Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 05:20:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?  (Read 246094 times)
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:47:19 PM

It better to have both. Remember all we that not everywhere still is accepted bitcoin or adopted. So for the time being cash is good to have. My investment is more less 50-50 in percentage. But for future saving or investing or even safe keeping bitcoin is better solution it can easily go up in price as well it can go down. But still is better option for me and believe for most of us here.

Im at 70/50 percent at the moment, the other 30% is on cash and the other part of that 30% is on things like land and some properties.
" If it is a bad investment then it is a good investment and vice versa" The profits that you might earn in btc is same as the profits that you might lose and the situation will remain the same as the price go up. As long as bitcoin is not legally accepted as a worldwide reserve, (even some reserves will lose its value through time) then bitcoin's price might drop but before it drops be sure than you are cashing out some of your profits and earning s in BTC and change it into some other good investments and business to compensate for the loss if the crypto goes down.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lukmandog

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:48:05 PM

Reason i have bitcoin is very simple, is investment. While cash, just to make a real payment. Because i cannt buy milk at store using bitcoin.
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:09:22 PM

I like if bitcoin is not cash because it can be used anywhere even abroad, so for me not problem if bitcoin is not cash.

Agree. Real cash we can not use in everywhere and compare of bitcoin we can use it everywhere. In bitcoin has no more risk of stolen, and also this is the big advantage of bitcoin that we save our high amount of money very easily and we can not face any problems.
Noilee

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 08:53:07 AM

Having bitcoin instead of cash, there are many reason why we have bitcoin instead of cash this is because bitcoin is trusted and most secured than cash. Bitcoin is easy to earn and you can invest in bitcoin and gives profit. It has many advantages and benefits than cash, bitcoin transaction is fastest. You can hide a wealth in bitcoin or you can store in your wallet. Having bitcoin than cash is much better especially in the future.
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:06:08 AM

Having bitcoin instead of cash, there are many reason why we have bitcoin instead of cash this is because bitcoin is trusted and most secured than cash. Bitcoin is easy to earn and you can invest in bitcoin and gives profit. It has many advantages and benefits than cash, bitcoin transaction is fastest. You can hide a wealth in bitcoin or you can store in your wallet. Having bitcoin than cash is much better especially in the future.

And to some people, it's even better to hold bitcoin because their fiat currency is in a sinking boat. Cash is subject to inflation and even though most people don't notice it, it's actually happening. You can save yourself from it by putting your money in gold (because gold is even more stable than bitcoin) or bitcoin if you want to risk it and maybe earn a little after a few months.

Bitcoin transaction is the fastest when it comes to long distance transactions. But when it comes to person-to-person transactions, cash is still much better because you simply hand it over to the person and then he'll receive it. No fees at all.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
mothergodness

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 11:39:32 AM

Bitcoin has the ability to bring very good profits, but for small purchases in everyday life it is not everywhere possible to use and it is not entirely convenient. It is intended only for large operations.

Choyor

Activity: 672
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 03:52:02 PM
Last edit: August 05, 2017, 04:03:56 PM by Choyor

Why bitcoin is not cash? I think it's because bitcoin is just a digital currency not a common currency in use for payment, it means bitcoin is not a currency but a media barter from bitcoin into cash and after becoming money then we can use it as a means of payment. Now bitcoin is getting popular, many people use it, it's because bitcoin gives a lot of ease in transactions, in addition also bitcoin also give advantage and more secure in terms of investing. Maybe that's the reason why we prefer bitcoin rather than cash.
leyton11

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:16:26 PM

Bitcoin has the ability to bring very good profits, but for small purchases in everyday life it is not everywhere possible to use and it is not entirely convenient. It is intended only for large operations.
So we need find the ways make Bitcoin can useful and easy use for any one, this is the goal of Bitcoin for the future popular than on the world's. I think if Bitcoin can working as Digibyte system in current, it's will become to best crypto for purcharse and not have any problem.
Batang Hambog

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:19:19 PM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.

We have the same point of view in choosing bitcoin rather than cash.  I just want to add one.

If you have bitcoin your money can grow to much higher price. Not like in cash your money will stay like that unless you spend it. Bitcoin is much better than cash for the present time.
ochysp

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:27:49 PM

Buying and holding crypto is a strategy. Holding money is not an option. So investing is becoming a necessity for modern humans. Smiley
tittensor

Activity: 443

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 04:38:58 PM

I like if bitcoin is not cash because it can be used anywhere even abroad, so for me not problem if bitcoin is not cash.

Agree. Real cash we can not use in everywhere and compare of bitcoin we can use it everywhere. In bitcoin has no more risk of stolen, and also this is the big advantage of bitcoin that we save our high amount of money very easily and we can not face any problems.
Why don't have more risk of stolen Smiley? If you store your Bitcoin in wallet PC and save your private key to file text, excel or json ... Hacker still can hacked them and rob all your funds. So, don't think hacker can't do that.
hyunee

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 07:38:29 PM

You have a very good point. For me also i would like to see how bitcoin really changes the world. With the value of it and how it helps our society. I think it would be better if they give it a try to test how convenient it is to have bitcoin.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1322

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:42:57 PM

It better to have both. Remember all we that not everywhere still is accepted bitcoin or adopted. So for the time being cash is good to have. My investment is more less 50-50 in percentage. But for future saving or investing or even safe keeping bitcoin is better solution it can easily go up in price as well it can go down. But still is better option for me and believe for most of us here.

Im at 70/50 percent at the moment, the other 30% is on cash and the other part of that 30% is on things like land and some properties.
" If it is a bad investment then it is a good investment and vice versa" The profits that you might earn in btc is same as the profits that you might lose and the situation will remain the same as the price go up. As long as bitcoin is not legally accepted as a worldwide reserve, (even some reserves will lose its value through time) then bitcoin's price might drop but before it drops be sure than you are cashing out some of your profits and earning s in BTC and change it into some other good investments and business to compensate for the loss if the crypto goes down.
I also got most of my money in bitcoin, that is why I was worried with all the issues of the hard fork and stuff like that but it seems everything is going to turn all right, now the only thing we need is for those greedy miners to not make that planned hard fork they want to do in November and we will be fine for many years to come since the capacity of the network to manage transactions will go up.
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2017, 11:28:28 PM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.
Indeed. Because bitcoin can be easily stored on electronic wallet for your safety and also bitcoins are that handy because you can even bring a large amount without worrying that it might be snatched or stole from you. Although cash can also be stored online, bitcoin's feature makes it unique because of its decentralized block chain and also it increases its price value from time to time unlike cash that is operated by banks that only gives a little percent of gain. Also bitcoin provides fast transaction that you do not have to wait that long that can be done through mobile or computer usage.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 06:58:04 AM

You have a very good point. For me also i would like to see how bitcoin really changes the world. With the value of it and how it helps our society. I think it would be better if they give it a try to test how convenient it is to have bitcoin.
We can't really just adopt bitcoin and implement it in our system because bitcoin is not that very trustworthy for the eyes of the government because it is decentralized and that is cannot be controlled by the officials of the government so it will be undergoing a slow process to be able to make it as a recognized currency for the countries.
Botnake

Activity: 2828
Merit: 666

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 07:08:42 AM

We can't really just adopt bitcoin and implement it in our system because bitcoin is not that very trustworthy for the eyes of the government because it is decentralized and that is cannot be controlled by the officials of the government so it will be undergoing a slow process to be able to make it as a recognized currency for the countries.
They should work together, bitcoin without cash is useless and this world would not be a better place to live with cash only existing.
We just discover bitcoin and we should support it but we should know how far it can go and that includes being second to cash.
Spontebob

Activity: 418
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:06:52 PM

Compared to cash, bitcoin is way more easier to transact and has a higher value. The physical money can be easily stealed while bitcoin is not. It's easier to secure than cash. Whenever you invest on bitcoin, it grants you higher amount unlike cash. If ever you need some money, bitcoin is easy to transact knowing that it is accessed online. Bitcoin is accountable to be used by anyone. It's a global currency that's why it's way more better than cash.
Japinat

Activity: 2912
Merit: 674

View Profile
August 06, 2017, 11:22:31 PM

Compared to cash, bitcoin is way more easier to transact and has a higher value. The physical money can be easily stealed while bitcoin is not. It's easier to secure than cash. Whenever you invest on bitcoin, it grants you higher amount unlike cash. If ever you need some money, bitcoin is easy to transact knowing that it is accessed online. Bitcoin is accountable to be used by anyone. It's a global currency that's why it's way more better than cash.
In terms of security, I think that depends on the person who is handling it, all are secured because if not it would have already been abolish by the government. Cash and bitcoin are both helpful to the people, when they stay together life would be better, bitcoin is just a payment system behind cash and will not work without cash use to support buying bitcoin.

On the other hand, for investment, bitcoin is always better because recently it just achieve it's all time high which is great for us investors as we make money on it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Black Angel

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 07:15:20 AM

Bitcoin and cash are certainly different things, and I think bitcoin is broader and easier to use, which makes me prefer bitcoin for being a very profitable investment alternative in the future.
mobilestrike

Activity: 907
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:45:27 PM

Bitcoin and cash are certainly different things, and I think bitcoin is broader and easier to use, which makes me prefer bitcoin for being a very profitable investment alternative in the future.
Bitcoins and cash are the two different sides of the same picture. Both are performing the same function that is they are two different modes of payments. In the current era of technology bitcoins appear to be the brighter side of the picture. That is why most of the people are preferring bitcoins over paper money.
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: