Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:06:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings and Hello  (Read 904 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
XPND (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 04:32:35 AM

Hi,

Briefly: I am establishing a company and am interested in the Bitcoin / Altcoin economies. Will be running around this place virtually over the next few weeks and months wrapping my head around everything that's been built.

If you are feeling philanthropic, I could use some startup capital. My wallet address is on my profile page and also in my signature.

For your listening pleasure, I have included links to my Soundcloud page and blog.

www.soundcloud.com/indignados
indignadosmusic.wordpress.com

Post links to your art, business, and anything else bitcoin related that you've found useful. Best,

XPND
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ikydesu

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 05:50:43 AM

Hello welcome to this forum Smiley
If you have any question, PM me or post here.

Hmmm... Bitcoin musician, Great! You can earn btc by sell your music here: http://bittunes.com/
Good luck.

~iki
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 07:05:04 AM

So what does SoundCloud do/offer?

The website looks good, i listened to Rabble, Carl Sagan, and the Riddle demo. It doesn't seem like you're creating any music or art but providing some service related to broadcasting or playing tracks one owns. Can you share more detail?

Good luck.

hayabusa911

Activity: 369

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:04:11 PM

You should look into Applebyte (ABY). They help artists with start up campaigns. I'm holding on to quite a few, If you can get some applebyte holders to help fund you I will be more than happy to chip in some myself. download the ABY wallet and PM me you Addy.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:47:50 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2015, 08:39:21 PM by tyz

Hello and welcome to the board!
if you want to sell your music for virtual currencies easily then take a look at melodius.me project .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qLn_nhpC8c
XPND (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 08:34:07 PM

Howdy ikydesu, Possum577, hayabusa911, and tyz!

Thanks for the welcome, and for the links. I feel smarter and better informed already.

Possum: the tracks titled "Riddle 17 (demo)" and "Demands (demo)" are original work. The others are from when I worked at a radio station up in Alaska last year, just stuff I like from movies and whatnot.

All the best,

XPND
hayabusa911

Activity: 369

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 08:58:17 PM

Howdy ikydesu, Possum577, hayabusa911, and tyz!

Thanks for the welcome, and for the links. I feel smarter and better informed already.

Possum: the tracks titled "Riddle 17 (demo)" and "Demands (demo)" are original work. The others are from when I worked at a radio station up in Alaska last year, just stuff I like from movies and whatnot.

All the best,

XPND

You are VERY welcome and I wish you the best. You are in the right place for what you need help with. Let me know when you have the ABY wallet downloaded and I am more than willing to help you out!
Scamc0p

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 09:56:42 PM

This looks like a good venture. I would definitley would put capital into this as an investor  Grin
XPND (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 07:54:15 PM

Any links to resources regarding setting up a secure wallet and acquiring BTC are welcome. Thanks for the replies.  Grin
saturn643

Activity: 728

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 11:13:27 PM

Hello! Nice to see new people in the community.
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1009

Ad maiora!

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 04:15:24 AM

hello and welcome. there is plenty to learn about btc, but you are in the right place!

there are many, many helpful and kind users here, but please be aware of security though... it only takes one bad actor to spoil it all for you, and there are a few lurking here, waiting to prey on earnest but niave users such as yourself. It is safe to live by the motto "trust no one" however, by vetting any user here that offers anything you need to think twice about you can mostly rest assured you are safe. check the past postings of anyone offering anything you might think could lead to losses for you, not just their trust rating (these can be fudged)

also learn about safety regarding storing of your coins. one hack and all your hard earned btc can disappear and the thieves are almost never caught. taking safe measures can protect your assets, but please be safe instead of sorry. I am always afraid new users will have one (preventable) bad experience and then give up on btc altogether, which is always a shame because the more minds and creatives the btc economy embraces and supports, the better it is for all. one tip... be very careful when clicking links. this is a common way to put malware on your machine which will steal your coins. One can protect himself by using a very good malware protection software (I use malwarebytes pro) checking links at the website virustotal.com, using a hardware wallet to store coins and being generally cautious and extremely skeptical before clicking links. never click any link in emails from people you dont know, double check ones from people you do know (in case of phishing scams)

I dont want to scare you, but I cant emphasize security enough. if you have doubts or questions, do ask them here, there are many here willing to offer advice.

Since you are a musician, obviously seeking to market your art over the internet, I urge you to look at this BTC backed service here https://www.ascribe.io/ it is a method for transferring ownership of digital content over the blockchain, and i really believe it could be huge for the future of marketing digital content that needs to be sold and copy-protected. (I hope you checked those links first Wink I assure you they are ok, but always check!!)

good to have you aboard, and best of luck!
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 05:07:24 PM

Any links to resources regarding setting up a secure wallet and acquiring BTC are welcome. Thanks for the replies.  Grin

You can choose here: https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet but don't store your btc on exchanger or online wallet, especially with big amount.
My advice is use this: Bitcoin Core(you need download the data for sync, aver 20GB) or Electrum, you don't need to download the data, but for now as you can see a news about blockchain split, is better to use Bitcoin Core wallet for transaaction(if you need btc immediately and spend them immediately).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: