Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:40:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?  (Read 246094 times)
Rosenburg

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 05:41:22 PM

As for now I see cryptomoney as investment and not a complete alternative to fiat. When the technology grows enough and more people get into it I think it would be a valid alternative. Frankly, I can't wait for that to happen!
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oHnK

Activity: 1414
Merit: 574

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:19:40 PM

As for now I see cryptomoney as investment and not a complete alternative to fiat. When the technology grows enough and more people get into it I think it would be a valid alternative. Frankly, I can't wait for that to happen!

For now it is nothing more than an alternative but alot more country will soon realize about this. When some country finally adopt it, the rest will follow. It just take a small measure for one country to accept it but people fear what they dont know thats why they have been withholding bitcoin. Sooner or later a country will give in to cryptocurrency
2taps

Activity: 266
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:25:31 PM

Besides, Bitcoin is an invisible gold and do not be restricted by the customs.

We cannot rely on Bitcoin for the rest of our lives, cash is definitely still the most stable medium of payment we can apply, since Bitcoin is more on technology people should have gadgets just to be accessible with this kind platform which is kinda unfair to those who are not interested with this.
It is true that we need certain technologies to be able to access bitcoin like smartphones or computers and internet. We all know that there are still some countries that don't have enough technology to keep using bitcoin. That is why it is still more efficient to people to use cash because no need to use technology to access it.
I also think so. Because like some countries in Afrika don't use any internet so that would mean that they can't buy anything if everyone else uses bitcoin.
I think that Bitcoin will probably be used by a lot of people in the future but i don't think it will replace the current currency.
btc78

Activity: 2436
Merit: 209

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:40:04 PM

Very good point! This basically allows you to bring more than 10k in "cash" around the glob in your pocket without customs having a chance to find out.. Can potentially be problematic though, helping illegal transactions.
another good point,having a large amount of money in invisible form in which no one can see but you.we we're freely enjoy our trips without thinking risk on our cash because its more secure than fiats

And with this long thread i guess more of the users now realized how important bitcointhan cash.

-avp

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:46:30 PM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.
-snip-
Don't mind your friend. The majority  of humans are ignorant sheeps that have no mind of their own. They can not think outside of the set up rules, and it will be very hard for them to realize how good Bitcoin is and all its potential. I've encountered this on several ocassions and it pretty much happens with technology as well.

You should get yourself very well informed about the situation in Greece and the one in Cyprus last year. Then you could explain to him how the government would have not be able to steal the peoples money if they had been using Bitcoin before it happened.        
I think his friend was just curious about Bitcoin. Although some humans are really ignorant. The situation in his story is different. His friend was just unfamiliar with bitcoin.

What happened in Greece was horrible. People should educate themselves more. It’s the governments fault in what happened In their country but people should always think. Educating people and stopping them from being ignorant is the only way for this situation.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 08:35:24 PM

We cannot rely on Bitcoin for the rest of our lives, cash is definitely still the most stable medium of payment we can apply, since Bitcoin is more on technology people should have gadgets just to be accessible with this kind platform which is kinda unfair to those who are not interested with this.
Actually we can go for the cash and bitcoins both but it is the time that will show us which is the most suitable. Like now bitcoins are not that much famous and that is the reason that majority of the people don’t know about it and those who know they only use it as a source of income. So, in time when people are more likely to go for bitcoins, cash must be extinct to avoid any disturbance.
youngagethinker

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 10:14:57 PM

It is safer than to carry cash to your pockets you can be robbed but I'm not telling that bitcoin is super safe(hackers). And i like how other countries uses bitcoin for payment/transactions like go for cup coffee, gas, restaus and money more imagine paying all that with out cash on youre pockets. Imagine after eating at resto and you call a waiter for the bill and you forgot to bring youre wallet they was like no problemo i got my bitcoin with me.

There is a quote that No system is safe and i don't know about the blockchain, they say that the blockchain will keep operating for hundred of years even if quantum computers will be used you can just cracked the system. And saying it confidently makes it the most secured security that we can count on today. That is just another reason why we need to have BTC instead of cash. On the other hand, freedoms like, no banks and no middleman, no text and no further exploit of the government on you own wallet is the reason of some.
and as for me having your assets really your own can make you at ease because you have no brainer like banks and full of paperworks just to have an asset.

Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:05:30 PM

because bitcoin is made to simplify its use. bitcoin is made just for online only, if bitcoin is made like cash, then it will be a rival for the currency of every country and will definitely be banned its circulation ...
Henry Sy

Activity: 193
Merit: 83

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 11:10:18 PM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.
I think people tend to have Bitcoin rather than cash because it has lot more too offer than the usual thing banks can offer and Bitcoin can do provide more than those features banks have already provided. Also, since Bitcoin was inclined with the modern technology, it is more attractive to the millennial people that are already relying and into modern technological features. Added by the fact of those you have stated in your statement which are cited by yours as features that are main reasons why people choose Bitcoin than cash.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 06:50:41 AM

When it becomes legal to most of the countries, bitcoin can be used for an easier transaction to anyone, in many places around the world. Also, unlike in cash, it can increase in value even without doing anything. It is also safer because your 'wallet' would be difficult to hack.
There are number of things in which bitcoin is on top priority when it comes to the comparison of bitcoin with that of other regular currencies. None of the regular currencies which are there in this present world is having this much of worth as is of bitcoin.

In addition to this, you can also use bitcoin as a way of investing money and number of people are using it too in that way and are making money.
panganib999

Activity: 1708
Merit: 589

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2018, 07:22:22 AM

why iam interest bitcoin compare cash money
I assume bitcoin not money but iam assume is comodity so we can trading
i want growth my money cash with trading, if still save in cash money
so my money can't growht

Yes it is definitely a good characteristic of bitcoin. We all know that bitcoin or any other form of cryptocurrency has the capability to give a good investment for people for them to have a chance to earn and to have profit. I think most of people want to have a good trading in terms of bitcoin because it has a good stock in the market which could give us a good form of investment for the future.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:35:35 AM

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.
I think people tend to have Bitcoin rather than cash because it has lot more too offer than the usual thing banks can offer and Bitcoin can do provide more than those features banks have already provided. Also, since Bitcoin was inclined with the modern technology, it is more attractive to the millennial people that are already relying and into modern technological features. Added by the fact of those you have stated in your statement which are cited by yours as features that are main reasons why people choose Bitcoin than cash.
I think it's still a discourse, I myself choose bitcoin rather than cash just for investment only, besides like using for currency and payment option I think many people still like using cash to buy and pay for their needs, I myself still depend on the bank for transactions , rarely use bitcoin for transactions let alone daily transactions, you know bitcoin fee is very expensive, I think most users have similar views with me?
jc123

Activity: 83

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:04:53 AM

Because it was more secured, that you can't attemp to spend to much.
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:38:15 AM

Bitcoin and cash are different things and hard to put together, we can not get profit if we have cash in the millions of dollars, but we can get big profit if you have some bitcoin because its value is always increasing.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

a4techer

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 08:41:38 AM

Yes you are right its better so save in bitcoin than hold as cash or save in bank because if you save in bitcoin their is a possible that you earn in bitcoin and i think that it is more secured you money and not easy to steal and bitcoin right now was popular so that its better to save and earn in bitcoin.
changcloy

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:18:24 AM

Yes you are right its better so save in bitcoin than hold as cash or save in bank because if you save in bitcoin their is a possible that you earn in bitcoin and i think that it is more secured you money and not easy to steal and bitcoin right now was popular so that its better to save and earn in bitcoin.
truth if we hold physical money it is easy for us to spend it,if you invest your money in banks they have small interest rates compare to bitcoin which the value is always increasing and it is more profitable than investing our money through banking.Also bitcoin does not gives you too much hassle if we want to withraw our money compare to banks. That is why i rather had bitcoin instead of cash.
2taps

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 09:23:57 AM

truth if we hold physical money it is easy for us to spend it,if you invest your money in banks they have small interest rates compare to bitcoin which the value is always increasing and it is more profitable than investing our money through banking.Also bitcoin does not gives you too much hassle if we want to withraw our money compare to banks. That is why i rather had bitcoin instead of cash.
I don't think that having physical money will make you spend it faster. Because i always use my creditcard and i have never felt any difference to walk by a shop and buy nothing if i had no physical money. But if you have bitcoin instead of cash you can make money by waiting for the value to rise.
Arz26

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 12:05:48 PM

Bitcoin is anytime you have it for a lifetime  but in cash can easily spend.
knight20

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:31:10 AM

It's simple I choose bitcoin instead of cash right now because bitcoin has a high price and a possible to be higher and higher someday.
charlystriker

Activity: 148
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 02:36:41 AM

Because bitcoin is online and we can cash it anywhere. And also bitcoin is an investment it can bigger the price.
Pages: « 1 ... 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 [170] 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: