Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:05:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [20 TH/s] [NEW POOL] [FUTURE PPLNS] [1 BITCOIN BONUS] BeastBTC.COM  (Read 3374 times)
BeastBTC (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 07:33:04 PM

Who knows, we have protection so no biggie Smiley

We plan on using PPLNS, but we need to find a few blocks first to build our wallet. We are offering a good amount of rewards if you are one of the first 5 block finders.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 08:40:20 PM

Who knows, we have protection so no biggie Smiley

We plan on using PPLNS, but we need to find a few blocks first to build our wallet. We are offering a good amount of rewards if you are one of the first 5 block finders.
Ummm.... that's not how it works.  You don't need to build up your wallet for PPLNS.  The pool pays out when it finds a block.  What you're suggesting is that for the first X blocks nobody but the block finder and you the pool operator are going to get anything... 1BTC to the block finder and 24BTC to you so you can build up your wallet?  Who in their right mind is going to mine here???

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 08:48:53 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2015, 09:01:57 PM by BeastBTC

Your misunderstanding.

We will start payout as soon as the first block is found.

Some pools would take some BTC and pocket it, ahead of the payout cron job, and do other stuff with it, we're not going to do that, we're going to let it sit in our wallet so Incase we get unlucky, we can still pay our miners, which we have a good amount miners who enjoy our pool very much and does not mind helping out in the beginning.

Hope this clarifys it.
Gws24

Activity: 537
Merit: 524

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:53:58 PM

Sorry, but you are not making sense. For PPLNS you don't need to build up a wallet in order to account for the unlucky times. For PPS you do so what is your pool going to be? Where are the bitcoins from the first block mined going because you are contradicting yourself by saying 'we will start payout...' and 'let it sit in our wallet'.

Your not convincing anyone like this.

EDIT:
And what is 'Some pools would take the red too the BTC and do other stuff with it' supposed to mean?
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 08:57:47 PM

No.  All it does is show you don't understand how PPLNS pools work.  Let me clarify things for you.

In a PPLNS pool, miners do not get paid unless you find a block.  Miners get paid for their shares.  Do you even know what your "N" value is in your pool?

Take for example kano's pool (http://www.kano.is).  The N value there is 500% current difficulty.

A miner has to ramp up to get a full amount of shares in that N period, but he gets paid for his contribution for every block found in that N timeframe.  The pool's luck plays into how many times a miner gets paid for a share during that N time.  If the pool finds more than the expected number of blocks during that time, the miner gets paid more times for that share than expected.  If the pool finds fewer blocks, then the miner gets paid fewer times.  If the pool finds no blocks at all, then the miner does not get paid.

Clear enough for you?  I really suggest you take some time to learn about these things if you're expecting to run a pool.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 09:05:13 PM

No.  All it does is show you don't understand how PPLNS pools work.  Let me clarify things for you.

In a PPLNS pool, miners do not get paid unless you find a block.  Miners get paid for their shares.  Do you even know what your "N" value is in your pool?

Take for example kano's pool (http://www.kano.is).  The N value there is 500% current difficulty.

A miner has to ramp up to get a full amount of shares in that N period, but he gets paid for his contribution for every block found in that N timeframe.  The pool's luck plays into how many times a miner gets paid for a share during that N time.  If the pool finds more than the expected number of blocks during that time, the miner gets paid more times for that share than expected.  If the pool finds fewer blocks, then the miner gets paid fewer times.  If the pool finds no blocks at all, then the miner does not get paid.

Clear enough for you?  I really suggest you take some time to learn about these things if you're expecting to run a pool.

I will check with the programming team, all we were told is that a small amount of BTC is being taken out of every block as a reserve to pay for the server. It's a small amount, roughly 0.3 BTC is what we were told.

I just do the public relations, such as forum posts, I am not in charge of the programming so I would not have that information for you.
Nexious

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 10:30:17 PM

I will check with the programming team, all we were told is that a small amount of BTC is being taken out of every block as a reserve to pay for the server. It's a small amount, roughly 0.3 BTC is what we were told.

I just do the public relations, such as forum posts, I am not in charge of the programming so I would not have that information for you.

How can any amount be taken if there are no fees?

So essentially you are saying that you will be stealing some of the miners BTC every block to cover your costs? Im sure many of the miners would not be happy with this.

Also with the block finder rewards do you have any proof of the ownership of the 5BTC (5 block bonus rewards)? Or do you also plan on using some of the miners BTC to cover this also?

https://nexious.com - Bitcoin Mining Pool - 5BTC Block Finder Bonus!*
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2015, 11:29:40 PM

There are no fees per transaction.

The miners can mine, and payout without any fees coming from them.

And also, yes. The worker name will show who found the block, so there is ownership proof.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 01:37:30 AM

But you're skimming off the top.  You aren't paying the 25BTC when the block is found, you're paying out 24.7.  That's affecting the miners and except for your previous post that wasn't made public.  And how are you paying out that bonus coin?  Is that coming out of the 25 coins from a block find as well?  If so then the first five blocks you're paying out 23.7 of 25 coins.

BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 01:42:25 AM

But you're skimming off the top.  You aren't paying the 25BTC when the block is found, you're paying out 24.7.  That's affecting the miners and except for your previous post that wasn't made public.  And how are you paying out that bonus coin?  Is that coming out of the 25 coins from a block find as well?  If so then the first five blocks you're paying out 23.7 of 25 coins.

The first 5 BTC for the block finders are coming directly from our investors.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 01:45:14 AM

Ok... That's a good thing.  The other thing though... That's not something you want to do.  If you need some capital to maintain the servers, charge a fee and be up front about it.  You're going to be in a whole heap of trouble if you try skimming.  Food for thought.

BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 02:19:04 AM

Ok... That's a good thing.  The other thing though... That's not something you want to do.  If you need some capital to maintain the servers, charge a fee and be up front about it.  You're going to be in a whole heap of trouble if you try skimming.  Food for thought.

Good idea, we will have the programmers update it tomorrow to have a small fee. We don't want to lose any credibility if we go big, best to play by the books with this!
Nexious

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 03:10:25 AM

So your only paying 25BTC per block and not the TX fees? You may want to state that so the miners know what they are getting. Unless I misunderstood what you were trying to say in the previous post.

https://nexious.com - Bitcoin Mining Pool - 5BTC Block Finder Bonus!*
DrHaribo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 05:01:00 PM

So for the first 5 blocks there is no PPLNS payments. There is only 1 BTC if you find a block.

It's the same as solo mining, but you get 1 BTC instead of 25 BTC for finding a block?

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 05:11:18 PM

So for the first 5 blocks there is no PPLNS payments. There is only 1 BTC if you find a block.

It's the same as solo mining, but you get 1 BTC instead of 25 BTC for finding a block?

Payments start as soon as the first block is found. I had to talk to the programming team to clarify that for me, as I am not the one doing all the technical stuff.
p3yot33at3r

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 05:28:32 PM

Payments start as soon as the first block is found. I had to talk to the programming team to clarify that for me, as I am not the one doing all the technical stuff.

Describing how your "pool" pays in a way that isn't misleading, wrong or nonsensical can hardly be described as "technical stuff". It is the most basic of basics - either you know how your pool works & pays or you don't, & from what you've said so far here it's obvious you don't have any clue whatsoever.

May I suggest you get your "programming staff" or your "technical team" or anyone with a vague idea of mining to open an account here & try to set the record straight once & for all, if only to save yourself any further embarrassment...... Roll Eyes
BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 05:52:38 PM

Describing how your "pool" pays in a way that isn't misleading, wrong or nonsensical can hardly be described as "technical stuff". It is the most basic of basics - either you know how your pool works & pays or you don't, & from what you've said so far here it's obvious you don't have any clue whatsoever.

May I suggest you get your "programming staff" or your "technical team" or anyone with a vague idea of mining to open an account here & try to set the record straight once & for all, if only to save yourself any further embarrassment...... Roll Eyes

From what they have sent over:

"The pool is currently setup to be used as PPLNS with a default diff. of 512. The 1 BTC bonus is being upfronted by our investors, 1 BTC each, for the blockfinder reward. This only applies for the first 5 blocks. Also, there are going to be no fees, not sure if someone said there is going to be fees but the pool is programmed currently for no fees, the server dues and such will be taken out of the admin's payments, as a donation to the pool made by them individually. We have incorporated security features such as software, and hardware firewall and DDoS protection. Along with SSH-Key access. On multiple parts of our network, we also require 2-factor authentication. We have figured out where the lack of communication/knowledge was in our teams, and we have fixed that for good now, and will not happen. Thanks you..."

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 06:10:17 PM

Also, there are going to be no fees, not sure if someone said there is going to be fees but the pool is programmed currently for no fees, the server dues and such will be taken out of the admin's payments, as a donation to the pool made by them individually.
I assume by the part I bolded that these admin payments are simply earned coin from the admin's own personal miners that are mining on the pool with everyone else, and not 0.3BTC pulled directly from the found blocks as you stated earlier in this thread.

BeastBTC (OP)

I'm A Beast!

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 07:14:23 PM

Also, there are going to be no fees, not sure if someone said there is going to be fees but the pool is programmed currently for no fees, the server dues and such will be taken out of the admin's payments, as a donation to the pool made by them individually.
I assume by the part I bolded that these admin payments are simply earned coin from the admin's own personal miners that are mining on the pool with everyone else, and not 0.3BTC pulled directly from the found blocks as you stated earlier in this thread.

Exactly! The admin's personal miners are paying for the system, and if needed, the investors are willing to step in too. So, full 25 BTC to the miners.
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 08:23:47 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2015, 09:48:35 AM by aurel57

Exactly! The admin's personal miners are paying for the system, and if needed, the investors are willing to step in too. So, full 25 BTC to the miners.

Two pages of posts to just get this part straight  Roll Eyes  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: