Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:04:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: YouTube Removes Movie Trailer Questioning Whether People Are Born Gay  (Read 1849 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 01:16:14 PM

Well, to be fair, there is no evidence that homosexuality arises from birth. The best research we have is that there is correlation with factors at birth, but not conclusively proving it's caused at birth. There are many twin concordance studies where scientists looked at the sexual orientation of identical twins who were either raised together or separated at birth and raised apart. If it was something that arises from birth (e.g. gay genes), you'd expect to see almost 100% of twins separated at birth to either become matching homosexual or heterosexual. Instead it's only around 30% of identical twins where one is homosexual and the other turned out to be too.

What we have in science is a "nature-vs-nuture" debate. If homosexuality was exclusively by the way someone was raised, then you'd expect to see a very low rate of concordance in those separated twins (i.e. the twins raised in different homes by different people would have an expected homosexuality rate around the population average, rather than the 30% seen in the studies). There's other ambiguous evidence, like MRI scans that show structural differences in the brains of men and women, and homosexual men have brains that match the shape of women in certain areas (identified as the Sexually Dimorphic Nucleus, SDN ). Whether this is a pre-existing condition that causes homosexuality, or takes shape in the brain in response to homosexuality, is unclear in today's neuroscience research. The best answer I can say is that both nature and nurture are critical factors it seems.

It's not not something that presents at birth; for example 30% of gay couples with children in the US have their children from a previous straight marriage. I'd argue people arrive at homosexuality in different ways; it's through classical and operant conditioning that we develop our likes and dislikes, and our desires are shaped. The idea that homosexuality is present from birth would mean there are gay babies, which nobody takes seriously (even New York Times magazine said that it was an uncomfortable thought that even gay advocates didn't want to venture into).

Science is amazing, but has little chance standing when facing the mind numbing rainbow warriors...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 01:58:59 PM

Get used to it, we're in the information age now and science isn't going to stop calling out religion on its insidious deceptive bullshit.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 02:28:41 PM

Get used to it, we're in the information age now and science isn't going to stop calling out religion on its insidious deceptive bullshit.

Why be afraid of a little movie trailer on youtube then? If the trailer is deceptive let the people see it all. Unless your kind of people are control freaks and love to impose their views to others, exactly what you believe made you a 24/7 victim all your life, like now...

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 06:04:57 PM

You're just totally ignoring the studies that been posted in this thread that show homosexuality is not in the genes?

As Wilikon said, what's the harm in showing the video on YouTube, when you believe it's laughable? Wouldn't you want it on YouTube so people can post comments and laugh at it then?
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 06:15:14 PM

Seems pretty stupid to remove anything short of inciting violence.  We live in a free country where you can have whatever views you want, as long as you respect the rights of others.  Whether it is accurate or not doesn't really matter.  LGBT myself, but the idea of trying to censor speech just because it doesn't agree with you is disturbing

That said, YouTube is a private company, not the government.  They have a right to take down whatever they want.  There are plenty of other video upload sites to use if you want to protest what's going on, but most don't care enough

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 10:34:56 PM

Seems pretty stupid to remove anything short of inciting violence.  We live in a free country where you can have whatever views you want, as long as you respect the rights of others.  Whether it is accurate or not doesn't really matter.  LGBT myself, but the idea of trying to censor speech just because it doesn't agree with you is disturbing

That said, YouTube is a private company, not the government.  They have a right to take down whatever they want.  There are plenty of other video upload sites to use if you want to protest what's going on, but most don't care enough

That say if youtube is not the government and provides a service, why is the rights of the majority of the youtube viewers be denied of their god given natural rights to see a movie trailer?

I mean if it was a youtube video about a wedding cake then youtube, as a private company, would be right to delete it?... I believe that's the way things work nowadays...?

Internet=utility thanks to the FCC=youtube is using the utility, provides a service and thus cannot discriminate....

Cool

cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 10:56:38 PM

Seems pretty stupid to remove anything short of inciting violence.  We live in a free country where you can have whatever views you want, as long as you respect the rights of others.  Whether it is accurate or not doesn't really matter.  LGBT myself, but the idea of trying to censor speech just because it doesn't agree with you is disturbing

That said, YouTube is a private company, not the government.  They have a right to take down whatever they want.  There are plenty of other video upload sites to use if you want to protest what's going on, but most don't care enough

That say if youtube is not the government and provides a service, why is the rights of the majority of the youtube viewers be denied of their god given natural rights to see a movie trailer?

I mean if it was a youtube video about a wedding cake then youtube, as a private company, would be right to delete it?... I believe that's the way things work nowadays...?

Internet=utility thanks to the FCC=youtube is using the utility, provides a service and thus cannot discriminate....

Cool

That's actually a decent point.. Would be interesting to see how a lawsuit over this would end up

DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:29:51 AM

Youtube is in a similar position to when liveleak said they wont allow ISIS beheadings on their site:

"Our belief in your rights to view whatever you wish do not override our rights to not host it here"

This spot for rent.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:42:50 AM

Youtube is in a similar position to when liveleak said they wont allow ISIS beheadings on their site:

"Our belief in your rights to view whatever you wish do not override our rights to not host it here"

This movie trailer is as bad as isis beheading innocents and gays? I guess hitler and the nazis are officially retired from the internet...

Roll EyesGrin  Roll EyesCheesy  Roll EyesGrin

gongomanny

Activity: 301

Ɓιтcσιη

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 03:46:29 AM

Well, to be fair, there is no evidence that homosexuality arises from birth. The best research we have is that there is correlation with factors at birth, but not conclusively proving it's caused at birth. There are many twin concordance studies where scientists looked at the sexual orientation of identical twins who were either raised together or separated at birth and raised apart. If it was something that arises from birth (e.g. gay genes), you'd expect to see almost 100% of twins separated at birth to either become matching homosexual or heterosexual. Instead it's only around 30% of identical twins where one is homosexual and the other turned out to be too.

What we have in science is a "nature-vs-nuture" debate. If homosexuality was exclusively by the way someone was raised, then you'd expect to see a very low rate of concordance in those separated twins (i.e. the twins raised in different homes by different people would have an expected homosexuality rate around the population average, rather than the 30% seen in the studies). There's other ambiguous evidence, like MRI scans that show structural differences in the brains of men and women, and homosexual men have brains that match the shape of women in certain areas (identified as the Sexually Dimorphic Nucleus, SDN ). Whether this is a pre-existing condition that causes homosexuality, or takes shape in the brain in response to homosexuality, is unclear in today's neuroscience research. The best answer I can say is that both nature and nurture are critical factors it seems.

It's not not something that presents at birth; for example 30% of gay couples with children in the US have their children from a previous straight marriage. I'd argue people arrive at homosexuality in different ways; it's through classical and operant conditioning that we develop our likes and dislikes, and our desires are shaped. The idea that homosexuality is present from birth would mean there are gay babies, which nobody takes seriously (even New York Times magazine said that it was an uncomfortable thought that even gay advocates didn't want to venture into).

Thanks for that post. I haven't looked it up before, but just did. This article states one test came up with lower percentages than that, even:

“Because they have identical DNA, it ought to be 100%,” Dr. Whitehead notes. But the studies reveal something else. “If an identical twin has same-sex attraction the chances the co-twin has it are only about 11% for men and 14% for women.”

http://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/identical-twin-studies-prove-homosexuality-is-not-genetic

Indeed, that was really an enlightening post that I find myself agreeing with. These studies are really very interesting. I'm going to do some more comprehensive research into this later.
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 03:50:47 AM

This movie trailer is as bad as isis beheading innocents and gays? I guess hitler and the nazis are officially retired from the internet...

I didn't say that, I was just saying that its a similar issue where people are saying that they have the right to view a controversial video while the hoster is saying that they have the more important right not to host it on their servers. They're both controversial Wink

This spot for rent.
BitcoinMagician

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:50:27 AM

Youtube shouldn't have removed it. Though, I'm pretty sure the contents of the movie have a whole different tone towards gay people and gay marriage.
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 06:47:15 AM

LOL, why deny it? There are natural born homosexuals. It's 90 percent decided before the birth of a baby.

How We Got Gay | Discovery Channel HD Documentary 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_S0TRfmbbik

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:18:36 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2015, 04:25:47 AM by freedomno1

It does bring up the question of free speech and the right to have an opinion when those rights are curtailed I disagree with youtubes decision in this case as everyone has a right to speak their opinion and it's not youtubes call to remove these type of movie trailers.

This was after all a crowdfunded campaign first and a deleted trailer second.

Here is the trailer... Make up your own mind.

https://vimeo.com/132660007

Not worth blocking is my opinion based on that trailer.

Looking at the comments on the other page think this sounds fair

buts it ok for..

Atheist to bash Christians and tell us what we believe is wrong

Gays to make videos telling us why we are wrong

Liberals to make videos telling us why we are wrong

Anyone but Christians can have a voice

The truth sounds foolish to them (Isaiah 5:25; Isaiah 37:23).

More on the movie
Crowdfunding:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=120&v=wSdzQxl9cZE
http://www.breathecast.com/articles/ray-comforts-audacity-film-has-critics-outraged-as-he-tackles-the-topic-homosexuality-video-19696/

What we have in science is a "nature-vs-nuture" debate. If homosexuality was exclusively by the way someone was raised, then you'd expect to see a very low rate of concordance in those separated twins (i.e. the twins raised in different homes by different people would have an expected homosexuality rate around the population average, rather than the 30% seen in the studies). There's other ambiguous evidence, like MRI scans that show structural differences in the brains of men and women, and homosexual men have brains that match the shape of women in certain areas

My hypothesis is that environmental factors affect the outcome in the case of twins one major factor would be water which is why we see low genetic variances among twins separated from birth.

The degree of contaminants and hormones in water now is astounding enough to trigger biological sex changes in other animals especially minute amounts of atrazine not that it explains all cases heck imagine all the pharmaceuticals flushed down the toilet that can't be filtered in drinking water if atrazine in minute amounts can turn a male frog into a female imagine what it can do to us when humans mess with the water supply if you factor in the geographical location of the twins into this study it might produce some interesting data sets.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/sex-changing-weed-killer/
http://www.livescience.com/10957-pesticide-turns-male-frogs-females.html

A commonly used pesticide known as atrazine can turn male frogs into females that are successfully able to reproduce, a new study finds.

While previous work has shown atrazine can cause sexual abnormalities in frogs, such as hermaphroditism (having both male and female sex organs), this study is the first to find that atrazine’s effects are long-lasting and can influence reproduction in amphibians.

The results suggest that atrazine, which is a weed killer used primarily on corn crops, could have potentially harmful effects on populations of amphibians, animals that are already experiencing a global decline, said study author Tyrone B. Hayes of the University of California, Berkeley. Atrazine is banned in Europe.

(That said I have not seen any environmental studies that have measured the sexual orientation of people connected to a water supply yet but it does seem like a plausible factor to consider, if it can make people sick from fracking certain chemicals can absolutely alter biological functions.)

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:51:38 AM

What we have in science is a "nature-vs-nuture" debate. If homosexuality was exclusively by the way someone was raised, then you'd expect to see a very low rate of concordance in those separated twins (i.e. the twins raised in different homes by different people would have an expected homosexuality rate around the population average, rather than the 30% seen in the studies). There's other ambiguous evidence, like MRI scans that show structural differences in the brains of men and women, and homosexual men have brains that match the shape of women in certain areas

My hypothesis is that environmental factors affect the outcome in the case of twins one major factor would be water which is why we see low genetic variances among twins separated from birth.

First, I want to point out, I didn't write that, in the quote, lol.

ShakyhandsBTCer did.

I know my thoughts are considered nuts (so everyone can ignore me), but I would attribute it to demonic oppression.

Twins born but separated, maybe have a generational demonic oppression (in the form of homosexuality) in common. Which is why you would see a higher correlation, but not that high.

That's way less likely than just growing up (and committing sin / not asking for forgiveness) and collecting demonic oppression (in the form of homosexuality). Or you can get it from things that happen to you. This can happen with a mother saying, I wish you were a girl to her son, etc. Or someone calling someone ugly, you look like a boy (to a girl) etc. Also, worst, being sexually harassed/exploited/molested as a child. Holding onto these judgements that others put on you, or the hurt, and/or shame, can cause unforgiveness, etc. The Lord's prayer is hinged on forgiving others. We ask for forgiveness as we forgive others. Because how can we ask for mercy for ourselves if we don't give it to others? It's hard for people to forgive others for that horrible things they do, I know. But it can really hurt you more by being angry and hurt all the time, instead of letting it go, and asking for God to fill you up with acceptance (if you feel dejected), etc.

Of course all these thoughts, don't mean I think that those centers trying to "cure" homosexuality would work. It would truly depend on the person a) believing in God/Jesus as their savor, b) forgiving others, c) forgiving themselves if they feel like they didn't do all they could in situations, d) asking for forgiveness for their sins, (which they would have to believe that the sin was a sin) and e) praying and trying to live without sin as much as possible, etc.

Note: if a homosexual believes in Jesus and asks for forgiveness for their sins truly, (skipping homosexuality because they don't believe it's a sin). I totally think they'd go to Heaven, just IMHO. Smiley
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:38:53 PM

I didn't say that, I was just saying that its a similar issue where people are saying that they have the right to view a controversial video while the hoster is saying that they have the more important right not to host it on their servers. They're both controversial Wink

No. They are not EQUALLY, BOTH controversial. One is stating an opinion you may not agree with. The other is the mouth of evil, taking selfies...

Do you want to see links where babies having their throat cut, or isis playing soccer with the head of innocent people, or women used as cattle? Maybe you do not understand the meaning of the word 'controversial'?

I make 10000 grammatical mistakes when posting. I still would know not to make that one.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 01:47:00 PM

First, I want to point out, I didn't write that, in the quote, lol.

ShakyhandsBTCer did.

I know my thoughts are considered nuts (so everyone can ignore me), but I would attribute it to demonic oppression.

Twins born but separated, maybe have a generational demonic oppression (in the form of homosexuality) in common. Which is why you would see a higher correlation, but not that high.

That's way less likely than just growing up (and committing sin / not asking for forgiveness) and collecting demonic oppression (in the form of homosexuality). Or you can get it from things that happen to you. This can happen with a mother saying, I wish you were a girl to her son, etc. Or someone calling someone ugly, you look like a boy (to a girl) etc. Also, worst, being sexually harassed/exploited/molested as a child. Holding onto these judgements that others put on you, or the hurt, and/or shame, can cause unforgiveness, etc. The Lord's prayer is hinged on forgiving others. We ask for forgiveness as we forgive others. Because how can we ask for mercy for ourselves if we don't give it to others? It's hard for people to forgive others for that horrible things they do, I know. But it can really hurt you more by being angry and hurt all the time, instead of letting it go, and asking for God to fill you up with acceptance (if you feel dejected), etc.

Of course all these thoughts, don't mean I think that those centers trying to "cure" homosexuality would work. It would truly depend on the person a) believing in God/Jesus as their savor, b) forgiving others, c) forgiving themselves if they feel like they didn't do all they could in situations, d) asking for forgiveness for their sins, (which they would have to believe that the sin was a sin) and e) praying and trying to live without sin as much as possible, etc.

Note: if a homosexual believes in Jesus and asks for forgiveness for their sins truly, (skipping homosexuality because they don't believe it's a sin). I totally think they'd go to Heaven, just IMHO. Smiley

You are on bitcointalk.org. Being a nut is a requirement (sickness code #20999999.9769 under obamacare). Never apologize for what you believe. The people here, ready to insult you, never do.

Smiley

Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 03:06:05 PM

A trailer advertising a scripted movie about homosexuality has been removed by YouTube, with the company claiming that the content violated the platform’s “policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content” — a claim that the filmmaker behind the project is rejecting.

The clip about “Audacity,” which was written and executive produced by evangelist Ray Comfort, was no longer available on YouTube as of Monday morning, with Comfort telling TheBlaze that he suspects that someone at the company “didn’t like what they saw” and removed it.

Comfort, who previously told TheBlaze that the film presents the biblical view of homosexuality, said that someone notified him on Sunday that the trailer — which had already amassed 130,000 views — was no longer available.

“As anyone who makes movies will tell you, the trailer can make or break the film. It creates interest and gets people excited,” Comfort said. “So, we are continually keeping an eye on how many views they get. … we monitor it daily to see how it’s doing.”

He was surprised to see that the clip was no longer available over the weekend.

A message now appears on the defunct trailer that reads, “This video has been removed as a violation of YouTube’s policy against spam, scams, and commercially deceptive content,” but Comfort said that there’s nothing in the clip or the film that comports with that reasoning.

“Watch the two-minute trailer and see if you can find spam, a scam or anything commercially deceptive,” he said, adding that he believes someone at YouTube simply saw the trailer, didn’t agree with its contents and had it removed. “All we want is to be treated fairly.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/06/youtube-removes-movie-trailer-for-evangelists-film-questioning-whether-people-are-born-gay/

That is so stupid , man . And seriously what is up with these issues of homosexual people . It is just a kind of sexuality , what is the problem of other people. Does it even matter if they are 'born' gay or not. Love is love , it does not see gender, age , looks, wealth. It just happens.
HigsonPP

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 03:17:25 PM

All right , this is not very astonishing for me, because in this era where many country happily boasts about homosexuality , the freedom of the same is still taken away from the people. Sad but not surprising.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 04:40:28 PM

All right , this is not very astonishing for me, because in this era where many country happily boasts about homosexuality , the freedom of the same is still taken away from the people. Sad but not surprising.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Don't be a homophobic racist isis beheading lover. Youtube was right to remove the video for the good of everyone of earth... Even for your own good, you homophobic racist isis beheading lover. And do not try to pretend you are not a homophobic racist isis beheading lover. The sjw behind the removal know you better than you know yourself. Keep your mouth shut and accept it. If you do not accept who you are, a homophobic racist isis beheading lover that is, let the public shaming, witch burning doxxing and your boss firing you coming at yaaaaaaaaaa!!!

#lovewins

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: