Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:46:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Americas Gay Imam Abdullah: the holy homo  (Read 2040 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 07:32:31 PM

WASHINGTON: Supreme Court of the United States (SCOUT) legalized same-sex marriages across US and religious fractions across US are opposing the decision however there is one Muslim cleric who is not openly gay but performs same-sex marriages as well. He is widely criticized for his belief and dissented not only in person but on the social media as well however he continues his practices in D.C.

Abdullah’s first act as an Imam was that he performed funeral rights for a gay Muslim who died because of AIDS after many imams denied this Muslim the ritual rights as per their beliefs however being a gay Muslim himself he decided to take that responsibility upon himself to perform the rituals. Abdullah believes that every person has equal rights no one has a right to judge any one.

Abdullah believes in the message he is spreading with the faith that it would keep resounding: “It is our relationship with God and our relationship with one another that truly builds up our faith.” He was 15 years old when he came out to his parents, long before he converted to Islam or travelled abroad.

Born in the state of Detroit, his parents were Baptists. At the young age of 15 he came out of them. Abdullah converted to Islam at the age of 33 when he was studying in China, later he moved to Egypt, Syria and Jordan to study the religion. As a homosexual man in America he witnessed that lesbian, gay, transgender and bisexual Muslim are not treated in a good way so he decided to become an Imam to provide community support.

Abdullah, is part of a national network of progressive Muslims, is the keeper of their secrets. He quietly helps gay Muslim couples get married, counseling them beforehand and keeping the ceremonies low-profile.

http://www.thenewstribe.com/2015/06/30/americas-gay-imam-abdullah-the-holy-homo/

-----------------------------------------------------------
Why doing it undercover when it is the law of the land?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:31:47 PM

I hope the rainbow flag will fly all over his mosque.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:07:26 PM

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:15:15 PM

[...]
On the same-sex marriage issue he has been criticized globally however he is of the view that, “I do same sex marriages and have been doing so for the last thirteen years, I’m not the only Imam that does so. I find that the process has been one of dealing with the interpretation and it’s always about interpretation and the subjective reasoning that goes behind it.”

He further believes that, “The Koran itself does not say that in clearly in that same way, definitively it must be female or male, but that the person should seek someone who is single because there’s a prohibition against having sexual relationships with someone who is already committed in a marriage.”

http://www.thenewstribe.com/2015/06/30/americas-gay-imam-abdullah-the-holy-homo/

-------------------------------------------------------
He is an imam so his word is truth and sacred. He should be embraced by the lgbt community for his modern interpretation of his holy book... Can't wait for them, right here, to show solidarity with imam Abdullah...

CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:42:47 PM

[...]
On the same-sex marriage issue he has been criticized globally however he is of the view that, “I do same sex marriages and have been doing so for the last thirteen years, I’m not the only Imam that does so. I find that the process has been one of dealing with the interpretation and it’s always about interpretation and the subjective reasoning that goes behind it.”

He further believes that, The Koran itself does not say that in clearly in that same way, definitively it must be female or male, but that the person should seek someone who is single because there’s a prohibition against having sexual relationships with someone who is already committed in a marriage.”[/b]

-------------------------------------------------------
He is an imam so his word is truth and sacred. He should be embraced by the lgbt community for his modern interpretation of his holy book... Can't wait for them, right here, to show solidarity with imam Abdullah...

This is totally against Islam..islam forbid this act..See the punishment of Allah on those people who did this.....

http://www.islamawareness.net/Prophets/lut.html

Prophet Abraham (PBUH) left Egypt accompanied by his nephew Lut (PBUH), who then went to the city of Sodom (Sadum), which was on the western shore of the Dead Sea.

This city was filled with evil. Its residents waylaid, robbed and killed travelers. Another common evil among them was that men had sex with men instead of with women. This unnatural act later became known as sodomy (after the city of Sodom). It was practiced openly and unashamedly.

It was at the height of these crimes and sins that Allah revealed to Prophet Lut (PBUH) that he should summon the people to give up their indecent behavior, but they were so deeply sunk in their immoral habits that they were deaf to Lot's preaching. Swamped in their unnatural desires, they refused to listen, even when Lot warned them of Allah's punishment. Instead, they threatened to drive him out of the city if he kept on preaching.

Allah the Almighty revealed: The people of Lot (those dwelt in the towns of Sodom in Palestine) belied the Messengers when their brother Lot said to them: "Will you not fear Allah and obey Him? Verily! I am a trustworthy Messenger to you. SO fear Allah, keep your duty to Him, and obey me. No reward do I ask of you for it (my Message of Islamic Monotheism) my reward is only from the Lord of the Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists). Go you in unto the males of the Alamin (mankind), and leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your wives? Nay, you are a trespassing people!"

They said: "If you cease not, O Lot! Verily, you will be one of those who are driven out!"

HE said: "I am indeed, of those who disapprove with severe anger and fury your (this evil) action (of sodomy). My Lord! Save me and my family from what they do."

SO We saved him and his family, all except an old woman (this wife) among those who remained behind. (Ch 26:160-171 Quran)
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:44:27 PM

Well good for him.  What those guys don't realize is that gay people don't have a choice to be gay or not.  It is not like choosing a beer or whether to smoke.  It is something that they are born with.  So another way to look is that God made them that way.  Would God make a person only for that person to live to suffer?  Or maybe that some people don't get to enjoy the intimacy of a relationship, while others do?

But even if it IS a choice, then still I think that it is not any of my business who can be in a relationship.  Just imagine that, if someone told you who you can date or marry.  Remember when the usa you could not date black/white people together?  This is just more of the same, but good because now they can live in peace I hope.
WEB slicer
Legendary

Activity: 1120

1NF4xXDDpMVmeazJxJDLrFxuJrCAT7CB1b

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 12:14:50 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2015, 12:25:48 AM by WEB slicer

gay people don't have a choice to be gay or not.
this is debatable.

now they can live in peace I hope.
peace? keep dreaming hippie chick.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 12:23:30 AM

WASHINGTON: Supreme Court of the United States (SCOUT) legalized same-sex marriages across US and religious fractions across US are opposing the decision however there is one Muslim cleric who is not openly gay but performs same-sex marriages as well. He is widely criticized for his belief and dissented not only in person but on the social media as well however he continues his practices in D.C.

Abdullah’s first act as an Imam was that he performed funeral rights for a gay Muslim who died because of AIDS after many imams denied this Muslim the ritual rights as per their beliefs however being a gay Muslim himself he decided to take that responsibility upon himself to perform the rituals. Abdullah believes that every person has equal rights no one has a right to judge any one.

Abdullah believes in the message he is spreading with the faith that it would keep resounding: “It is our relationship with God and our relationship with one another that truly builds up our faith.” He was 15 years old when he came out to his parents, long before he converted to Islam or travelled abroad.

Born in the state of Detroit, his parents were Baptists. At the young age of 15 he came out of them. Abdullah converted to Islam at the age of 33 when he was studying in China, later he moved to Egypt, Syria and Jordan to study the religion. As a homosexual man in America he witnessed that lesbian, gay, transgender and bisexual Muslim are not treated in a good way so he decided to become an Imam to provide community support.

Abdullah, is part of a national network of progressive Muslims, is the keeper of their secrets. He quietly helps gay Muslim couples get married, counseling them beforehand and keeping the ceremonies low-profile.

That all his own opinion and for your informatio Islam didn't give any order in the favour of this stupid act. Islam is against this act and forbid people to this act.. He is muslim by his name but not by his deeds and talks..
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 01:11:38 AM

That all his own opinion and for your informatio Islam didn't give any order in the favour of this stupid act. Islam is against this act and forbid people to this act.. He is muslim by his name but not by his deeds and talks..

OK. Now this is clear.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 03:06:51 AM

Abdullah’s first act as an Imam was that he performed funeral rights for a gay Muslim who died because of AIDS after many imams denied this

OK. So when some diseased sodomite is refused a wedding cake by some baker, the latter is fined $135,000 for discrimination against sodomites. On the other hand, when a Muslim cleric denies a funeral for someone (just because he happened to die from the dreaded HIV virus), it is not a crime and it is perfectly legal.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 01:48:32 PM

Abdullah’s first act as an Imam was that he performed funeral rights for a gay Muslim who died because of AIDS after many imams denied this

OK. So when some diseased sodomite is refused a wedding cake by some baker, the latter is fined $135,000 for discrimination against sodomites. On the other hand, when a Muslim cleric denies a funeral for someone (just because he happened to die from the dreaded HIV virus), it is not a crime and it is perfectly legal.

Working so hard to post multiple amount of gay jesus images, telling us how evil christianity is... I was hoping a massive participation pointing to us, regular folks who believe the concept of marriage should be between a man and a woman, how progressive islam is. How chrisitianity should follow the steps of imam abdullah...

As of yet... none of the regulars are here... As if islam is kriptonite to the pro ssm.

jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 03:55:50 PM

Well all of gays began to appear in public and speak up about their right. They will tell us their hero like Imam Abdullah or someone else, and I think they will make a movie that show his effort and struggle under discrimination, then get a Oscar. Congrats US.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 06:42:52 PM

Well all of gays began to appear in public and speak up about their right. They will tell us their hero like Imam Abdullah or someone else, and I think they will make a movie that show his effort and struggle under discrimination, then get a Oscar. Congrats US.

Maybe the gay community could give postmortem awards to all their brothers and sisters, stoned to death, pushed down from tall buildings, first?

Nah. Oscar it will be.

protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 07:07:53 PM

Well you're right, on the surface of it it is pretty dumb, and that case was blown way out of proportion. But I can see why - by operating in a certain state, the business must operate by the state's rules. If they do not, then they risk prosecution. A case of this nature would be lucrative, as it obviously appeals to mass media, what with the gay discrimination and a wedding cake. So the lawyers went all-out, and secured a whopping deal.

With the muslim clerics denying funerals, they're not really breaking the law as far as I know. They're just being assholes.

Working so hard to post multiple amount of gay jesus images, telling us how evil christianity is... I was hoping a massive participation pointing to us, regular folks who believe the concept of marriage should be between a man and a woman, how progressive islam is. How chrisitianity should follow the steps of imam abdullah...

As of yet... none of the regulars are here... As if islam is kriptonite to the pro ssm.

Wilikon it's easy to see the point you're trying to make with this thread, and it's pretty non-constructive.

Anyway, I say good for the guy - at least he's acting more like a religious person should, i.e. generally being nice to people. I really dislike this authoritarian way of running certain sects of religions whereby you're not a "true christian/muslim/etc" unless you believe and do everything they say. Some are stricter than others, Islam is probably one of the worse ones so this guy's got some guts...
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:10:26 PM

Well you're right, on the surface of it it is pretty dumb, and that case was blown way out of proportion. But I can see why - by operating in a certain state, the business must operate by the state's rules. If they do not, then they risk prosecution. A case of this nature would be lucrative, as it obviously appeals to mass media, what with the gay discrimination and a wedding cake. So the lawyers went all-out, and secured a whopping deal.

With the muslim clerics denying funerals, they're not really breaking the law as far as I know. They're just being assholes.

Wilikon it's easy to see the point you're trying to make with this thread, and it's pretty non-constructive.

Anyway, I say good for the guy - at least he's acting more like a religious person should, i.e. generally being nice to people. I really dislike this authoritarian way of running certain sects of religions whereby you're not a "true christian/muslim/etc" unless you believe and do everything they say. Some are stricter than others, Islam is probably one of the worse ones so this guy's got some guts...

I have to disagree. It is not discrimination for imams denying funerals because=faith. It is perfectly OK to sue Christians refusing to bake a cake because=faith. It is perfectly OK to never talk about those gays killed by muslims because=faith.

How many gays got killed by muslims this year only, 2015, versus the numbers of gays who could not get a wedding cake by christians?

Let me guess: "It's a non-constructive parallel"

Smiley

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 03:12:38 AM

I have to disagree. It is not discrimination for imams denying funerals because=faith. It is perfectly OK to sue Christians refusing to bake a cake because=faith. It is perfectly OK to never talk about those gays killed by muslims because=faith.

This is just the way things are happening right now in much of the Western Europe, especially in countries such as the United Kingdom and Sweden. No laws and regulations are applicable to the sub-Saharan immigrants. They can rape children (remember the Rotherham child sexual exploitation scandal?), they can stone sodomites, and they can burn down churches. No one will face any punishment, as they are organized.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:22:08 AM

Islam is clear in its prohibition of homosexual acts. Islamic scholars cite these reasons for condemning homosexuality, based on teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah:
It clashes with the "natural" order in which God created human beings.It brings destruction of the family and the institutions of marriage.It leads people to ignore God's guidance in other areas of life

In Islamic terminology, homosexuality is alternatively called al-fahsha' (an obscene act), shudhudh (abnormality), or 'amal qawm Lut (behavior of the People of Lut).
It is totally against Islam and Islam forbid this act....
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 06:53:56 PM

Islam is clear in its prohibition of homosexual acts. Islamic scholars cite these reasons for condemning homosexuality, based on teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah:
It clashes with the "natural" order in which God created human beings.It brings destruction of the family and the institutions of marriage.It leads people to ignore God's guidance in other areas of life

In Islamic terminology, homosexuality is alternatively called al-fahsha' (an obscene act), shudhudh (abnormality), or 'amal qawm Lut (behavior of the People of Lut).
It is totally against Islam and Islam forbid this act....

He is a respected imam. How can he be wrong?

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 05:09:46 AM

He converted to homosexuality at the age of 15, and then again converted to Islam at the age of 33. So he was not born and brought up in an Islamic environment. And also, he is not affiliated to any of the Islamic organizations in the United States, and most of the Muslims don't consider him as one of them.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 08, 2015, 01:11:59 PM

He converted to homosexuality at the age of 15, and then again converted to Islam at the age of 33. So he was not born and brought up in an Islamic environment. And also, he is not affiliated to any of the Islamic organizations in the United States, and most of the Muslims don't consider him as one of them.

Only gay muslims go to his mosque then? Correction: "No such thing as a gay muslim...!"

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: