlovesstories (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 01:23:28 PM

What is the obstacles, challenges and problems that Bitcoin can face it in 5 years? How we can help Bitcoin to take more authoritative place in the world of currency system?
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RappelzReborn

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 01:35:23 PM

I don't think that Bitcoin is going to die anytime soon personally because it's already spreading and spreading and we see a lot of companies (big ones) like Namecheap , Microsoft etc ... starting to accepting it as Payement method which is pretty good . for what comes to the price I'd say it will be around 600$ on the Next halving block reward which should me on the end of 2016 .

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 02:57:58 PM

i can not think of any other big issue besides the TX limit, for now or for the future, bitcoin need to get out of the beta phase, where it is seems stuck forever

possible obstacles would be regulation around the world(so not just one country...) and base security issue, to avoid new users losing their bitcoin

then you have a bunch of small pesky problem, like confirmation time(side chain can solve this), slow sync(checkpoint can solve this), 51% attack(ignoring the whole thing about "the longest chain matter more" can solve this) ecc...
Harry Hood

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:23:48 PM

Predicting the future is pointless but can be a fun discussion. I don't have any grand opinion - I foresee the usual obstacles: 1) Slow adoptions, 2) Challenged perception issues from the uninformed, 3) Potentially some dilution by competing crypto currencies.

I have stronger opinions on what needs to be done to help Bitcoin. Bitcoin needs to become more familiar with a greater part of the population. Not that the population needs to use it but the population needs to be more aware of it, to the point that it's not a mystery or clouded by misconception. This can be done easiest by mainstream businesses accepting bitcoin for payment, having the "Bitcoin accepted here!" signs next to registers. Adoption by the broad population doesn't need misconceptions to be explained, they just need to see their neighborhood and nationwide stores use it...most people won't even be curious enough to care about the misconceptions at that point. They'll see - Carrefour accepts it? It must be good!

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:52:25 PM

The biggest threat is going to come within the Bitcoin community itself. If the idiots within the Bitcoin foundation decides to change the 21 million cap, then it will ultimately result in the death of Bitcoin. In my opinion, the threats from within are more serious when compared to any threat which we are likely to face from the authoritarian governments.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 03:57:18 PM

The biggest threat is going to come within the Bitcoin community itself. If the idiots within the Bitcoin foundation decides to change the 21 million cap, then it will ultimately result in the death of Bitcoin. In my opinion, the threats from within are more serious when compared to any threat which we are likely to face from the authoritarian governments.

they can decide what they want but no one will ever follow this path.

bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 05:25:42 PM

Wait a second,

Are they doing that?   do you have a link?   If they  change the 21 million cap very peoples will be angry.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 05:38:52 PM

Wait a second,

Are they doing that?   do you have a link?   If they  change the 21 million cap very peoples will be angry.

He mentioned it here

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114648/jon-matonis-the-bitcoin-ecosystem-will-soon-need-a-reference-interest-rate-similar-to-libor

But not his own proposal, just that the current block size debate reflects on how a potential increase in coins and thus the block reward might play out.
Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 10:00:33 AM

What is the obstacles, challenges and problems that Bitcoin can face it in 5 years? How we can help Bitcoin to take more authoritative place in the world of currency system?

Anything could happen really.The situation is like Schrodinger's cat.  But I would say chances are more likely that it grows bigger since I see a lot of potential and that huge companies and websites are using bitcoins as a payment method. Bitcoin is the future. I don't see bitcoin being ''dead'' any time soon. That phase will be over.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1123

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 04:05:58 PM

I think bitcoin can grow rapidly, and it will make the governments and banks try to get control on it, although we all have known that it's impossible to them. And bitcoin will be used many more people, to do transaction in daily market and in otherwise do negative thing in black market.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Juliozz

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:47:35 AM

Three Predictions for Bitcoin in 2015.

1. Deriving derivatives using bitcoin

2. Bitcoin networks gain more traction

3. Innovations around financial services

http://www.cheatsheet.com/business/3-predictions-for-bitcoin-in-2015.html/?a=viewall
Loqkani07

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:55:19 AM

More transactions , more merchants, more users , more mining difficulty , more clarity in regulatory environment. IBLT will change the face of bitcoin significantly.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:03:38 AM

[IMO] I predict that we will face a time when Bitcoin wallet is rarely secure

faucet used to be profitable
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:13:51 AM

[IMO] I predict that we will face a time when Bitcoin wallet is rarely secure

The security issues  is a personal thing
I'm sure there are people who have a ton of coins and very weak security and probably others at the opposite end of the scale with fort knox  security for a tiny amount of coins

If  you have any non trivial amount of btc its in your best interests to keep it secure as possible
10-100 btc today might be a life changing amount of money in a few years and they're will most certainly be lost and forgotten passwords in the future and much heartache for the losers as they see the coins they own but can't access gain shit tonnes of value..... Sad
fontana

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 10:35:47 AM

I do not believe 2015 will be the year Bitcoin 'goes mainstream'. Yes it will be talked about, more people will use, hold or trade it and more merchants will accept it. But we are far, far away from big scale adoption... Honestly, I do not think any 'common folk' will actually use this for at least another 3 years. Let's talk again in 2018-2020. If Bitcoin still exists (and I hope so, since I'm a longtime holder and believer) by then, it will be widely accepted and price will have risen also. But for 2015, I predict more or less the same path we've started in 2014. Up, down, left, right, adoption, repeat.
ReigningDollars

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 01:50:28 PM

Bitcoin works in a similar manner to a commodity such as gold. When a currency struggles or an economy suffers in a recession, the value of BTC will increase because it serves to be an alternate store of value. In 5 years, I can see BTC potentially becoming equivalent to gold as a go-to store of value, if not a better one.
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 04:13:58 PM

Some people are saying that it wil go to 10.000 dollars per bitcoin by 2020, but i do nit believe that it will get such a hugh amount. More likely 1500$+ per bitcoin.
Pugsly

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 04:21:56 PM

Buy it. Use it. Tell people about it. Not much we can do apart from those three things.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 04:26:06 PM

Anything could happen really.The situation is like Schrodinger's cat.  But I would say chances are more likely that it grows bigger since I see a lot of potential and that huge companies and websites are using bitcoins as a payment method. Bitcoin is the future. I don't see bitcoin being ''dead'' any time soon. That phase will be over.

Yes, it functions well as a payment gateway and a mode of transaction rather than just behave like it as something people would invest their money in. Making bitcoin a currency as an investment, is how it serves to be the best at both the categories. I just feel the more trade takes place, the further it grows as a currency and as well as an investment as both co-depend on each other for acceptance.
HigsonPP

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 07:19:49 PM

Bitcoin is the upcoming trend. Now is the time , to spread the trend like a wildfire across the whole global village. People , they need to put their faith with such a concept. And that's only possible if bitcoin associate itself with a structured authority.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 156
  Print  

Jump to: