Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:40:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Block size debate hard fork is NOT A PROBLEM  (Read 513 times)
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1011

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 03:03:46 PM

Since after a hard fork people will have duplicate bitcoins in both of the block chains, they really lose nothing. The miners get to choose which fork they will support and the market gets to choose the price. Everything will be fine.

Therefore, I urge the developers of bitcoin-core to release the next version of the software that has the maximum block size increased to 8 MiB and preferably some anti-spam measures implemented. The latter is required because raising the maximum block size is not a solution to TX spam attack. The TX spam attack can be eliminated on the "soft fork" level and there are already some good solutions thrown out. The next bitcoin version should also address the issue of unconfirmed TX backlog, which is theoretically solved here. I am more than sure that one of the forks will eventually fade into oblivion (probably the change nothing fork).

To avoid similar debates in the future, I recommend the developers to take some time and implement bitcoin block chain motion voting. The bitcoin holders have the technical capability to sign their vote with their private keys and publish it on the bitcoin's own block chain. The votes can then be counted programmatically and their validity can be verified cryptographically. All parties who then wish to have a say in critical network decisions must also be stakeholders (own bitcoins). We cannot see miners worthy enough to be included in decision making because not all miners are stakeholders. Instead, many miners are traitors to the bitcoin network by leeching it from its resources and instantly dumping all their mined coins without holding a single bitcoin. What is more, there are selfish miners who mine empty blocks to gain a small competitive advantage. Such parasitism can and should be eradicated. As an example, I can refer to nubits that already has shareholder voting on their block chain.

If you are against any of the solutions that I proposed above, then you'd better have a good explanation because otherwise there exists a strong possibility of you being a bitcoin traitor. A bitcoin traitor is the person who wishes that bitcoin would slowly die and become irrelevant in the cryptocurrency space because they see it as a rival to their own petty altcoin.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: