Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:20:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?  (Read 246100 times)
whizter

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 11:31:32 PM

1. You can't get robbed from your Bitcoin
2. You can lose money by dropping it accidentally
3. Bitcoin is safer
4. Bitcoin can't rip like paper money

This might not be done to bitcoin but:

1.  Your Bitcoin can be hacked thru malware and backdoor trojan
2.  If your hardisk drive crashed and cant be recovered and  you failed to extract the private key of your BTC you lost your Bitcoin
3.  Scalability is unsolved
4.  Massive dump of Bitcoin because of the unsolved issue.

There is always risk on everything, it is quite biased to just get the weakness of one subject and not the other one.  Though I admit  I would still choose Bitcoin because it is easier to transfer than money.

As long as you are careful, it is still OK to invest in bitcoin.
Bitcoin and fiat there is huge difference b/w these currencies. Fiat you can use it anywhere in the world, But Bitcoin you can't, you need to sell and convert it into again fiat currency to use Bitcoin. And Fiat has one stable value but Bitcoin price is always fluctuate and we can not predict the Bitcoin price.

But still I use Bitcoin, why because the price is high and easy to convert it into fiat and easy to transfer money through Bitcoin no limit.
yes that is right. bitcoin can be use for both online and off line options also in some place while fiat can be use in a particular area as every state has their own fiat currency and which is not applicable in another country, while bitcoin is such a currency which can be use in any where in the world without changing it in to fiat currency of the state where you want to use it.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 11:53:52 PM

3. Bitcoin is safer
The most important is because it can be used wherever you are extremely flexible not complicated to use and store. if you have a lot of bitcoin you would not bother to keep it. different when it's in the form of cash
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2017, 09:58:28 AM

3. Bitcoin is safer

This might not be done to bitcoin but:

1.  Your Bitcoin can be hacked thru malware and backdoor trojan
2.  If your hardisk drive crashed and cant be recovered and  you failed to extract the private key of your BTC you lost your Bitcoin
3.  Scalability is unsolved
4.  Massive dump of Bitcoin because of the unsolved issue.

There is always risk on everything, it is quite biased to just get the weakness of one subject and not the other one.  Though I admit  I would still choose Bitcoin because it is easier to transfer than money.

As long as you are careful, it is still OK to invest in bitcoin.
Bitcoin and fiat there is huge difference b/w these currencies. Fiat you can use it anywhere in the world, But Bitcoin you can't, you need to sell and convert it into again fiat currency to use Bitcoin. And Fiat has one stable value but Bitcoin price is always fluctuate and we can not predict the Bitcoin price

In real life things are the other way around

The only fiat that you can more or less universally use across the world is the US dollar (and Euro, to a certain degree). All other currencies have only local use. And surprisingly, anywhere else in the world (apart from their home countries), you will have to convert these currencies to another local currency (or the US dollars) to make use of them. Are you still going to say that Bitcoin doesn't cut it as a global currency and you would fare much better with some obscure currency like the Peruvian sol anywhere outside Peru?

RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:19:52 AM

3. Bitcoin is safer
The most important is because it can be used wherever you are extremely flexible not complicated to use and store. if you have a lot of bitcoin you would not bother to keep it. different when it's in the form of cash
But still a lot of people struggle to know more about bitcoin , the technical explanation on how bitcoin generated make them confused.
And you know in the end they are surrender to get more information about bitcoin and to start to use it.
A lot of advantage but at firstime bitcoin seemslike not commonpeople-friendly.
micher143

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 10:43:21 AM

3. Bitcoin is safer
But still a lot of people struggle to know more about bitcoin , the technical explanation on how bitcoin generated make them confused.
And you know in the end they are surrender to get more information about bitcoin and to start to use it.
Agree because the bitcoin is at the first is hard to understand but if you will understand it more opportunity will come to you no reason to quit if you are eager to learn about new knowledge it is just like attending every day to school and learning something from your teacher and the teacher for learning in bitcoin is yourself or the internet and lastly your inviter or your friend. It is hard at first but when you know the system on how it will work you will know that it is easy only. Everything is hard at first but if you will pursue for it nothing is hard.
Soul Reaper

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 12:19:45 PM

Bitcoin is always better than cast according to me because-
1) It is easy to handle.
2) using it saves a lot of natural resources
     Paper notes are made by cutting trees.
3) bitcoin is easy to access as compared to cash.
4) it helps us to maintain our privacy,
    I.e - if we have cash in bulk govt can ask us for a justification
    We can own as many as bitcoins we want nobody would question us.
5) last but not the least bitcoin are Decentralised where as fait currency is not.
Reid

Activity: 2870
Merit: 642

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 12:26:35 PM

3. Bitcoin is safer

Yes. At first they are willing to learn when they see a lot of profit.
But in the middle of teaching them they start to get bored and somehow stops.
There is so much wasted time doing it and yet they will still surrender.
That happens to me a lot. I dont know why but I know to myself that I have done all to make it easier to understand and to make it more inviting. I guess there are just people who wants to profit faster but didn't know it doesn't work like that.
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 02:17:12 PM

1) It is easy to handle.
5) last but not the least bitcoin are Decentralised where as fait currency is not.
I disagree with your statement a lot. Bitcoin is not easier to handle compared to Fiat currency, you have many issues with it one big one is the waiting time for your transaction to be confirmed. Also if Bitcoin is easier to access why does businesses still prefer the use of Fiat currency? Because Fiat currency is easier and most convenient to use compared to Bitcoin.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
Labumi

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 02:24:49 PM

Bitcoin is worth than cash. It has a big possibility to increase its price after 10 years and maybe it will doubled. Unlike cash, it is a very stable currency and you didn't earn on it for how many years when you save it. Bitcoin also is a key to our economy to be succeed because we import the bitcoin into our country by converting it not by rolling. And bitcoin also is better investment because many investor use this currency and thats why we choose bitcoin instead cash.

Priceless or not it depends on those who are interested. Indeed for now has a value of bitcoin far better than money, reasons bitcoin has value higher while money is only subject to the decision of the Government. But they were able to give a bad thing, when we are wrong using bitcoin. Because all the things that exist in the world also has a bad side, if we couldn't do well then the bad side which will be the dominant
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 03:03:55 PM

1) It is easy to handle.

1. Only if you're tech savvy.

2. I wouldn't say "a lot" of natural resources since we chop down trees anyway when converting a forest into a workplace or a factory. The amount of trees chopped down to print out cash is far less than the amount of trees we chop down to earn fiat money. Wink

3. Cash is much easier to access since it's offline and you can easily take it out of your pocket without having to log in, use 2FA, etc.

4. Only if nobody knows that you have tons of bitcoin and nobody knows what is your bitcoin address. You can still be traced.

deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 03:06:07 PM

1) It is easy to handle.
The most fundamental of course bitcoin easier to handle because digital form. no matter how much you save your bitcoin. it will still be easy to carry or stored differently with cash
ilovefeetsmell

Activity: 686
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 03:50:59 PM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.

You can't double your money in cash while bitcoin it is possibly double in the near future or in the coming years. You can earn a profit in cash if you invest it in other banks or investment companies but it's not advisable to do that. Risking your money is the hardest feeling that you can feel. I feel how to lose money.

1. As I've said earlier, you can't earn more profit in cash. It depends on what and which will you invest your money.
2. Fast transaction in terms of remittances.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████▀▀      ▀▀▀██████████████████
█████████▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄▄▄▄  ▄██▀▀     ▀▀████████
███████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄████████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀█████
██████   ▄█████████▄████████▀  ▄▄█████████▄   ████
█████   ▄█████████████████▀  ▄██████████████▄▄▄███
██            ██████████▀  ▄██████████████████████
█████   ▀█████████████▀  ▄██████████████████▀▀▀███
██████   ▀█████████▀▀  ▄████████▀█████████▀   ████
███████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄████████▀    ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▄█████
█████████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀  ▀▀▀▀   ▄▄▄      ▄▄████████
████████████████████▄▄▄     ▄▄████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
.Ethernity CLOUD.

...DECENTRALIZED CONFIDENTIAL COMPUTING...PUBLIC SALE Q3 2021.....REGISTER HERE..
Evansloin

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 04:25:41 PM

I rather have Bitcoin instead of cash because:
It is safer
It can't get robbed from them
It can't break
It can't fall out of your pocket
Babayega31

Activity: 630

Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 09:06:32 PM

Well it's a simple reason why I choose bitcoin instead of cash because of digital power of bitcoin, the faster capability itself on a particular transactions made made online. Cash transacations has nothing to do with advantages of digital world because computers were working for it and not manual execution done by a person who performed the task, compared with bitcoin having the fastest services through blockchain server provided.

eduaro66

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 09:14:48 PM

Well it's a simple reason why I choose bitcoin instead of cash because of digital power of bitcoin, the faster capability itself on a particular transactions made made online. Cash transacations has nothing to do with advantages of digital world because computers were working for it and not manual execution done by a person who performed the task, compared with bitcoin having the fastest services through blockchain server provided.
And if simpler, it turns out that cash is easy to use. What kind of education does one need to have to use bitcoin to buy bread and milk?
How many percent  of the world's population are the old and the children? They will be able to use bitcoin with their knowledge, or old people need to be taught until they die. Stop suffering with mania. Bitcoin is a commodity or currency for a narrow circle of users who have knowledge, the Internet and education.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1316
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 09:44:37 PM

I would prefer cash if it is just simply holding it and spending, the reason is that cash can be used easily since all store accept it.  But if we are talking about savings, i will rather use Bitcoin in terms of saving.  So convert my money to Bitcoin and keep it for a long time.  Only one reason here.  It can increase in price several times than holding it as fiat that only depreciate value is an option.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 10:32:40 PM

There are many reasons to have bitcoin instead of cash:
First of all bitcoin isn't a currency at all , I agree it is accepted in many places where we can buy goods or services with bitcoins but of course with limitations. Bitcoin is a investment platform where one can invest and 90% of the time he will get a profit after few months depending on the price he purchased at and also if you are saying that why bitcoin when cash is there then why do people invest in gold when cash is there. Because gold has a potential to increase. Same for bitcoin it is more like a investment platform and it has a potential to increase in the future unlike cash which has the same value for years.

Actually cash loses value over the years and doesn't have the same value for years.

It becomes less useful to use Nation's cash because you need to haul more of it to do each thing.

in the 1950s Used to cost $0.10 dollars for 2 pizzas and a soda in New York City... today it costs $5.00 for just the slice of pizza.

In Bitcoin it once costs 10,000 bitcoins for a pizza, and today it costs 0.01 Bitcoins for the pizza... you could see where things are going.
I mean I get it but what I meant is if you keep 1$ in a vault after 100 years it will be 1$ but yeah the amount of things we could purchase with 1$ will be changed significantly.
And ya I totally agree with you about the bitcoins I mean who even thought this would happen 10000 btc is actually a lot.
Adelajda

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 11:08:20 PM

It is safer
It can't break
You can get robbed and people have being losing their coins for a very long time.You have to be aware that hackers are looking a way to steal your coins and there are several instances where people lost their coins because of their ignorance and once it falls out of your pocket as in this case your wallet ,you are not able to retrieve it.
xskl0

Activity: 378
Merit: 260

Bitcoin SV is Bitcoin

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:45:12 AM

Very good points. I'd like to add:

5) Banks can't steal it from you. You may think they can't steal cash either; that's not true. With central banks printing money by the hundreds of billions, and commercial banks creating money as debt like there's no tomorrow, they're effectively lowering the relative worth of your money in their advantage. Remember: stealing 5% off your deposit, or increasing the total money supply by 5% by creating it out of thin air, has essentially the same effect.
Very important point  5) = completely control of your money

BUY / SELL bitcoins  --->  https://bit2me.com/?r=ryOV8xZNb
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 09:46:41 AM

It is safer
It can't break
but I'm sure you're still dependent on cash to any shopping to your needs dude. we do prefer bitcoin than the form of cash
but we still need cash at this time
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: