Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:49:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today it is Greece. Tomorrow it can be you.  (Read 4023 times)
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:40:00 PM
Last edit: July 07, 2015, 01:28:49 PM by turvarya

I guess the vote result was the better of two evils. You cannot accept any more loans from the EU or other country, because it will only dig the hole deeper.

They need significant internal financial reform :

1. Increased Tax
2. Government Salaries & Pension cuts. {Eg.. reduction of 30% or more for a period of 5 years, until the economy healed}
3. Assistance to help entrepeneurs to create jobs. {Subsidizing innovation}
4. Strong anti-corruption strategies
5. Creation of a Bitcoin friendly environment {Also informal job creation}
6. Very strict lending practices for high risk loans.
7. Negotiations with the EU to write off a percentage of the debt. {Some countries have done this with 3rd World country debt}

These are just some of the things, they can do to resolve this situation.  

Raising taxes is the most bullshit thing you can ever do.

Raising taxes only shrinks the tax base, thus they will have less government budget eventually.

Not to mention the fact that its highly immoral to send armed thugs to your store extorting you for money Smiley
The problem with Greece is not, that the taxes are too low. The Problem is that paying taxes was hardly enforced in a long time.
Just a little reminder, that Greeks are not just the victims of this crises, but fucked up pretty hard them self and that also counts for the poor people, who also didn't pay taxes, because culture.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 01:10:14 PM

I guess the vote result was the better of two evils. You cannot accept any more loans from the EU or other country, because it will only dig the hole deeper.

1. Increased Tax
2. Government Salaries & Pension cuts. {Eg.. reduction of 30% or more for a period of 5 years, until the economy healed}
7. Negotiations with the EU to write off a percentage of the debt. {Some countries have done this with 3rd World country debt}

Raising taxes only shrinks the tax base, thus they will have less government budget eventually.

Not to mention the fact that its highly immoral to send armed thugs to your store extorting you for money Smiley
The problem with Greece is not, that the taxes are too low. The Problem is that paying taxes was hardly enforced in the last few years.
Just a little reminder, that Greeks are not just the victims of this crises, but fucked up pretty hard them self and that also counts for the poor people, who also didn't pay taxes, because culture.

Thats why they should lower taxes even lower. If they have medium taxes which are not enforced, then why cant you have low taxes that are enforcet?

You can easily fire some tax collectors, and save some budget money anyway.

But just look at the morality of the entire system, all sorts of inspectors coming to your small store to "check" you is exactly like the maffia.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:23:54 PM

China will have a bigger more impact on the world economy has thier stock market is now down 25% and some stock has complete stop trading

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/07/investing/china-stock-market-companies-stop-trading/index.html?iid=hp-stack-dom

Fabrizio89

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:29:45 PM

It will be Italy most likely
neoneros

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 02:44:38 PM

1. Increased Tax

The problem with Greece is not, that the taxes are too low. The Problem is that paying taxes was hardly enforced in the last few years.

Thats why they should lower taxes even lower. If they have medium taxes which are not enforced, then why cant you have low taxes that are enforcet?

But just look at the morality of the entire system, all sorts of inspectors coming to your small store to "check" you is exactly like the maffia.

Plus all the debt that has build up to save 'Greece' as a country only saved the banks and multinationals to get a free pass to leave greece and let it sink even further, none of the IMF loans has gotten to the greek people. All of it went to the german and french banks that have played a good one on greece and its population, winning big and walking away with a big profit. You cannot blame the people, the tax evasion was a status quo that was working ok until the eu and banks pushed them to reform and then the whole system started to shift and fall apart.

turvarya

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:49:56 PM

1. Increased Tax

Plus all the debt that has build up to save 'Greece' as a country only saved the banks and multinationals to get a free pass to leave greece and let it sink even further, none of the IMF loans has gotten to the greek people. All of it went to the german and french banks that have played a good one on greece and its population, winning big and walking away with a big profit. You cannot blame the people, the tax evasion was a status quo that was working ok until the eu and banks pushed them to reform and then the whole system started to shift and fall apart.
Sorry, but what a BS. Nothing worked in Greece, before and after they joined the EU. They had problems long before they joined the EU, they were just hiding them better. Seriously, they don't have any economy besides some tourism. How is that supposed to work?
And no, I don't want to defend the Banks, but saying you can't blame the Greek people at all, is just a big pile of bullshit.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
Kapz786

Activity: 697
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:57:21 PM

I think the people of Greece would really take this chance and jump to bitcoin. Banks are down, PayPal is down, not many options are left for them. More and more people in Greeks in the past couple of months have already began using bitcoin. Hope this continues, it will help the value of bitcoin and us.  Wink
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:31:53 PM

I think the people of Greece would really take this chance and jump to bitcoin. Banks are down, PayPal is down, not many options are left for them. More and more people in Greeks in the past couple of months have already began using bitcoin. Hope this continues, it will help the value of bitcoin and us.  Wink
but sadly they have many obstacles on their way to buying bitcoin. like the limits they have to access cash, the small amount daily that they can withdraw is so low for any major investment in bitcoin. then there is like 1 atm to buy bitcoin.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
neoneros

Activity: 462

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 03:55:14 PM

Sorry, but what a BS. Nothing worked in Greece, before and after they joined the EU. They had problems long before they joined the EU, they were just hiding them better. Seriously, they don't have any economy besides some tourism. How is that supposed to work?
And no, I don't want to defend the Banks, but saying you can't blame the Greek people at all, is just a big pile of bullshit.

What is the BS? They have so much more than just the tourism, they have export. It is not a big economy, it is a small part of the whole EU, they did not bring much, they did not need much, they had enough to go arround in Greece itself, but when up with the big boys and their bubble economies it all tumbled down, there is no BS in that.

CoinUser123

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:56:49 PM

People need to stop posting this guys photo like this.

1.) I see a distraught man...because, well...that's what the camera man is telling me to see.

2.) Is he distraught because of the economic situation? Because he waited in line for the ATM all morning and was next when it ran out of money? Because his tummy hurts?

The point is, nobody has any idea why this guy is sitting on the ground like an upset child. In New York City I see this shit every day...and there's no bank crisis here...yet.

Even more so than this...how about having some fucking DECENCY people? Why in the FUCK would anyone want to take a photo of someone elses misery and continually post it on the internet for everyone to see? Whatever the reason for the upset?

I'll tell you why...to prove your "point". To cause shock and awe. To fill an agenda or promote an idea.

I have an idea OP: Get some fucking class.

Clint

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 04:05:27 PM

This is great for bitcoin, it's saving the unbanked like Greece, everyone in Greece should be jumping for bitcoin since their banks are down. I hope this can happen in all the developing countries in the world not just Greece.

DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 04:46:14 PM

It's a bit overrated how Bitcoin can save Greece.
They don't have acess to their money, how they can even buy Bitcoin?

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:14:44 PM

It will be Italy most likely

My biggest bets are Spain, Italy, Portugal.. and there are tons of poor European countries like Romania that I have no idea how they are doing OK and not struggling as well.
nikos_90

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 05:21:34 PM

Hello people. i read recently that bitcoin is being trend in Greece and it's true. our banks are closed and we can only withdraw 60eur/day so its impossible to spend these 60 to buy bitcoins. i have all my savings in banks. e-banking and mobile banking works and we can send money only within Greece. So is there any way to buy bitcoins or we are trapped. I do not want to see all my savings being reduced by 30% or more. i was working all my life for that. I really do want to start with bit coins i started getting educated about it but how can i start? i hope it's not too late.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:22:47 PM

Hello people. i read recently that bitcoin is being trend in Greece and it's true. our banks are closed and we can only withdraw 60eur/day so its impossible to spend these 60 to buy bitcoins. i have all my savings in banks. e-banking and mobile banking works and we can send money only within Greece. So is there any way to buy bitcoins or we are trapped. I do not want to see all my savings being reduced by 30% or more. i was working all my life for that. I really do want to start with bit coins i started getting educated about it but how can i start? i hope it's not too late.

If you can't get your money out of the banks then how can you buy anything, let alone Bitcoin?

Sorry but you should of seen this coming years ago. I won't preach now, it's too late however. If you are legit I suggest you get as much money as you can out of the banking system and buy precious metals which no one in Europe can stop you from doing. One benefit of being part of EU is you can move over borders still. That's all you can do, get your money and buy gold or something with intrinsic value like collectables, antiques, classic cars etc. even property in the long term will be safe in years and decades to come. If you hold gold now you could actually have some great opportunities for buying property etc later.

Like I said, no one can help you get your money out of banks, I would research Cyprus to see what might happen.
nikos_90

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:30:06 PM

If you can't get your money out of the banks then how can you buy anything, let alone Bitcoin?

Sorry but you should of seen this coming years ago. I won't preach now, it's too late however. If you are legit I suggest you get as much money as you can out of the banking system and buy precious metals which no one in Europe can stop you from doing. One benefit of being part of EU is you can move over borders still. That's all you can do, get your money and buy gold or something with intrinsic value like collectables, antiques, classic cars etc. even property in the long term will be safe in years and decades to come. If you hold gold now you could actually have some great opportunities for buying property etc later.

Like I said, no one can help you get your money out of banks, I would research Cyprus to see what might happen.
thanks for the answer. i already have gold coins but can't do anything with them right now. i just wanted to move into bitcoin because i think if the euro collapses BTC will go very high
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:58:16 PM
Last edit: July 08, 2015, 07:51:05 AM by Amph

your only way to exit from this, would be to buy things with your credit card there in greece, and then sell those thing for bitcoin abroad

i'm assuming that your credit/debit card cannot work outside of greece right?
nikos_90

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 07:23:14 PM

your only way to exit from this, would be to buy thing with your credit card there in greece, and then sell those thing for bitcoin abroad

my cards cannot work outside greece that's right, i can't use paypal or even paysafecard...That's a good idea i could buy some things here and sell them for bitcoin
newIndia
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 09:16:48 PM

your only way to exit from this, would be to buy thing with your credit card there in greece, and then sell those thing for bitcoin abroad

my cards cannot work outside greece that's right, i can't use paypal or even paysafecard...That's a good idea i could buy some things here and sell them for bitcoin

I dont know if you are connected with travel/tourism. But, AFAIK, that is the biggest industry in Greece. So, those who are connected, may want to accept bitcoin instead of other currency. This way, bitcoin liquidity will steadily rise inside Greece and it will be accessible to more people who can not move their money out.

coinspiracy

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:54:37 PM

Tomorrow it's the rest of the PIIGS countries. Then the rest of the world, pretty much.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: