Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:53:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core Account Balance doesn´t update  (Read 1071 times)
Snake_DTS (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:38:09 AM

Hello guys,

I´m new around here and hope you can help me out with my problem concerning Bitcoin Core.

I requested a payment yesterday worth 0.11217278 BTC, but when I look at the account balance it still shows 0.00000000 BTC.

What did I do wrong? Do I have to repeat the request?

It would be really fantastic, if there´s someboy around here, who knows the answer.

Snake_DTS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:44:10 AM

You're going to need to supply more information for anybody to help you.

• Who did you request the payment from?
  • Did they tell you that they sent the bitcoins?
  • What address did you ask them to send the bitcoins to?
  • Did the sender provide you with a bitcoin transaction ID?
  • Is your Bitcoin Core wallet fully synchronized?
achow101
Legendary

Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 12:56:25 AM

Someone has to send you Bitcoin. Simply requesting a payment doesn't do anything. There is nothing and no one that will send you Bitcoin when you click request payment. Instead, find somewhere that you can get bitcoin from, such as an exchange. Get some bitcoin into that account and then withdraw the Bitcoin to your bitcoin address. You can get an address from the request payment button. It should show you a qr code and a random string of letters and numbers starting with '1' labeled as address. Copy the address and you have a Bitcoin address you can send bitcoin to and from.

Snake_DTS (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 01:03:38 AM

I´ve got the general problem, that I made a screenshot of my Bitcoin Core program, but I can´t insert it here.

http://picload.org/image/icwidrg/unbenannt.jpg

http://picload.org/image/icwidrg/unbenannt.jpg

1) I bought BTC from Virwox, who generated a wallet adress.
2) They e-mailed me yesterday, that they sent the BTC.
3) Again the problem with displaying an image:

http://picload.org/view/icwidlr/unbenannt2.jpg.html

http://picload.org/view/icwidlr/unbenannt2.jpg.html

Perhaps you can open the pictures directly.

I only used the bitcoin adress they generated and pasted it into the Bitcoin Core program.

4) Yes, the TXID is on the 2nd screenshot.
5) It did synchronize the whole last night, now it´s fully synchronized.

achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 01:07:47 AM

What was the address they generated?

Also, as I said earlier, the request payment button DOES NOT ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING. You must copy the address from the dialog that pops up, go to Virwox, enter that address in their Bitcoin withdrawal page. Once that happens the Bitcoin will actually be sent to you.

Snake_DTS (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 01:20:26 AM

I had 2 windows that popped up:

Window 1:

URI: ...
Adress: ...
Amount: ...
Description: ...

Window 2:

Which of them do you mean?

achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 01:25:29 AM

I had 2 windows that popped up:

Window 1:

Amount: ...
Description: ...

Window 2:

Which of them do you mean?

Doesn't matter. As long as there is an Address listed, that is an address from your wallet. Any Bitcoin sent to those addresses will be in your wallet. To receive Bitcoin from Virwox, go to their withdrawal page and enter your Bitcoin address to withdraw Bitcoin from them.

Snake_DTS (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 01:42:01 AM

Ok,

I just withdrawed Bitcoins from Virwox, it says 1-2 hours until it´s being transferred. It´s now also listed at Bitcoin Core as pending transaction.

So, what is the usual procedure then?

A) Buy BTC at Virwox.

B) Let Virwox generate a wallet adress.

C) Start Bitcoin Core, go to transfer, and insert wallet adress, the exact amount of requested money and a distinctive description.

D) Use the generated adress from the following pop-up to withdraw BTC from Virwox to it.

E) Then use Bitcoin Core similar to Paypal to send and receive money?
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 01:52:54 AM

Ok,

I just withdrawed Bitcoins from Virwox, it says 1-2 hours until it´s being transferred. It´s now also listed at Bitcoin Core as pending transaction.

So, what is the usual procedure then?

A) Buy BTC at Virwox. Or any other exchange

B) Let Virwox generate a wallet adress.

C) Start Bitcoin Core, go to transfer, and insert wallet adress, the exact amount of requested money and a distinctive description.

D) Use the generated adress from the following pop-up to withdraw BTC from Virwox to it.

E) Then use Bitcoin Core similar to Paypal to send and receive money?
I modified your quote to what you actually need to do. You don't need to use the receive tab either. You can go to File > Receiving Addresses and see all of your addresses that you have used to receive Bitcoin. You can add another address by clicking the "new" button. It will give you another address that you can use. It is recommended that you use a new address for every time you receive Bitcoin, but there are cases where you can reuse addresses. Bitcoin Core will always use different addresses if you use the receive tab.

Also, when you send Bitcoin, you cannot control which addresses the Bitcoin comes from unless you enable Coin Control in the settings. It will also send any left over Bitcoin to a new change address so don't panic when you see in a block explorer that your change went to another address. That address is still in Bitcoin Core and can still be spent from once the transaction is confirmed.

Snake_DTS (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 02:08:56 AM

The money was now transferred to Bitcoin Core, but what you proposed doesn´t work, see image:

http://picload.org/image/icwiadw/1.jpg

When I go to File > Receiving Adresses there are no adresses displayed, when I click "New" a new adress isn´t being generated , instead it asks me to type in a description and an adress.

Be it as it may, I now want to send the received money to a friend who gave me an adress. Can you tell me exactly what to do?
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2015, 02:21:55 AM

You can enter a label if you like. This helps you keep track of your addresses. You shouldn't be able to type anything into the Address box, so just click "OK" and you will see the address with the label if you had one.

For sending transactions:
1. Go to the send tab
2. in the "Pay To" text box, enter the address of the recipient
3. In the "Amount" box, enter the amount that you wish to send. Bear in mind that you will have to pay a transaction fee, so don't send all of your Bitcoin because you won't be able to send.
4. Click "Send" It will open up another dialog box. Review your transaction and make sure you like it. There will be a transaction fee, usually very small. Click OK to send the transaction.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: