Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:38:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?  (Read 246094 times)
Yeperdoodle

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:51:02 AM

Cash is still very useful especially when paying most small businesses.. Holding Bitcoin is important for those investing or trading since using it as mode of payment nowadays is not practical.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
richkellj

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:18:13 PM

Because bitcoin is online and we can cash it anywhere. And also bitcoin is an investment it can bigger the price.
In my opinion, there is a huge population which are investing their money into bitcoin and are taking bitcoin as a very good way of investing money and above all, bitcoin is also helping them in having some very good amount of money at the end.

Having paper money in your pocket can only help you in meeting your needs and it can do nothing good for you as it cannot help you in having extra money.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:38:33 PM

Actually, both is good when you purchase things but a pkus to bitcoin is that it offers security. Security in a sense that you don't have to bring money with you in which your money is protected incase you get robbed. Another is the convenience, when you are in another country, you don't need to go to a money changer and have your money changed to that countries currency; this works though if the country you are in accelts bitcoin as payment. Another plus for bitcoin is that it is not only used in purchasing stuffs but it can also serve as an investment.
I think you should know the basic functions of both. Bitcoin and Cash have their own uniqueness and advantages. You can not select Bitcoin over Cash, and vice versa. You can not ignore Bitcoin and prefer Cash. Both of us need and are very important for our lives. If I think, people choose Bitcoin for various reasons. For example, like investing, we all know that Bitcoin prices are always on the rise, so people want to save Bitcoin to sell it when the price goes up. People also like to do transactions using cryptocurrency because in the world of cryptocurrency, there is no limit whatsoever for us to do transactions. However, there is a disadvantage that the price of cryptocurrency is always up and down. That is way, Cash is needed.

In big time this is correct, and on top of that what you do with bitcoin convert in into cash. Many see like you mentioned bitcoin as investment or for some like retirement fund.
Both are needed to coexist and work together, one cannot work without other, we buy bitcoin with cash and we sell bitcoin for cash. IN the end we need both.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

cherrymobile

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:14:27 PM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.
Why bitcoin instead cash one of the main reason why people choose bitcoin because of its security.Your money is secured and it is easier to do some transaction your just going to click .In addition to that the money you earned in bitcoin increase faster .You can save money as well as increasing  it faster.
AnonBitCoiner

Activity: 1330
Merit: 326

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 08:39:35 AM

Because bitcoin is a potential investment, It work  great and feels safe. It is a universal currency that you can carry anywhere in the world.  No need to look for exchange place.

No need to worry about the lockers and brief case.
You can transfer of any million or in few moments in terms of bitcoin.
If you  have your money in bitcoin,you no need to pay tax.
No one know ,how much cash you are carrying in wallets in term of bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Hendralam18

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 08:46:35 AM

6) Bitcoin Gives Financial Power to The People, Takes it From Banks.
7) Fiat System supports Kleptocracy, Bitcoin Will Rebuild Free-Market Capitalism.
8 ) Bitcoin’s Appreciation Beats Dollar’s Inflation.
9) Bitcoin’s Speed Beats Dollar’s Speed.
10) Bitcoin Costs Significantly Less to Send Than Dollars Do.
11) Bitcoin’s future is brighter than the Dollar’s future.

Bitcoin is not going anywhere. Bitcoins are pieces of digital code, decentralized information. They are not being debased now or in the future. They can be sent by any form of information transfer, from morse code to text messages to a napkin passed along a table at a diner.

Kalemder
Legendary
artcontest

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1726

Be A Hope

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:34:49 AM

Bitcoin hiding is easy. bitcoin transfer is very easy. so of course it should be preferred.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
trashvin

Activity: 89
Merit: 19

“Decentralized Transportation Economy”

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:08:01 PM

The way I see it, Bitcoin gives us the true freedom of currency. We are not dependent upon any system to use our money. So it basically is and always will be BTCFREEDOMBTC

It's not that I'm choosing bitcoin over cash. Moreover, i earn cash using bitcoin. Bitcoin really helps me to earn for my future and be able to buy the things i want and also to travel or go to the places I'd love to go.

Glorypaasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:27:58 PM

Indeed. By having a bitcoin your money will surely grow by having patience for it is like an investment if you have only cash your money will just stay the same as is not growing, having bitcoin is so beneficial for an individual and that's bout it.
a4techer

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:32:34 PM

Very well said i am agree all what you said and for me also it is better to invest in bitcoin than bank and also it better in bitcoin than cash because here in bitcoin you secure that you can earn and also you can invest in any coin and surely that your money here in bitcoin was grow and grow if the value was increasing and the needed to have that is patient and if your money invest in bank so many years before you earn not like in bitcoin days weeks and months yiu already earned.
Superturacoin

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:16:34 PM

Indeed. By having a bitcoin your money will surely grow by having patience for it is like an investment if you have only cash your money will just stay the same as is not growing, having bitcoin is so beneficial for an individual and that's bout it.

Yes, i agree you cant earn more profit without investing or holding in bitcoin because in bitcoin having a patience your money will surely grow , while in cash is also important it is because bitcoin for now you cant exchange payment with vendors but in future it will surely happen, cash uses in our daily needs like buying foods or drinks.

TowerBee.io      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ICO > on our exchange TowerX   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Cinemo

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:20:22 PM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.
The reason why a lot of us used bitcoin instead of cash because of its fast transaction and less hastle. You earned more money in bitcoin and based on my own experience I can say that it is easy to earned money when you do it properly and other that those who are trusted companies your going to work with.
alfs75

Activity: 392

platform for everyday business

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:17:00 PM

If this things happen to me and my friend said also that word,why would you want bitcoins instead of fiat  money my answer is simple bitcoin is great value and can be used in long terms investment with high profits while the traditional currency or fiat money is contains only a profit of 10% per annum in the banks,so if you compare the ratio  you can conclude that bitcoin is so valuable than the fiat money in terms of investment .

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
knacks.knick3

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:28:55 PM

No brainer investment in bitcoin give huge returns compare to banks. Also isn't in cool and hassle free to not bring cash all you have to do is do your transaction on your phone online.
Minnie1928

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:01:51 PM

The way I see it, Bitcoin gives us the true freedom of currency. We are not dependent upon any system to use our money. So it basically is and always will be BTCFREEDOMBTC
I think that some people might pick Bitcoin above cash because they love the fact that you can make money with it. I would still choose cash because it is more reliable.

Cash is more secure in every way because it is supported by the government. Bitcoin, although it is trying to prevail over the centralized currency is depending on the investors and the pup and dump demands. Fluctuations are very high right now and risk is always involved. I agree that for the future the blockchain technology will be inevitable but for now, we cant rely on the technology that is still not developed completely. With the development problem, I am thinking about the current problem in a term of transactions with the high fees. I hope that the future will bring the better evolvement of the Bitcoin and that more people will realize its true potential and not just the mean for the profit gain.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀              i v y              ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM   ●   FACEBOOK   ●    TWITTER    ●   YOUTUBE   ●   LINKEDIN
MrRiuss

Activity: 317
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:11:13 PM

its beginning to more world wide use. but anyway, cash is still important right now
Eclipse26

Activity: 658
Merit: 268

bullsvsbears.io

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:16:02 PM

If im going to choose between having a bitcoin or having a cash, i will choose bitcoin. First of all, i chose bitcoin rather than money because i have knowledge about cryptocurrencies as well as bitcoin that is more profitable rather than money. Also, bitcoin has many features that makes it better than money thats why more people are starting to choose and learn bitcoin as well as the other cryptocurrencies.

RajaJudi

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

Less is more

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:49:21 PM

I think that some people might pick Bitcoin above cash because they love the fact that you can make money with it. I would still choose cash because it is more reliable.

Cash is more secure in every way because it is supported by the government. Bitcoin, although it is trying to prevail over the centralized currency is depending on the investors and the pup and dump demands. Fluctuations are very high right now and risk is always involved. I agree that for the future the blockchain technology will be inevitable but for now, we cant rely on the technology that is still not developed completely. With the development problem, I am thinking about the current problem in a term of transactions with the high fees. I hope that the future will bring the better evolvement of the Bitcoin and that more people will realize its true potential and not just the mean for the profit gain.
Bitcoin brings profit to us. Therefore, we will have more money in the future through holding Bitcoin. There are some "ATM Bitcoin" are built in the center of my country. Bitcoinners will have an opportunity to convert Bitcoin into fiat cash. I choose 2 of them. Bitcoin is used to get money. Cash is used to transact and buy things. Sometime, I also use Bitcoin to pay online.

arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1401

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 06:49:25 PM

Cash is used to transact and buy things. Sometime, I also use Bitcoin to pay online.

It depends on where you live. Most county doesnt allow bitcoin as a currency for transaction however it could be treated as an asset. Using bitcoin to pay for something is pretty much a dumb idea right now because the exchange rate is quite volatile

To use a 'currency' as a way of paying things, you need a very stable exchange rate that wont change for a long period of time. To be honest It is always much better to pay with FIAT of those respective countries

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Galahad111

Activity: 340
Merit: 122

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:12:50 PM

Where can I put my cash? Banks. I hate banks, they can control my money, also government has right to shut down or freeze my bank account or money, so why should I trust banks or governments? I have Bitcoin that I have full control over it. Privacy is the most important thing in this era, I wouldn't tell how much money I have. Bitcoin gives me this freedom, that's why Bitcoin is over cash.
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: