Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 08:37:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?  (Read 246094 times)
Visbay

Activity: 1236
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:04:56 PM

Bitcoin is better than cash because bitcoin value is appreciating over time while with cash you may only earn bank interest which is very low. Cool
First thing is there where you want you can take bitcoin with yourself there will be no fear for steeling or robbery because it’s very easy to carry with yourself so I think it’s one of the good advantage of bitcoin secondly bitcoin price is also high than any other currency so I think people now are taking interest in digital currency as compare to cash.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Manadhnis

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:07:54 PM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.

Bitcoin is decentralized. No one controls it, there is no middle men like banks. Banks usually takes away a small percentage in every transactions plus a certain delay of the process. While bitcoin transaction is fast, easy, secure, and theres no need for verification, not even your identity will be exposed. Btc and Cash has its different advantages and disadvantages. Now, It depends on the weigh of the transaction or how much monetary value is involved on wether what to use. If youre  in the foreign country I prefer to use Bitcoin to avoid currency exchange fees and other risks of lossing some of your fiat.
Simple because bitcoin will earn you a lot of money by just waiting a few months. Because the value of btc is unstable it is very risky to buy it but when you make a lot of profit with it you will think it is worth the riskyness. And cash won't make you any money.
Miniel

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:12:59 PM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.

Bitcoin is decentralized. No one controls it, there is no middle men like banks. Banks usually takes away a small percentage in every transactions plus a certain delay of the process. While bitcoin transaction is fast, easy, secure, and theres no need for verification, not even your identity will be exposed. Btc and Cash has its different advantages and disadvantages. Now, It depends on the weigh of the transaction or how much monetary value is involved on wether what to use. If youre  in the foreign country I prefer to use Bitcoin to avoid currency exchange fees and other risks of lossing some of your fiat.
It is because bitcoin will make you more happy than cash will because bitcoin actually makes money for you by just investing some time in bitcoin.
Or just wait for the value to rise because that happens a lot as well.
AleksBozhinov

Activity: 117
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:15:59 PM

No one knows for sure, but bitcoin may be the future currency.

- Bitcoin itself as a protocol will evolve. Many people forget the simple fact that it is a protocol first and the money part just happens to be the first app written over it. Think of it like the Netscape browser written for (predominantly) HTTP. It was good at its time, but then other browsers took the mantle and Netscape was dethroned.

- The same analogy could apply to bitcoins (the money). It could be dethroned and for all we know Dogecoin or  Litecoin could prevail.

- The Buying process of Bitcoins will have to be made much more simpler than it is at present. All indications point that the process will get more streamlined, so buying bitcoins will be an easy task.

- In most countries (US included), companies that trade Bitcoins onto the local currency would be regulated. More exchange companies will mushroom.

Acceptance.

- Until and unless Buyers keep pressing / asking Merchant to accept Bitcoins, merchants will be oblivious to the demand. If you walk into a store and ask if they accept Bitcoins and they answer No, this is the expected answer. Repeat this scenario with 10 other Buyers asking the same and the Merchant will think differently. They just might start looking at Bitcoin acceptance.

- Much of the developed world where payment systems that enable instantaneous person-to-person payment are not available, would love to adopt Bitcoin. The barriers are the regulators and the almost near vacuum of local Bitcoin exchanges. Look at India - no exchange in India. Same can be said of Pakistan, Bangladesh, GCC, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand (though there are a few players in Thailand who are selling Bitcoins), North Africa, etc. There is a very large population that simply does not have access to buying bitcoins. Since they cannot buy it - they cannot trade with it. This will be changing in the coming months/years.

Volatility will minimize.

- I won't say it will disappear, the public at large is too sensitive to everything the media spews out relating to Bitcoins.
- Arbitrage will almost be negligible.
- You will see the movement pickup speed with a few authoritative anchor users accepting Bitcoins. (See  this excellent article by our resident Payments Maestro Brian Roemmele - Starbucks To Accept Bitcoin In 2014. by Brian Roemmele on Accepting Payments).
- As more and more larger corporations start offering Bitcoin as a payment alternative, many companies waiting in the shadows will jump onto the bandwagon. This chain-reaction trigger is very important for Bitcoin to survive. Many are waiting for the trigger.

- Acceptance of Bitcoin as an alt. currency in developing countries would be very important (as opposed to outright banning it). I however, have my reservations on this. The regulators in the developing have a very myopic vision when it comes to alternative currencies. Such obtuse undertaking will kill Bitcoin (in a legal manner) in the developing world.

- The market capitalization indicates in some manner that the currency is now too big to collapse (not that it cannot happen), by a measure of its own self, it will most likely survive.

- Snap Payments with Bitcoins for Websites, Freelancers, etc. would be enabled. This means, very quickly accepting $25 in Bitcoins, which are in turn converted to Euros and available in your pre-paid Debit Card (all by inserting some simple code on your website to accept the payment). Think BitPay or Coinbase on steroids, globally.

- Currency Brokers will be trading and dealing with Bitcoins more regularly.

- Bitcoin exchanges in the West (perhaps US, or UK) will prosper and take over in volume (provided international clients are allowed to hop in and trade).

- Incorporation of Bitcoin payments within Social Media would be the norm. You would definitely see native or plug-in based activity around Bitcoin. Think Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.

- Apps not related to money, but related to the open-ledger system of the Bitcoin protocol will start emerging. I'm absolutely lost when it comes to giving such examples, but I am sure, someone out there is thinking of a kick-ass way of using the Bitcoin protocol and building a non-payment app on top of it.

- Currencies based on the Bitcoin protocol or modified protocol, will start seeing a market themselves for specific purposes. It could very well be that Litecoin might dominate the Remittance market, or changing Linden Dollars to Litecoin. Or Mastercoin is used on boards like Warrior Forum or Digital Point (the Affiliate Marketing Ecosystem) or Peercoin is what is most accepted and traded in South Asia or South America. Such patterns and/or segmentation may very well emerge.
Gotottack

Activity: 882
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:30:13 PM

I agree with your observations. Although may I add that its feature that anchors on anonymity is one thing peculiar yet enticing to investors like myself. Why? It is because governments cannot tax on all your earnings through Bitcoin. They can hardly catch transactions that happen online, much more with cryptocurrencies. Thus, as an entrepreneur, I am assured all my earnings are all for me. Anyway there is nothing bad about it per se. How can governments tax you on something they did not even help you with? Do they help you secure your Bitcoin? Do they swear by you that should you fall by reason of fraudulent transactions, they will back you up? NO, right? So how can they tax you on something that only benefits them? In Bitcoin, you protect you; you invest at your own risk. I think it is only fair for you to get all your money's worth without governments taxing anything from you out of it.
RSM0103

Activity: 269
Merit: 12

we're Radio, online!

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 03:36:43 PM

Yes I agree with you, it has the potenial to go up or increase its value while the cash is as is what is, so if you invest in bitcoin possibly your money is mostly likely in time deposit in the bank that grow more as time pass, it is a good investment and to keep.

CyberFM   we're Radio, online!   Whitepaper
RADIO   ANN Thread   Twitter   Telegram
Blackhammer321

Activity: 400
Merit: 59

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:02:21 PM

I agree with you, it is better to have Bitcoin than cash because of some reason. Like what you've said, for security. You are secure or your money is secure if it is bitcoin why? in cash you are triggered to buy something you want because the money or your money is in your hand while bitcoin is not. Next is, bitcoin's value  might grow higher while cash is stable. So having bitcoin is good rather than cash. But I didn't say that we shouldn't value cash. Of course the bitcoin will convert it in cash so that's it.
BlackBi88

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 04:27:53 PM

I likes to hoard bitcoin than cash because BTC is very potential to invest, profit grows daily. The longer the cash, the longer the price slip. So holding BTC instead of cash is perfectly smart for people  Grin
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 07:04:32 AM

By bitcoins your money is secured,safe from harm while paying on transactions without bringing cash with you,its value increases everyday,if it loss its value it can regain sooner,through investment in bitcoin pretty sure to gain more profit.
A cashless society with no hassle when buying  product or gadgets  even in the internet.There were many merchants thats beggining to accept bitcoins. Bitcoins popularity continues to spread that affect the fluctiation of its value while cash remains.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:10:29 AM

From many differences that they have, probably the main few could be that bitcoin is digital and decentralized, less volatile than cash and maybe no real way of keeping a track of conventional currency.

Why some of this, cash is controlled by banks while bitcoin has owners. Bitcoin has a global acceptance and is less volatile than cash, cuz of this feature, it becomes easier to conduct transactions across boundaries and online (same fee for no matter how big or small transfer is made in bitcoin). Bitcoin have public record of every single Bitcoin transaction that has ever occurred and for cash there is no real way of tracking.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

JRoa

Activity: 528

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:14:44 AM

There are many reasons why we should use bitcoins. We can protect our identity if we use bitcoin, we can also secure and control our money and we can easily use bitcoin to easily pay our expenses by the uses of our mobile phones.

fedorkr6

Activity: 53

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:32:16 PM

Some individuals like to have Bitcoin instead of income since with Bitcoin the price can always go up which can lead to more money for the holder. But there is also a possibility that the cost is going to go down so often preserve examine of the value when you are holding.
ASICHEAD

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:12:59 PM

By bitcoins your money is secured,safe from harm while paying on transactions without bringing cash with you,its value increases everyday,if it loss its value it can regain sooner,through investment in bitcoin pretty sure to gain more profit.
A cashless society with no hassle when buying  product or gadgets  even in the internet.There were many merchants thats beggining to accept bitcoins. Bitcoins popularity continues to spread that affect the fluctiation of its value while cash remains.
I always see many crazy fan of Bitcoin like you. Do you know the reason make Bitcoin value increase? Why does its value always increase after fall down? I do not think it has power to automatic increases its value without any support from the whale, the investors spend their money to buy Bitcoin. If they stop to buy Bitcoin, the price of Bitcoin will dump and there is no bounce for Bitcoin like your said.

▄███▄
███████▄
██████▀██▄
█████▄  ▀██▄
████▀  ▄  ▀██▄
███▄ ▄██▀   ▀
██████▀  ▄█▄
███████▄█████▄
███████████████▄
████████████████▀
█████████▀
███████▀
 ▀███▀
Safein     
.M A K E   I S I M P L E.
A   R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   W A Y   T O   P A Y   O N L I N E
[WHITEPAPER]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████▀░░░░░▐████
███████████████░░░░░░░▐████
██████████████▌░░░▐████████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░░█████
███████████░░░░░░░░░░▐█████
▀█████████████▌░░░▐███████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████▀███████▀░░░▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌░░▀▀███▌░░░░░░░▄█████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████
█████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████
██████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄▄░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▄░░░░░░░▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░░░███████
████████▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░░████████
█████▄░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░████████
████████▄░█▀░░░░░░█████████
█████████▌▐░░░░░░░█████████
██████████░▄██▄░░██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
A
▬▬

█▄▄
██████▄▄
██████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄▄
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀
██████████████▀▀
██████████▀▀
██████▀▀
█▀▀
.GET IT ON               
Google Play
shawn995

Activity: 350

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 03:18:50 PM

I always see many crazy fan of Bitcoin like you. Do you know the reason make Bitcoin value increase? Why does its value always increase after fall down? I do not think it has power to automatic increases its value without any support from the whale, the investors spend their money to buy Bitcoin. If they stop to buy Bitcoin, the price of Bitcoin will dump and there is no bounce for Bitcoin like your said.
Bitcoin is more and more better then cash because the cash in your wallet will remain fix while the rate of bitcoin is volatile sometime it is increasing while some time it is decreasing but most probably the price is increasing because investors are increasing in bitcoin while supply of bitcoin is same or decreasing.
savinggrace28

Activity: 24

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:03:06 PM

Bitcoin is growing and its decentralize. Its the future money due to its convenience and value. It is an investment at the same time especially if in your country bitcoin is on the rise. Soon in the future itll be more seamless to transact invest and use bitcoin. it is believed that bitcoin can not be manipulated but still we need to be watchful when transacting or trading.
tanginamoo

Activity: 276

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:13:00 PM

I do agree in your thoughts about choosing bitcoin. I would like to add that with bitcoin, cashless society can be possible. You didn't need to carry money every time you want to go shopping. Lessen the stress on pulling out money from your wallet that can alarm the eyes of the criminals. Bitcoin is more easy to earn than real money.

strend4239

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:16:33 PM

Very good points. I'd like to add:

5) Banks can't steal it from you. You may think they can't steal cash either; that's not true. With central banks printing money by the hundreds of billions, and commercial banks creating money as debt like there's no tomorrow, they're effectively lowering the relative worth of your money in their advantage. Remember: stealing 5% off your deposit, or increasing the total money supply by 5% by creating it out of thin air, has essentially the same effect.
For me its easy to transack if we all have bitcoin cash less hassle but off course we have to face the reality that actual money is much superior in the days years or as long I live but much better if we go to some option...if we go to online currency less hassle free.
Naoko

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:17:08 PM

Bitcoin is not a physical currency it can be carried easily anywhere, it can't be stolen. In this digital world it is easy for any kind of purchase. Therefore it is more safer than cash.
Deathgamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:47:14 PM

Bitcoin has alot of potential rather than cash.Cash is to risky specially when you will go outside,Their is alot of bad people that will intentionally hold up you or get your money rather than bitcoin they dont know that your bringing a big amount but they canr get it and also you can transfer money using bitcoin all over the globe without fee and buy all you want using bitcoin.Very easy and effortless rather than cash.
Anochensio

Activity: 15

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 04:50:52 PM

Because cash can be easily stole from robbers but bitcoin is very hard to steal specially if you have a good and great wallet i would recommend to use block chain wallet for your bitcoins because it is the smartest and best wallet i have ever used.
Pages: « 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 [156] 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: