Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:41:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Worries: can anyone advise?  (Read 2273 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 02:34:11 PM

Let's be honest.. anonymity is a none issue for most people. I am not buying on silk road nor do I have any ideological reasons to stay anonymous (over and above what I already am in the FIAT system).

So while anonymity might have helped bitcoin in the beginning spread to anonymity concerned individuals - as we get out into the general population it becomes more and more a none-issue (with exception of course).

many want anonimity because they don't want to pay unfair taxes, on a thing that probably in the future will be taxed for VAT too, which is ridiculous, for a currency

in my case i can only tolerate the payment on income from trading, if i'm in positive of course..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
noel57

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 10:07:49 PM

You worry where there is no worries, simply use your money to buy perfect money from any reputable exchanger and you fund your bitcoin account with it and you can easily buy bitcoin, this is applicable to other e-currencies like paypal, payza, okpay etc.

Trickyt57 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 8

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 03:43:02 AM

Let's be honest.. anonymity is a none issue for most people. I am not buying on silk road nor do I have any ideological reasons to stay anonymous (over and above what I already am in the FIAT system).

So while anonymity might have helped bitcoin in the beginning spread to anonymity concerned individuals - as we get out into the general population it becomes more and more a none-issue (with exception of course).

I would counter argue that whilst most people have little to gain from anonymity, the world is full of people with plenty of LEGAL motives to seek anonymity.  In some dangerous countries having any form of liquid wealth can make you a target for thieves, robbers kidnappers, extortionists, police and so on.  Secondly, around the world there is family pressure to keep the wealth under the control of a parent, husband brother, or patriarch.  A woman can not own a bank account in some cultures. 

Many married persons would like to hide some of their money from their spouse.   Maybe it's just for small treats and a little innocent shopping, maybe it's insurance against future divorce, maybe it's to maintain a secret amourous relationship, or maybe to pay for a love child from a previous relationship.

Some people with legitimate wealth are caught up by international sanctions merely because of the passport they carry, the country where they live, the job they hold, the people they know, or are related to, or their proximity Eg cousin or grandchild of a sanctioned Russian politician.

Of course there are less legal reasons to hide some wealth.  Most countries have a wealth tax.  Having a bit "on the side" will no longer be possible as the world's banking system moves towards a CRS.  Some governments are totally corrupt and can seize the assets of their political opponents for no reason.  Hiding assets whilst illegal is the only way to survive for some.
CryptInvest
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1132

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 10:22:49 AM

- Invest in the trade as much time and money as you can afford to lose.
- Find themselves interesting parallel hobby with less income
bitplanetz

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:29:37 PM

It is Signs You Worry Too Much About Everything
Trickyt57 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 8

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:52:33 PM

Finally i started buying my first Bitcoins. It took more than a year of thinking about it.   

I bought just a few hundred dollars worth of Bitcoins from late June 2017 to mid July.  Frictional costs were huge, maybe 7%. 

Then I discovered some quoted Bitcoin trackers, where I could invest decent amounts via regulated exchanges or reputable counterparties.   I'm happy I did that as I was still not geared up for large transactions with the exchanges.   I got in just before the big leap from $2500 to $4000.

Now I am signed up with two exchanges who have done their DD on me and will accept larger deposits.  I am depositing a few thousand USD a day, converting to Bitcoin and bringing it back to a paper wallet.  I just paid an all-time record price of $4'400.

I don't want to have too much exposure to the exchanges.  It's hard to tell where they are really located, I can't find any annual reports and there are no photos of the board of directors.  I get my money in, exchange it, and bring it back quickly to a paper wallet.

Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:08:04 PM

I think you can use coinbase to buy bitcoin with credit card or debit in dollars.  Then you can transfer this to your offline wallet for safety. If you are afraid if you die your bitcoin will be lost then you can review them to your next of kid all information about your investment. Many people has this worry too but the reality is that we most take risks to survived.
lovesybitz

Activity: 868
Merit: 289

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:12:27 AM

I am interested in buying around $100k of Bitcoin.

Is the best way to buy in small quantities on an exchange?

I read that some banks won't let you transfer money to a BTC exchange, and worse, may close your account.

I worry that the exchange may fail and I would lose all my Bitcoin

I worry that Bitcoins anonymity is not going to work, after all, my bank will know that I transferred funds to a particular BTC exchange, or to a block chain account.

I worry that if I manage to get money into Bitcoin, I may have trouble getting it back due to financial regulations.

I worry that I will lose my Bitcoin wallet due to an Internet problem.

I worry that my Bitcoin will be lost if I die.

By the way I have no worries about price changes.  I can take the financial loss if there is one.

Please tell me if there are solutions to these problems.

- You don't have to worry if you are going to use the exchange platform that are trusted and well established like Poloniex, bittrex, and bitcoinwisdom.

I worry that if I manage to get money into Bitcoin, I may have trouble getting it back due to financial regulations.
- No worries mate, like what I told you get a trusted exchange site then use it, aside from that download Electrum wallet where you can store your bitcoin, just make sure you will save the the seed word and password which you are going to create, its very safe wallet and secured.

- even your offline, your bitcoin balance in electrum if there is a balance will not be gone in that wallet. Unless, you forget your seed word and password it will be stuck there forever.

- of not, it may not be happen unless you tell someone your seed word, private key, or password. But if not, its just there storage in your wallet.
Flanagan

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:18:56 AM

Try buying some from btc machines too. In some if not all countries it is completely anonymous.
Regarding anonymity and exchanges, not sure, but those exchanges allow receiving fiat deposits via third parties, have at look at transferwise. I believe you would transfer fiat to transferwise from your bank and then transferwise to the exchange. Perhaps not completely anonymous but at least you would be able to do it, as, as you say many banks and even money transfer companies have a ban on btc related transfers.

Learn to listen, listen to learn.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:58:08 AM

I think you can use coinbase to buy bitcoin with credit card or debit in dollars.  Then you can transfer this to your offline wallet for safety. If you are afraid if you die your bitcoin will be lost then you can review them to your next of kid all information about your investment. Many people has this worry too but the reality is that we most take risks to survived.

We can inverse in bitcoin ,how much we want so.Their is No limit for that.If you inverse in bitcoin means  you have to spread the knowledge of bitcoin to the son and daughter of yours about the inversement. It's well and good for them.sorry to say this even after you death they can take care of your inversement in bitcoin.
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:44:33 AM

everything is indeed something difficult for us who definitely haven't figure it out, because if we already know all the stuff about bitcoin will surely understand how will do and find profit in it. Well indeed bitcoin has the possibility to die for, but one of the things that we have to hold fast to it all happened is if there is a problem that cannot be resolved. So, until now this bitcoin didn't do it and in the future that will never happen the problem. because the bitcoin currency a very unique and secure

nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:46:00 AM

If you are worried (and it's quite all right to be preoccupied about things like that) - then don't invest all the 100 K at once. Experiment with a smaller sum in order to allay your anxiety. Good luck!
uslfd

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:50:51 PM

What is the best wallet option if OP is investing as much as $100K?

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:57:08 PM

I read that some banks won't let you transfer money to a BTC exchange, and worse, may close your account.

I worry that Bitcoins anonymity is not going to work, after all, my bank will know that I transferred funds to a particular BTC exchange, or to a block chain account.

By the way I have no worries about price changes.  I can take the financial loss if there is one.

Don't invest/ trade too much, when something going wrong it will kill you slowly. Try to buy bitcoin from local exchanges or trusted friends, it's easy to do. Too much worry make me suggested don't trading/ investment with btc. How can people do something when always worry? everything has risk and you must face it. First, understand the risk before doing something. Second, try to get knowledge. Third, test your strategy and fix your mistakes on real market. Do that and I believe your worries in not worth. Have a nice day.

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 03:04:48 PM

By the way I have no worries about price changes.  I can take the financial loss if there is one.

worry is part of human feeling that warn us to be careful about an action that we are about to take. Investment is a risk and you most accept this fact in other to understand what you about to enter as a traders. My advise for you is to stop investing in cryptocurrency if you think it is too risky for you. You may lose your money if you keep thinking that if you invest the money will be lost.  Offline and online Wallet  is not hundred percent safe . So you most be a risk taker for you to invest in cryptocurrency!
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:44:51 PM

What is the best wallet option if OP is investing as much as $100K?

For large amounts of Bitcoin ALWAYS use cold storage wallets like a paper wallet or a hardware wallet.

Regarding the OP question, Yes, I agree that worry is a part of human nature, but if you keep yourself pre-occupied yourself of too much worries, then you can't make a decent decision in life. The risk is already present in trading or any other investment. That is why people that succeeded in life mostly take the risk, they are willing to do it to reach their goal. So if you have too much worries about losing your money, then don't involved yourself in crypto's. The volatility and price swings will cause a lot of worries for you everyday.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
webdevmastery

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 04:37:42 PM

You can start small here by joining signature campaigns, you never need to invest a lot of money and start trading it all. Trading is very risky, You need to study a lot of things like currency and the graphs then the predictions of different users here. My suggestion is try to read more about the experience of different traders here in the forums. After that when you already know much then i think thats the best time to all in.
fusepay

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:04:51 PM

Oh dear, that is a lot of worries, maybe you should not overthink stuff so much?

Buy in small bits off exchange when you can and see chances, build up that way. Make sure the wallet is secure and BACKED UP, also export the private keys from the console.

And don't worry be happy..

https://youtu.be/d-diB65scQU

Cool
Lanatsa

Activity: 2828
Merit: 650

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 03:35:17 PM

You can possibly buy on small quantities on exchanges on which you should make a transaction without exceeding on daily limit because once you exceed they would already require you some documents which would really expose your identity.As being suggested by some legendary members here you can purchase 10k in a week or 1k on daily basis and do this thing for several weeks.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
giantrobot

Activity: 564

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:02:28 PM

You worry where there is no worries, simply use your money to buy perfect money from any reputable exchanger and you fund your bitcoin account with it and you can easily buy bitcoin, this is applicable to other e-currencies like paypal, payza, okpay etc.
It's silly to say that the OP does not need to worry. That is a huge sum of money, which means he is risking his fortune. These investments can have serious consequences. Care is needed.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: