Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:58:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Does BTC have actually any real value ?
no real value ; it's just an internet token - 1 (1.7%)
People think btc has value, so, it has value - 32 (55.2%)
btc is backed by time, so, it has value - 4 (6.9%)
btc has value, because, it costs to generate & confirm transactions - 21 (36.2%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Bitcoin has actually value ?  (Read 2802 times)
Zorrocoin

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 02:32:05 PM

I think bitcoin has value. A real value ....... & u  Huh

I would make multiple votes if I could, it has value because people believe it is valuable. It has value because peoples time and expense creating it is valuable. Pushed to make one vote mine was it is valuable because people believe it is valuable.

Of course it is valuable and has value. Since bitcoin is used as a payment method, an investment method, easy transactions can be made through it. It does have value. Anything that can gain some other commodity for the exchange of that item is of value.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:25:36 AM

I would make multiple votes if I could, it has value because people believe it is valuable. It has value because peoples time and expense creating it is valuable. Pushed to make one vote mine was it is valuable because people believe it is valuable.

Of course it is valuable and has value. Since bitcoin is used as a payment method, an investment method, easy transactions can be made through it. It does have value. Anything that can gain some other commodity for the exchange of that item is of value.

It certainly does have value, the reason however is being discussed regarding why it has value. First of all, I'd like to say that it is not just an internet token, that statement is wrong. Bitcoin isn't backed by time, time doesn't 'back' anybody. People saying Btc has value, because, it costs to generate & confirm transactions is also wrong as the day people stop using it, there will be no transactions which means no value. It all sums up that bitcoin has value because PEOPLE value it, the day they stop that, bitcoin will come back to nothing, just digital scrap.
Harry Hood

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:39:48 AM

Everything that has value, has it because people collectively agree it has value.

Even gold is only valuable because people want it. The prices go up in part due to the finite quantity but that disappears if no one believes it has any value to begin with.

EndTheFed321

Activity: 577

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2015, 06:05:54 AM

People think btc has value, so, it has value Cool

Earn Free BTC by using your browser check it  out
https://get.cryptobrowser.site/11117080
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 09:00:49 AM

Value is all subjective, for certain people bitcoin has huge value, for some others it worth nothing

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:37:00 AM

People think btc has value, so, it has value Cool

basically that. that's also what i voted for. as long as we believe it has value, we are safe. i hope more people in the future will think like this.
gerXhonza

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 10:43:30 AM

Voted the most popular, have to add I never knew it was before voting.

The thing is a lot of people think paper backed by nothing has value, so it has value doesn't it.

BTC has value because it A, is worked for with time from many people and B, because people value BTC is why BTC has value to those that value it.
BillyBones

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 11:10:47 AM

No doubt, in a nutshell indeed Bitcoin has it's intrinsic digital gold value and it is really incomparable with any other currencies be it conventional or other new part time cryptos.
Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:00:08 PM

It sure has more value than any paper currency, and people think that's very valuable.

So yes, Bitcoin has value and it will likely increase as more people find it useful.

A paper currency would have more value than bitcoin if people started valuing it.. Nobody honestly values paper money for what it is, they only value it because it is backed my Gold. And a lot of people love and believe in the power of gold. Bitcoin, however, is not backed by anything except people's belief. If one day everybody stopped giving a fuck about bitcoin, it kinda dies. Like, really dies Tongue
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:04:47 PM

Nobody honestly values paper money for what it is, they only value it because it is backed my Gold. And a lot of people love and believe in the power of gold.

Paper money hasn't been backed by gold for 44 years.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:20:47 PM

Nobody honestly values paper money for what it is, they only value it because it is backed my Gold. And a lot of people love and believe in the power of gold.

I do not understand why backing money with gold is supposed to be good, is not gold the same? Something that has value because people gives value to it? I was told once that (some) indigenous cultures did not worship gold, and those having more of it were not necessarly the richest.

I know it is hard to extract, but there are things more difficult to get. What makes gold so special?

because it has an actual use in the industry, basically they need it, if you need it and thus you use it because it is necessary, it has value

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 04:53:04 PM

I do not understand why backing money with gold is supposed to be good, is not gold the same? Something that has value because people gives value to it? I was told once that (some) indigenous cultures did not worship gold, and those having more of it were not necessarly the richest.
I know it is hard to extract, but there are things more difficult to get. What makes gold so special?

because it has an actual use in the industry, basically they need it, if you need it and thus you use it because it is necessary, it has value

Industrial use of gold is very low. Gold's primary use is money. It's second biggest use is in jewelry. Regardless, according to Mises' Regression Theory, something needs to have value exclusive of its use as money in order to be considered money (or perhaps good money). Gold has that quality. Bitcoin doesn't quite fit the theory even though it seems to work. So, maybe the theory should be demoted to Mises' Regression Conjecture.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Zorrocoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:26:08 PM

None of the above.

Bitcoin has value because it is useful.

Yes of  course . And it is used as a  payment method for a reason. Plus, bitcoins are super useful, no need for currency conversion because it is a world wide currency and you can make business transactions in the blink of an eye. Additionally, you can gain so much from it if you invest in bitcoins
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 05:47:29 PM

I voted it only has value when people think it has value.  That is how I have always thought about any assist excluding maybe gold.  I don't even know if I should exclude gold.  The only reason I say that about gold as pretty much every person knows of its value.

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 11, 2015, 11:28:35 PM

I am glad people mostly voted "because people think it has value".

Even more correctly, it has value because someone else will value it in the future. There is a time aspect. That is why you can not deduce the current value from the number of coins and number of users. It is all speculation of what will happen in the future. This is with all money types.

Example: Let' say someone wants a bike so badly that he is willing to work for two weeks in his school summer holiday. The work will have a salary of the same as the price tag on the bike. But there is no security in this. It is speculation that the price of the bike stays put. This is not by any means guaranteed. The value of the money can go down (meaning all prices go up), or the bike specifically can go up in price. You make two deals, one before the work starts, and one two weeks later. In the mean time, you speculate that the bike price holds.

EDIT: Even better with a set of slalom skies, to focus on the time aspect. You work in the summer, and plan to buy something in the winter. In the mean time, you hold money, speculating on its future value.
hunterwolf
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 12:54:13 AM

People think btc has value, so, it has value

if people think shitcoin has value, than shitcoin has value. or paper money, or stamp, etc. because people give value. 
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:35:31 AM

Obviously the market cap and trust in any currency 'gives' it value but as far as intrinsic value is concerned it has a small value, bigger than fiat, but smaller than gold, it has a value because it is finite but also it has a value because it is used as a unit of transaction itself. Fiat is like a big bubble, the banks keep printing money out of thin air but BTC is mined and is limited, like precious metals.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 06:53:29 AM

I voted it only has value when people think it has value.  That is how I have always thought about any assist excluding maybe gold.  I don't even know if I should exclude gold.  The only reason I say that about gold as pretty much every person knows of its value.

Everybody thinks that fiat currency is backed by Gold, and Bitcoin is not backed by anything so it does not value. And everybody thinks that Gold is better than bitcoin because it is expensive. Gold is not backed by anything, just like bitcoin. The only thing that makes it that expensive is because people value it so much, if people stopped caring about gold, it will all be worthless.
MarkMJ

Activity: 714

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 08:49:08 AM

BTC have actually a big value
The value was made by us
People that use bitcoin,so simple.

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
DEV for cryptocurrency but I HATE forks
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 10:45:02 PM

If we didn't think it has value then I doubt we would be here. Bitcoin has more value than fiat currency which is essentially made up monopoly money that banks print on their own whim. At least bitcoin is decentralized. I think all currency should be created in such a way but obviously that's not in the interests of the powers that be.

Bitcoin has no inherent value.

Surely you can argue the blockchain has a value outside of bitcoin. Many things can be built on top of it so there's value there.

Though the blockchain is only as good as bitcoin is. When bitcoin crashes then the miners don't have their reward, which will bring the usefullness of the blockchain down too.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: